Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

We are in Cheney, Wa. also. Meeting up with Shirley and Gene later today for some catch up. Plan on leaving tomorrow, spend the night around Winthrop, WA and then over the hump to the BPNW and hopefully some cooler temps.

Barb and Dave are you heading back to Sedro-Woolley before moving on?

Will be in the Skagit County area for at least 6 weeks so if anyone hits the Mount Vernon, WA area give us a holler

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're still in Illinois. We moved back to Buffalo Park close to Algonquin on Thursday. We plan to stay here a couple of weeks, then we're headed to Indiana for a bit. Our kids from Arlington, TX drove up last week and we had a large group with us for several days. The quiet sure is nice.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Duane and Louise,

We've been following your every move in AK on your blog with great interest. You are one of several couples who are currently in the north country and providing us with very useful information for our trip next year. Thanks for keeping the blog posted! icon_smile.gif Sorry about the problem with the hitch. It's fortunate that you caught it before losing the toad!

We are busy seeing the many sights around our current location near Island Park, Idaho, which is 20 miles south of West Yellowstone, MT. We have met up with several Class of '05 members (Garry and Jenny, Ken and Sandy, and Bill and Helen) over in Yellowstone for a great Dutch oven dinner, found many new friends here at Red Rock RV Park, seen and photographed a lot of spectatuclar locations, done a little geocaching, worked on some projects, and even rested up a bit. We plan to depart on September 4 heading for Minnesota and other points east for the fall.

Jeff and Suzanne,

Sounds like you are getting in some nice quality time with family. Juanita took a flight from Missoula, MT, when we were in that area several weeks ago and spent a week with her grandchildren in the SF Area. She is also happy with the resumed quiet! We think of you often for all the obvious reasons.

Safe travels to all!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

I agree that things have b een a little slow for all of the folks in '06. We have been busy at Devils Tower, 2200 to 2300 vistors a day at the small vistors center.

Sturgis Bike week is coming up the first full week of August. We should be very busy then. No cars are allowe. "up top" where the vistors centger is during that time, Only motorcycles. Should be a fun time.

Wendell

We had a streneous move today - took us all of 35 minutes to drive the 28 miles over to Chimacum to the SKP Evergreen Co-Op park. Our kind of morning. The coffee was still hot in the pot when we finished setting up. icon_biggrin.gif

I think we aren't seeing as much in terms of posts from the '06ers because after all of the effort of getting out last year, making all of the new fulltimer mistakes, etc., we're all just enjoying this year to the fullest in a laid back sort of way. I know we've really slowed down and really like it.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hay All,

Keep those posts and blogs going. I'm doing my travel through you guys this summer!

Not much to do or see or talk about here in hot, dry north central California.

We do have one doe with two fawns visiting here on the family homestead in Loma Rica, a couple of bucks and a whole bunch of wild turkeys. Oh, did I mention the covey of quail that live here?? Noisy things they are but not as bad as the bluejays.

I have nine bird feeders out (including 3 for hummingbirds) so I wake up to song every morning.

The creek is only 25 feet away so I go do sleep each night to the sound of water running water and croaking frogs.

The big distraction right now is that all the oak trees are starting to drop their acorns. They make a real loud "thump" when they hit the roof of the motorhome!! (Sheesh, it's a rubber roof, you'd think that would soften the sound!!)

Hope to see everyone in Texas this winter.

Travel Safe...

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hello Y'all: So does anyone have a plan for the Texas meeting? Like exact place and/or time frame yet? Would it be before or after Christmas? Just wondering. Hope y'all are doing well. Happy trails.............

Yo Steve: I will be in Yuba City next weekend before heading to the coast. Maybe we could meet at the Moose Saturday or Sunday? Cheers for now.................

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Hi Melvis...as for us, we have shows in Grapevine (near Ft. Worth, TX) through the last weekend of December. Then, we have reservations in Los Angeles beginning Feb. 1st to resume our efforts in TV/film acting. So, our time preference would be early to mid-January. Location? Whatever! But, as always, whatever works best for the majority of the class. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Jeff and Suzanne: Thanks for the input. I plan to be in Texas in December anyway and was kind-of hoping I could kill two birds w/one stone but like you said, whatever works the best for the most. I could always go back in January. We'll see what the other folks think. Take care for now...........................

