Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Jeff & Suzanne,

Sorry to hear about the glitches in your road. Sure hope the healing goes smooth (and also the second surgery!) and passes quickly.

Have you had any problem with hail along with all of that rain? Those thunder storms are scary, eh?

Hay, what size generator is that you guys have? I like your set up and have been thinking about getting a small generator myself to run the coffee pot & toaster oven.

The web site of the RV Park in the Rio Grande Valley I was planning on wintering at does not exist anymore. I am now open to all suggestions. If you have a place in mind for this winter please let me know.

Cheers,

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve. . .thanks for the get well wishes. I've found out that the complications I experienced in my cataract surgery happen during one in one thousand operations. If I had known that when I walked in and saw "Now serving #999", I'd have let the other guy go in ahead of me!!! icon_biggrin.gif As for the generator, you might get by with a Honda 1000i for light duty with careful wattage planning. The coffeemaker and the toaster oven together might be a strain on the 1000i. We chose the Honda 2000i for more use flexibility. In any event, we can recommend Mayberry Sales & Service (800.696.1745) for a good price; free shipping; and, prompt delivery. Speedway Sales & Service 888.617.7333 also advertises a similar deal. Don't know anything about the RGV. . .never been there in all the years we've lived in Texas. We usually did our camping in the summer; and, who wants to be in Texas in the summer????????????? icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Jeff,

So YOU are the lucky #1,000. I was wondering who it was. Now, if we can find out who is the 1 in a million.......

Thanks for the info on the Generator. I sure hate to spend the money and spend the storage space....but I sure hate to fire off that big gas guzzling 3.5KW generator just to make a pot of coffee and a begel! Not to mention the noise.

C U down the road....

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

We have 10 more days to "work" (to me it's more like fun) here at Devils Tower, as our last day is Aug 30. On the 31th we will leave our motorhome here and drive over to Yellowstone for 3 or 4 days. Looking forward to that.

I have got another volunteer position at Wolf Creek Fish Hatchery at Jamestown, KY for about 2 or 2 1/2 months. Will be there during Oct and Nov so we should see a lot of fall colors. It's also near Renfrow Valley so we will be able to hear some good country music.

Got GOOD NEWS yesterday. We went over to Gillette, WY so I could have another blood test and a Cat Scan. Lab report on the Blood work was good, and there was NO SIGN of cancer in the Cat Scan. Been cancer free for 15 months now.

Wendell

YEAH WENDELL!!! That is fantastic news!!

Jim also just had his 3rd post-surgery test and the results were great!! So ten months post surgery and all is well!!

I'm so glad that all is going well for you!! Keep up the good work - uh - good play!! LOL

Safe travels.....

Bette

icon_smile.gifHey Wendel and Jeff...keep gettin' better' n'better...we need you guys out here and feeling and seeing good...

Barb and Dave...are you still in Long Beach???

We are home a couple of days early and didn't know if we might have caught you still in the neighborhood...if so maybe we could get together for a meal or something...???...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Charlie,

Sorry we missed you - we are over in Randle now. Went up to Windy Ridge overlook for Mount St. Helens yesterday - - saw steam rising from the volcano! More geocaching, and Mt. Rainier in the next couple of days if the clouds lift.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

icon_smile.gifBarb and Dave...maybe next time... icon_biggrin.gif

Well guys, we're headed back to CA...Mike has taken a 3 month position back at PG & E...so we will try to stay on the coast where it is cool...this position is in San Jose...so we can live close to the coast there...

