Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Hey Ex-Navy, glad to see you on the forum. You made the right decision. Getting rid of the stuff is great! Hope to see you on the road.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_biggrin.gif hey there "exnavydiver" guy...WELCOME icon_biggrin.gif

You got all the "RIGHT STUFF"...

Can't wait to meet up with you guys "down the road"...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Dave and Betsy -

Congratulations on "seeing the light"! icon_biggrin.gif

It really is so much fun, glad you decided to really go fulltime. And it is so liberating to get rid of all of the "stuff". We have even gotten rid of "stuff" in the coach. I have 3 cartons of "stuff" in the middle of the basement (can't reach from either side without sliding my body in there - - and neither one of use can remember what is in there that was so necessary that we brought it with us! As soon as I'm feeling really energetic, I'll crawl in there and get them out - - after all, if we haven't used it in a year, then out it goes! icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

When we packed for the trip I ended up with four plastic totes full of clothes, ham radio gear and a multitude of other stuff I just knew we would need for the trip. When we got home in May the totes had never been opened. Most of the clothes that were in them went to Goodwill, the radio stuff got set aside for the new rig where we will have room for it, the rest went into the rummage sale. We did acquire a bunch of other stuff on the trip, t-shirts,a hat, walking sticks and a bunch of coffee cups all of which fit nicely into this rig and will be moved to the new rig. I guess that the quantity of stuff decreased a bit, but the SIZE of the new stuff decreased drastically and we are still acquiring SMALL stuff. Small stuff is easier to get rid of than large stuff. I always wear jeans and t-shirts, I have kept a few dress shirts mostly Hawaiian shirts I got in duh! Hawaii two years ago. I have gotten rid of all my suits and sports coats and kept only one pair of dress shoes. The wife had done basically the same. Now that I am limited to jeans and t-shirts, tennis shoes and or flip-flops I can avoid places I used to have to wear anything else. I don't do formal anymore. If I have to attend a funeral then I will go buy a coat, or just get one from Goodwill. Tired of trying to be a fashion plate.

We are in southern Wisconsin at the moment for a family reunion and didnt bring any of the totes with us and don't even miss them and wow have we got storage room now. icon_eek.gif

While trying to figure out what to get for the new rig I finally decided to go ahead and just get the second AC as if we need it we have it, if we didn't get it and needed it we would have to go and get it. We got tired of needing stuff on this trip and not having it,as in slide toppers and patio carpets and water filter systems etc. Now that we have done a solid 7 months on one trip we have a much better idea what will and what will not fly. We will get everything on the new rig that we need and leave off the things the we don't need or use. One item we specifically asked not to be included on the new rig was the central vacuum system. We have two large Labs and one is a yellow that sheds for only thirteen months of the year. the central vac systems that come on most rigs don't have a beater bar head on them and some of the ones that do are vacuum driven. We are very happy with our new Bissell upright which out performs our old Hoover hands down. The one that was supposed to come on the Big Sky was on a blind corner cabinet by the island kitchen sink. That cabinet cannot be accessed from any other location and has a pretty large storage capacity so we will have a custom door front made and two shelves added to that cabinet after the rig arrives. Other than that I think we have a good handle on the rest of the program and are just waiting for a buyer on the stick house. We are both chomping at the bit to get it all finished and to hit the road. Dave and Betsy

Dave and Betsy, Beau the Lab, 06 Duromax/Allison. N4SIJ. Class of 06. We have a Big Sky Montana. In the Savannah, Ga. area for the bulk of the winter. "Some RV salesmen are like Slinkys, not good for much, but they make you smile when you kick them down the stairs"

Well we are back on the "wet" side of the Cascades, outside of Olympia WA until the 1st when we move over to Ocean Shores for a week.

It got a little hot last week in Yakima - we went geocaching and the next day played golf, both in 90° heat. Next day I didn't feel great as I had gotten dehydrated. Got to remember to drink BEFORE I start to feel thristy.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifWe're at Winchester Bay, OR...

Got here a little late for the BBQ...but we did get to visit and enjoy the company of old and new friends...

We will be here 'till Next Sunday...Then up to Chinook, WA... icon_smile.gif

The weather is great...a little windy today but we have had some great sittin out weather...no more of the Sacramento Valley heat... icon_biggrin.gif

Weare headed out to Florence to have my clam chowder/shrimp salad and bloody mary fix... icon_razz.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Charlie,

Don't pass up the Waterfront Depot in Florence!! icon_cool.gif

You won't regret having the crab encrusted halibut and their crab cakes are dy--no--mite!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your week in Winchester Bay.

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita, currently in Ennis, MT

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

icon_smile.gifGordon...my friend...

Where is the Waterfront Depot...Is it the one right next door to MO's???

Do they have other things besides seafood??? icon_wink.gif

You know Mikey doean't eat any of the wiggely stuff... icon_rolleyes.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

icon_biggrin.gifHey Mr.Gordon Sir...

Where is the "Waterfront Depot"? Is it the one right next to MO's???