Our long range plans call for us to be in Oklahoma late Oct or early Nov and then on to Texas. Possible middle TX for xmas time and then to the RGV , McAllen area, for Jan. until whenever. Just waiting to here when the dates and location is settled to firm up things.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hello Vern and Sue: I will be there for sure and I think a few others will be also. Judy for one. Judy and I are both doing the HOP and will be in the full-hookup section. We can post on the bulletin boards to locate each other. Take care and see ya then.....

Vern and Sue, Yep, I'll be there and I know Diana and John will be there early for the boot camp. I think we're all in the 30amp full hookups. Let's get together when you get there.

I moved from Pea Island NWR to Alligator River NWR for July and August. I love the Outer Banks (OBX) but it sure is hot and muggy here. Lots of bears, wolves, and alligators...oh my!

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

We might be there. We're waiting to see when Jeff's September Dr. appointments will be, then we'll register if we can come. Hope to see all of you then - 06ers we've met and those we haven't.

Hi everyone, thought I would update. We are currently in Delaware visiting family and friends but heading north Monday (23rd). Talking our time and plan to be in New Hampshire by August 3rd. This will be our first time in NH and looking forward to it. We will be staying at "Newfound RV Park" in Bridgewater/Bristol, NH and plan to be there till around October 2nd. Leaving before it gets COLD ;-) If your in the area, come visit us! Any suggestions on places to visit, please let us know.

After NH we again need to stop by Delaware to get our car inspected and tagged. Long range plans are to be heading west by mid November. We plan to stay in Arizona again for the winter (we loved it). We would love to see everyone again!

Hope all are doing well!

Loving Life,

Robert and Shelly Evans

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

I don't think that Mae Dean and I can make it to the Fall get together. Our last day to volunteed here at Devils Tower is Labor Day, but I think that we will stay parked here for at least another week. I would like to drive over to Yellowstone for 3 or 4 days before we leave here and there is a lot I want to see and do in South Dakota and Iowa. After that I think we will head to Branson and several places in Arkansas for a few weeks. I then need to go back to Jackson, MS for a couple of weeks to get a few medical matters taked care of.

Wendell

Good deal!

We will be looking forward to meeting Melvis and Judy and especially Jeff & Suzanne, who I'm sure are the "Stars" of any get together.

We'll be in Elkhart IN for some repairs on the MH on July 31st. Then on to MI for August for Dr. and family visits, then back to IN for Escapade.

We really hope things go well for you Jeff, and that ya'll can make it to the "happening". It will be the first RV get together of any kind for us, so we are excited and anxious!

See ya'll there,

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

John and I will be there...pre rally, boot camp and the escapade.....we also are looking forward to meeting and hanging out with you fine folks!!! Next week will head down to fill in at Anahuac NWR thru the last weekend in August. They have a difficult time getting volunteers this time of year? go figure, lol

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Robert & Shelly,

Visit Mt. Washington...ride the Cog Railway up to the top. Watch out, it can get windy up there!

I loved the covered bridges on the Saco River around Conway.

N.H. is a beautiful state, enjoy.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Because of unforeseen circumstances, Johnny and I will no longer be able to maintain the class web site. We can no longer justify the monthly cost we have been paying. The website is really not being used anymore. Visits are only averaging about 3 to 5 people a day. Most of the class communications are done right here on this forum. I really do hate to have to take the site down, but we have no choice.

I hope that someone in the class can find a way to build another site for the class. I am loading all the class photos that I have received into a class Photobucket account. The class will still have access to the photos. Any other content that has been placed on the current site can be emailed to a new class site administrator if needed.

I really appreciate the opportunity of being the class site administrator, but we just can't bare the cost any longer. The website will be taken down in about week before the next billing.

This really breaks my heart that I have to do this. Please forgive me!

Again thanks for the support and opportunity,

Billie

icon_frown.gif

Archived