If any one knows any "reasonable" RV places we would sure like the info... icon_cool.gif

We just returned from our Cruise to Alaska...it was relly "outa sight"...we had a very nice time and saw some great scenery...not to mention wildlife...(on and off the ship) icon_razz.gif

I'll have it on our blog asap... icon_smile.gif

Anyway have a great day "mates"...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Hi all!! icon_biggrin.gif Well, I came thru my second eye surgery if fine form yesterday, thanks to all of your prayers and well wishes. The surgeon got out all of the pieces of cataract that had fallen into my eye; and, cleaned up the vitreous fluid that had dozens of "floaters". He was almost rapturous about the good condition of my retina; especially, after having been a Type I diabetic for 37 years. No infections, minimal swelling, etc., etc. I still have fuzzy vision in my right eye; but, I can see gradual improvement daily. So, thanks again for all your concern. We are back at Buffalo Park-the flood waters having receded. The best part is we don't have to move until Oct. 31st; so, I can just sit on the bank of The Fox River and heal!!! Come see us if you can. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Jeff & Suzanne, your good report is welcome news to us all. Keep healing and please keep us informed of your progress. Have a good time "sitting on the banks of the river". There could be a bluegrass song in there somewhere.

Jim and Sherri

To find us, we're number 1577 at:

http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1577

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Barb and Dave - yes, we will be back in Texas for Christmas. We plan to leave IL on Nov. 1st and wend our way back in time for rehearsals for the Christmas show at the Gaylord barring any unforeseen medical complications. It will be good to get together then.

Looking forward to it!

Jeff, Suzanne, Barb, & Dave, will you guys be back at Treetop? Mae Dean and I will more than likley be in Arlington during this time and would like to see you again. Both Mae Dean's mother, and sister live in Arlington.

Judy - how prescient you are! We had to evacuate Buffalo Park last night. The river rose 30" yesterday and 12" of that was within a half hour last night. Rain is forecast for the next several days, and the river is expected to crest Sunday, plus they will be opening the dam to let water out of the lake. Looks like we'll be at Paul Wolff for at least another week, possibly two. For those of you wanting to stop by on your way to or from Escapade, we'll keep you posted on the ebb and flow of the Fox River.

Well, Gang. . .as promised, here's an update on the Fox River and Buffalo Park. If you watched the news today, 8/23, you saw it has been raining buckets in the upper Illinois area. . .right along The Fox watershed. We would be surprised if Buffalo Park even opened in time for Labor Day. We will be here at Paul Wolff Campground; the other Kane County Forest Preserve Campground ten miles south of Buffalo Park. It's higher ground here; and, home for us for as long as Jeff has VA medical stuff going on. His eye is gaining sight little by little. . . hopefully in a few more weeks he will get new glasses. Meantime, he's still being evaluated for an insulin pump; and, sometime after Sept. 21st, the VA will tackle the Charcot's Feet issue. All this rain is hitting Indiana pretty hard. . .don't know if it will affect The Escapade. Well, more later. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

I'm heading out tomorrow for the Chicagoland area after finishing up my volunteer stint at Alligator River NWR and Pea Island NWR, NC. I will be flying out of Chicago over the Labor Day weekend for Vegas for my youngest son's wedding and then on to the HOP and Escapade. I hope the water recedes in the next week. icon_smile.gif

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hey Jeff and Suzanne,

Keep the powder dry out there you two! We will be leaving the West Yellowstone area Sept 4 on our way to Lake Superior, the U/P of Michigan, and then south to Ohio, Kentucky, and points south, depending on the weather.

We may even divert to your area but will look for dry ground...we don't have oars for our 5th wheel. icon_eek.gif

Take care, stay dry, and get healthy. We're thinking about you!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We are in Missoula, MT today. We are picking up a new braking unit for the tow car Monday if it gets here by then. The one we have quit working. I called Roadmaster and they are sending a new one to us here. That's pretty good service!! Then it's off to Ohio for the granddaughter's birthday. We are slowin down after we get there, the fuel is killing me...lol

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Hey Duane and Louise, (and anyone else concerned about gas prices, which is probably all of us), If you have internet access I highly recommend gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas prices in your area. Sometimes just crossing a county line could save you a few bucks. It’s really helped me. I just went through Montana last week. It’s a huge state but mostly nice driving. Have fun and good luck.

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Archived