Do they serve anything besides seafood??? You know Mikey doesn't like the wiggely stuff...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Charlie,

The Waterfront Depot is at the other end of the street (down near the bridge) on the same side as Mo's. They serve all sorts of stuff other than watermeat icon_biggrin.gif so Mike will have no problems with great food. The Depot is an old rail station that was moved down from Mapleton many years ago.

Enjoy beautiful Winchester Bay!!! We sure did.

Your friends in the BMW,

Gordon and Juanita

The prices are reasonable and it is a favorite with the locals. Be sure to get reservations...it is very busy!!

Howdy all,

We have arrived at the Red Rock RV Park near Island Park, Idaho, space #10...staying until Sept 4. icon_cool.gif If anyone is in the area before our departure, be sure to stop in and say hi.

Gene (Reb) and Shirley Schaeffer showed up about an hour after our arrival and will also be around for a little over a week.

Duane and Louise,

Great to see that you are having a good time in Alaska...you are really getting us fired up for our trip up that way next summer. icon_smile.gif

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Hey guys, Jeff got in to see an endocrinologist and they are saying he's a serious candidate for an insulin pump! Meanwhile, he's been changed to another type of insulin that seems (two days so far) to be keeping him in better control. We're excited.

We are now in Paul Wolff park, a beautiful Kane County forest preserve close to Elgin, IL. Planning to take the train in to Chicago Sunday for the Taste of Chicago - about 150 Chicago restaurants represented. The weather is glorious, actually had to run the heat pump the last two mornings to get the chill out. We know it won't last, but we're enjoying it while we can.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hi, we are Steve and Genneal.

We retired and started full-timing in June 06. Have been traveling all around US since then.

Currently in Fairbanks, AK. Heading to the Artic Circle. From Fairbanks, we will be heading south towards Anchorage. Staying in Riverview RV Park.

Duane and Louise, what park are you staying in?

Steve H

A couple more Class of '06ers that we hadn't heard from before - this is great!

We are at Ocean Shores for this week - should be fun as Dave's brother and sister-in-law are bring their 5er over to a lot they have on the golf course. We plan to get in some golf and geocaching with them.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Steve and Genneal, Duane and Carol...welcome, welcome...

Steve and Genneal...going to the Artic Circle...??? Oh my not that is certainlay ambitious...Do you have a blog to share your pics on??? Would love to follow your travels...

Duane and Carol...we are in Oregan/Washington too...(Chinook, WA to be exact...just across the Columbia from Astoria,OR)...

Yep...you guys we finally made it back to Chinook...had a great time in Winchester Bay for a week and now will be here 'till Sepy. or Oct...I'm sitting in my coach looking across the river at the lights of Astoeia...it's more beautiful than I even remembered it...

Had dinner with Kaley, Tom and Suzanne...it was so nice to see them...of course...especially Kaley...

The weather has been pretty good so far... hopefully it will hold through the 4th...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

We are now in Canyon Pines RV park just outside of Pollock, ID. Will be here for the next seven nights. Will be busy on Saturday as our oldest son is getting married that day in Riggins, about 20 miles down the road.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

icon_biggrin.gifHey Scubadave and Dianne...I bet you guys will be busy this week...with the wedding and all...I sure hope you guys are having good weather...the weather nere in Chinook is

AWESOME!!!

It is suppose to be more of the same for the next 2 weeks or so... icon_cool.gif

Reb and Shirley should be back in WA...by the 24th...they are in Idaho at Red Rock Campground, near Island Park...with Gordon and Juanita...It looks like a great park... icon_smile.gif

We have been here at the "Sundown RV Park since yesterday and had dinner with the fam. last night and then we spent the day with Kaley today...she is real JOY!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Have a good evening all...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Hi everyone

Had a great time at Yellowstone with Gordon & Juanita.

We are in Cheney WA. for the next few days, then heading for Newport, WA. for about 5 days before heading back to Maple Valley, and Graham for the summer.

Is anyone close by? Would love to meet up. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

We are up in Sequim (between Port Angeles and Port Townsend) for the next week. Spent the week of the 4th at Ocean Shores - where we got our 250th geocache find. We watched a part of the fire works display on the beach. It isn't organized, just thousands of people flood out onto the beach from Ocean Shores clear up to Pacific Beach - 12 miles north - and when the sun goes down they start shooting fireworks. There was a 35+ mph wind blowing in from the ocean so it wasn't long before the smoke and cinders drove us away - not to mention the idiots who shot them off right next to the dunes, which are covered in VERY dry grass. Of course some people also built campfires on the dunes and then just left them! They had fires all over the place that night - the poor fire department had a difficult time of it. One cache we were looking for was literally burnt up in the fire, but another survived. I'll get pictures up on the blog soon. We made a quick dash over to Seattle to see our daughter and son-in-law who spent the 4th with my mother and sister, as well as seeing some of their friends who are recently moved from Dallas to Seattle. We stayed near the airport so we could put them on a plane this morning. Boy am I glad to be away from the city.

Anyway, if anyone is over this way give a holler.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived