Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Billie and Johnny, If it's only a money issue, how much would it cost to keep it up for another few months? If it’s a reasonable amount I would be willing to send you a check to pay for it through the end of January 08. I would like to see it up at least till our 1 year anniversary. Let me know what you think. Cheers for now….…mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Melvis,

Thank you for offering to pay the cost for the class site. I may have found a solution.

Class,

Take a look at a new site that I think will work and won't cost a dime to anyone. I won't be able to post the class contacts page, as on the other site, because password protections is not available yet, but will be soon.

Take a look and let me know if this will work for all of you. It is very easy to use and maintain and I can let a couple of other volunteer classmates have access and help.

Here is the URL

http://www.freewebs.com/fulltimingclassof06/index.htm

Hey Billie. . .the new website looks great. Thank you for all of your blood, sweat and tears shed with the first website. icon_biggrin.gif

Now, all you boys and girls...the latest from Two Hams in a Can: Jeff is still getting poked and prodded at The Gt. Lakes VA Medical Center.

The latest development is he is scheduled to undergo cataract surgery on his right eye in a week or two icon_eek.gif . He had gotten new glasses a few weeks ago; but, the right eye still was fuzzy. He is still being evaluated for receiving an insulin pump; maybe in late September. As for the feet problems; we won't know what gives until late September icon_rolleyes.gif ; when, Jeff sees the podiatrist again.

As long as we are going to be in the near Chicago area for a while, we have taken on a job as park hosts at The Buffalo Park Kane County Forest Preserve Campground in Algonquin, Illinois; beginning Aug. 1st and ending Oct. 31st; when, the park closes for the winter. If any of you are traveling through the area on the way to or from The Escapade in Goshen, Indiana (which we won't be able to attend icon_frown.gif ), come by and spend a few days in Buffalo Park. Do bring an exterior water filter...the water is full of iron! The park is very wooded; and, The Fox River flows through it, providing a home for ducks, geese, cormorants and other examples of local fauna. There are photos on our blog site. Hope to see some of you before snow sends us back to the Ft. Worth area. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Jeff forgot to add that we are now in Indianapolis for a few days to attend a Drum Corps International Show. Our son Adam and his girl Laura will be driving in from Chicago to meet us - the show is on his birthday. Then we'll return to Buffalo Park to stay for awhile.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

New web site is great! Thanks so much.

Well we spent a wonderful 11 days at the Evergreen Coho Co-Op park in Chimacum. Liked it so much we got on the waiting list for a space in 6-8 years (we're 259th on the list!) when we might want to spend the summers in one spot.

We're over in my old hometown (Sedro-Woolley) for a week so we can help my mom celebrate her 85th birthday. My sister and I are hosting an open house tomorrow - - should be interesting as I haven't seen a lot of my relatives in some 40 years!

Then we are moving down to Seattle for a few days so we can attended the Chateau St. Michele Summer Jazz Festival. We got to see Acoustic Alchemy at Jazz Alley 3 weeks ago, and now another great show - - Dave is now scouting jazz concerts for the winter and trying to co-ordinate some of our travel. We really do enjoy them. Not sure where we will go after Seattle - may head down to the Long Beach area for awhile.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

icon_smile.gif The new website is fabulous. Thank you for all the hard work. It is much apprecated.

We are back in WA at least through August so Gene can have cataract surgery on both eyes. We are in the Puyallup area, since we needed a campground where we could stay for a month or so.

Let us know if anyone is in the area.Would love to meet up.

Safe travels, everyone.

We are in Anchorage for the weekend to pick up our daughter so she can travel with us for 2 weeks. Will head for Denali National Park on Monday. The new web site is pretty cool. Is everybody going to start posting there instead of here? We will be heading back to the lower 48 in about 3 weeks.

Be safe everyone

Duane and Louise

Hi, we are in Kasilof, AK. Just got back from a "bear viewing" trip to Lake Clark Nat'l Park (west side of Cook Inlet. DuaneandLouise, if you have the time, you should take your daughter over, the fist are just starting to run and it is fantastic. Hope you have better luck in Denali then we did. Spent a week waiting for the clouds to reveal Mt. McKinley, and never did see all of it. Two days after we left, low and behold, there wasn't a cloud in the sky!! There are two web sites that have live views of the mountain. One is www.flyk2.com/webcam.html. The other is www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/denacam/denacam.cfm.

We are going to give Denali another try for the fall colors in early Sept, then back to Fairbanks for the Northern Lights in mid-Sept.

After that heading for the MDT rally in Sedalia, Mo in Oct.

Steve Heinzen

Hey everyone, we are back at Buffalo Park in Algonquin. Had a great time in Indianapolis with our son and his girlfriend. We did everything that he likes - saw "The Simpsons Movie", went to a Drum Corps show, saw "Harry Potter" again and played lots of games and had a great time.

As said earlier, we are going to be the camp hosts here at Buffalo Park and we're on duty Mon-Thurs from 3-9 p.m. We will be at Buffalo Park through October 31st when the park closes; however, we may take some weekend trips. If you're in the area, come on down!

Hello Steve: Sorry I didn't have time to hookup with you last weekend in Yuba City. I was only there for 2 days and my daughter kept me busy. I'm on the California Coast now. How's the heat at your place? Yuba was smokin' hot. Where are you gonna be around Christmas/New Years? Keep in touch. Cheers for now............

