Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Not enough time to socialize with everyone last night?

Post escapade social at 7PM at Vern and Sue's green grass just west of Gate FIVE in a green & gold MH with a 10' wind sock and white van.

Bring your drink and a chair.....if ya get lost 281-452-2712

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Boys & Girls...hope everyone had a good time at The Escapade! We were with you in spirits (bourbon, wine, Buttershots, Pucker icon_rolleyes.gif). After we recuperate, on Monday, we are moving to Illinois Beach State Park in Zion, Il to be closer to The VA. Jeff's last scheduled appt. is Oct. 12th; so we will head back to Texas sometime after that, depending on any ongoing medical issues. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Gordon & John,

If ya'll get a chance, don't miss the Pictured Rocks boat tour out of Munising MI, it's the best way of seeing them. The boats don't run if the water is very rough though.

It might be a good time for some fall colors too.

If the colors are good you might want to consider a one day train ride out of Sault Ste. Marie Canada witch is an out and back through the Agawa Canyon. VERY pretty!

Hope ya'll enjoy the North woods.

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Thanks for the notes Vern,

We are trying to get in as much of the north woods as we can before the white stuff sets in. We had a little taste of winter last Friday, but the snow showers passed by rapidly and the weather up here is currently fantastic.

We saw the colors last year up in this part of the world, but we were two weeks later...only some maples are turning up on the north shore of Lake Superior at the moment.

Take care and safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

After a weekend camping with my sister and brother-in-law at Rock Cut State Park in IL, I drove to Rice Lake State Park in MN on Sunday and will be hosting here until about Oct. 14. The mosquitoes are more than numerous, but it was like coming home. I have hosted here for seven summers. I will be taking care of my yearly checkups at the Mayo Clinic and enjoying some time with my grandsons and friends in the area.

Mike......are you in Maine yet?

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Yo Judy Booty, I'm not even close to Maine yet. I'm still in Indiana about a 100 miles south of Goshen. I gotta go back up there on the 26th to get some work done. I probably won't get out of Indy until early October. Anyway, thanks for caring. Enjoy your travels. CUWHENICU................Mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

We are currently sitting on the banks of the Columbia River just south of Wenatchee (Crescent Bend). The sun is out, wind is blowing (really whistles down the gorge), in the mid 70s. I know fall is just around the corner, but this is nice. We have a couple of more weeks before we can get the coach in to the factory and have the slide removed and new pads installed. After that (above October 15th) we are heading south. Expect to be at TreeTops in Arlington for Christmas - if people are going to be in the DFW area, we'll do another get together like last year.

Joe & Nancy Liston just had to rub it in - they have surpassed us in the number of caches found! I think Joe has found his passion. icon_biggrin.gif We hope to see them in Florida in February.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are at the Wolf Creek National Fish Hatchery on Lake Cumbrerland. That's about 9 miles south of Jamestown, KY. We will be leaving here the week before Thanksgiving and head to Mississippi for about a month. Well realy more like 4 months since we will be in Natchez for the first three months of 2008 at the National Histroical Park there. Assof right now we plan on being in Arlington for Christmas. Both my wifes mother and sister live there. Maybe we can have another get together.

Wendell

Hi Barb & Dave and Wendell & MaeDean. . .just wanted to let you guys know that we called Tree Tops in Arlington to ask about a two month stay from Oct.20 to Dec. 21; and, they have a waiting list...nothing currently available. Also, they are charging $465 a month plus electricity. Their electricity for our 30 ft. trailer was out of sight last year...$90 for one month!!!!! icon_mad.gif We think they had some of the park's outdoor Christmas decorations plugged into our site; but, they said the reading was mostly all ours (they grudgingly credited us $5)! That being said, we have reservations at Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield...no trees; but, it's $350 per month; and, electricity was about $30+ for a month. And, it's only a little way farther from our daughter's house. We are hoping Jeff will be turned loose from the VA by no later than Oct. 15th. We'll see you guys wherever you land.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Can anyone recommend a repellant for the biting black flies? We would enjoy the beach without their attacking us and the dogs!

Gordon and Vern,

Thanks to Vern and Sue’s recommendation, we are camped at Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat'l Park in Northwest MI through Sunday night. On Monday, we start a two-night stay in Mackinaw City, hoping to see as far north as Sault Ste Marie from this base camp. Then on to Newberry and a PA park for Wednesday so we can visit Seney NWR and the upper falls, as we might want to volunteer up this way next year. We are planning Thurs-Sunday in Ishpeming, MI as a base to see the sights including the Pictured Rocks boat cruise. Gordon, are you and Juanita planning to stay at the PA park in Ishpeming? The leaves are about twenty percent color here and really quite lovely.

Steve,

We are in NW Michigan and it is still a busy time of year here as the anglers are chasing the salmon. We had a couple give us a white king salmon and even filleted it up for us. I fried some last night, it was much milder than we expected. The sites at the Natl park are huge and with the golden age pass only $13 a night with E. We chose not to make reservation so had to stay a night in dry camp loop and then transfer into a loop with electric. This area is beautiful with loads of day trips just 30 minutes away so we are staying four days

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Diana and John,

We will arrive at the Country Village Park in Ishpeming on Wednesday for a two night stay before driving on down to Traverse City. I'm not sure when we will arrive but it is only about 130 miles from Union Bay in the Porcupine Mtns Wilderness State Park so we should get in by early afternoon I'm sure.