Yo! Jeff and Suzanne: I may be passing thru the Buffalo Park/Algonquin Area on my way to the Escapade in early September. Can I get a discount if I tell them I know you, or will they charge me extra? I may drop in to say Howdee if you don't mind. Maybe even if you do mind icon_smile.gif

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Hey Melvis...Aw shucks, we wouldn't charge more than double; but, you could make it up in personal appearances. There's sometimes a waiting line at the toilet facilities on Saturday mornings; usually, hangover induced. icon_biggrin.gif C'mon down...it's only $15 per night W/E...we'll do ya right! icon_wink.gif We work Mon.-Thur.; but, we're usually in the park (site #41) all the time. Hope to see ya! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gifHey guys...we're still in Chinook, WA, but we've been on a couple of side trips...one to Sacramento,CA, (cousins reunion for my kids...)then to Redmond/Bend to visit a nephew and his fam.,(who couldn't make it to the reunion) then one to Elsie, OR to Camp 18 for lunch...Great food in all places...

We have been in great weather too...just a couple of hot days, especially in Scramento...

Were gettin' ready to leave here on Monday for our Cruise to Alaska...Leavin' the Coach and Halle' in the BPNW...and we will return on the 17th or 18th of the month... the cruise is from the 8th through the morning of the 15th...some sight seeing at Whistler and Victoria then home to Chinook...

Then we are really not sure what is on the road ahead...

Really have been enjoying reazding of all of your escapades...

Hope to see you all down the road...soon!!!

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

icon_smile.gifBarb and Dave...Shoot...sure wish we were gonna be here... icon_frown.gif

Long Beach is just about 30 minute drive from here...

Where will you be in the Seattle area? We're gonna try, they're up there someplace,...maybe we could see you guys too... icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe get together for a meal or somethin'...

If you go into Astoria while you are in Long Beach, say Hi to "TAD"...he will be sitting on the left hand side of the road just about a quarter of a mile before you turn right to cross the Megler Bridge to Astoria...He will probably be a little lonely... icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

I'm looking forward to today. We should have several thousands of bikers here at Devils Tower today. Had a few thousand Monday and yesterday, but I'm told it will not be anything compaired to today. They have what is called the "Ham and Jam" in Hulette today. Hulette is a town of 408 and they expecrt up to 40,000 bikers today. That's right 40 thousand! Wonder what it's like 75 or 80 miles east of here in Sturgis, SD??????????

Wendell

Jeff had his cataract surgery yesterday with just a small complication - had a problem with the lens bag that holds the lens. It tore, and they had to take a couple of stitches, so his recovery time will be a little bit longer.

We returned to Buffalo Park after the surgery and found a "road closed" sign on the park. Storms had come through on Monday night and some areas got as much as 6" in one evening. Anyway,the Fox River on which Buffalo Park is located, rose a good bit, and the river had not yet crested by 2:00 p.m. yesterday. They were evacuating the park and only three RV's were left including us. Lucky for us, Paul Wolff park is only 10 miles to the south and they were holding a place for us.

I had to do the majority of the packing because Jeff was not supposed to do any lifting at all. This was made worse by the fact that we had unloaded everything expecting not to move until October 31st. Suffice to say, once we arrived at Paul Wolff, we were both exhausted and got a well-deserved rest.

We don't know how long the park is going to be closed. We talked to some of the park employees at Paul Wolff this morning, and they had heard about a week since they had opened the dams on the Fox and rain is expected again tonight. I'm at the VA right now with Jeff's follow-up visit, and we're planning to stop by Buffalo Park on the way back to see how bad it is.

Jeff's follow-up was not as good as it could have been. First, his pressure was way up in his eye, so he has to take a whole regimen of eye drops and medicine to keep that down. Secondly, they found a piece of his old lens that didn't get taken out, so he's got to see a retinologist on Friday with possible additional surgery next week. The Dr. said that his body would probably dissolve the lens piece over time, but it would hinder his sight until then, so it's better to get it taken care of now. Eventually, he'll be back 100% as the implanted lens is seated well.

Jeff & Suzanne,

Sorry to hear that things are taking a little longer to heal. Hope the additional surgery corrects the problem without any more hiccups!

We're out at Long Beach this week. I will be so happy when school starts up again and we get the nice places to ourselves. I know that is selfish - but I do love our peace and quiet. Actually, it isn't that bad, just that the town in full on the weekends, so we use those days for cleanup and enjoy to the relative calm. We're going over to Randle on Tuesday to meet up with another couple we met last fall at the Van Wert, Ohio Escapade. Should be fun to compare notes on our first year.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hello Jeff & Susanne,

Best wishes on the healing process for Jeff. I had my cataracts done by the VA a few years back, 03/04, I think. One had to be done twice because upon injecting a syringe behind one eye, they hit a blood vessel, and they went into hypermode to fix it. My pictures looked like Barry Bonds hit a home run on my left eye. Anyway, it did heal and they took care of me well. Keep pluggin away.]

Dick

Thanks Barb & Dave and to you, Dick & Paula for well wishes. I will say the results of my cataract surgery didn't live up to the optimistic predictions expressed by the medical team (wishful thinking on their part? icon_confused.gif) Still, this VA facility is way better than the Dallas and Ft. Worth facilities. If they had done the job, I'm confident I'd be totally blind today. I'm scheduled to undergo major surgery this Thursday the 16th to remove the piece of cataract resting near my retina; and, true to form, that's the day we are scheduled to move back to Buffalo Park...the flood waters having receded. We have left a message with the Senior Ranger to see if we can move back on Wednesday the 15th; since, I will be flat on my back for 48 to 72 hours after the surgery. Thanks again, guys, for your concern...that's what keeps the ol' ham smiles on! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Archived