If you are around, just look for our Sunnybrook 5th wheel behind a black (muddy) one ton Chevy. We hope to see you there. icon_smile.gif

Hi everyone, we are enjoying our time in New Hampshire especially with the colorful fall trees. Thursday we really enjoyed the van tour on the Mt. Washington Auto Road. However, we will be leaving here next Monday heading to northern Vermont and Canada (Montreal). Anyone have campground suggestions for these areas?

So has there been a conscientious if we are getting together this year? Shelly and I will be heading back across the country toward AZ in early-mid November. We would really enjoy seeing everyone again and exchanging stories about being on the road! Can't believe it but next week we will have been in our coach for a year!

Hope all is well!

Loving Life,

Bobby and Shelly Evans

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Went to leave Hamilton, WA Sept 10 for eastern WA, but bedroom slide would not retract. RV tech, after checking around, said two weeks to get new part. Mfg not currently making part so have to wait until they can get things tooled up. So ordered mail to come over. Next day RV tech said let’s try something and it worked, so then we have to wait for mail. Mail gets sidetracked, one day longer than anticipated. So we move down to Sedro-Woolley, WA and stay in friend’s back yard and plan to leave the 17th. Once in friends yard decide to do the upholstery job that the fabric was ordered for about 14 months ago. That gets done just last Thursday. So we will be leaving Sedro-Woolley on Monday the 24th. Spending two nights in Moses Lake, WA (Pier 4 Resort) then on to Clarkston, WA for a week. Catch and release steelhead season on the Clearwater and have a friend with a boat so will have three good days of that. Then on to Boise, ID for a week, granddaughters third birthday. Then east for ?.

Long range is to be in Stillwater, OK sometime around the end of Oct or first part of Nov. Then down to TX for Dec, perhaps a get together in Arlington? Then starting next year somewhere around McAllen, TX or elsewhere in the RGV for three months or? .

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Robert and Shelly,

Congrats on the one year mark! We hope to see you somewhere along the way but not sure when or where.

Dave and Diane,

We will keep an eye on your whereabouts when you reach the RGV. We will be in Harlingen from early December to early March before heading west again. Hope to see you again also.

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

icon_biggrin.gifHello Robert ans Shelly

icon_biggrin.gifHello Dave and Diane

So good to hear about you guys... icon_cool.gif

We're still in the Beautiful Bay Area of Northern CA...We will be here 'till around the first of the year...anyway that's the way it looks right now... icon_smile.gifPlesanton, to be exact...

Mike is working and making realy good $$$ so we will stay 'till the work runs out... icon_wink.gif

If any one is in the neighborhood...give us a holler...I have been known to even fix folks dinner in occasion...just give us a call... icon_smile.gif

If there is a reunion in TX or where ever, we will surely try to get there...would love to see everyone...and hear all the good, the better and the unusual of the first year on the road...our year was up on Septembet 3rd...we have been so blessed... and had a great year...and are really looking forward to the up-coming year...

Have a good evening all.......

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Hello everyone

We are in Troy, Ohio untill next week sometime. We are waiting on a part to fix the problem we have been having with the dash air. Yesterday I took the coach to get new tires put on. WOW I didn't need that expence!!! $2600 !! The trip to Alaska pretty much ate them up. We will be off to Georgia as soon as we get the dash air fixed. We are planning on being in Texas in January and would love to meet with the class if we can.

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Hello All, Some of y'all may know about this already but I just discovered there's this mapping program out there that can keep track of folks like us. I'm not sure how it works exactly yet but I have one in the making. If I can get it up (no comment, Ricky Dicky) I/we could set one up for the class. It appears to be very simple and you can even post your pic and a comment or two with your location pin. Best of all, it's free. Let me know what you all think about this. Lator Gators................

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Hi Everyone

Wow, can't believe that it is fall already. We have been in WA since the end of July. We just moved up to Black Diamond, WA until the 15th of Oct. Then, on the road again. We are really getting "hitch itch". Looking for the sun. icon_wink.gif

Hard to imagine we celebrated our first year on August 31st. It has been a fantastic experience!

We will probably be in the AZ area for the winter. We would love to get together with anyone who is around. It would be great to share experiences. Not sure if we will get as far a TX by January. icon_cool.gif

Hi Everyone,

Right now we're sitting in Leadville,Colorado, the highest city in the US at 10,212 feet. Highs in the mid-50's - lows in the high 20s. The views are well worth the lows at night. On to Grand Junction,CO. tomorrow..DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

P.S. Celebrated 2nd year on the road 9/08/07

Hello to all,

We celebrate our first year December 1st. Wow, has it flown by. We have really enjoyed getting to know so many of you; first at Q then at various locations across the country.

We have stopped for a month in Milton, Florida to visit our daughter and family before returning to Gainesville, FL for the winter. GO GATORS!! GO GATORS!! We have parents there in need of TLC, otherwise we would be joining the group in Arlington, TX.

We hope to head toward New England in the spring.

WOW, aren't we all so fortunate to have found this lifestyle??

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Thanks Joe and Nancy for not rubbing in that you have surpased the teachers in your geocaching quest! Just leave a few for us when we get to Florida after the New Year. Look forward to seeing you then!

We're heading up to Lake Chelan tomorrow and then down to the Columbia River Gorge near Portland for a few days. Hope to head SOUTH by October 15th - before winter arrives here.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hello all,

We have arrived at the Michigamme Shores Campground near Champion, Michigan, and will spend four nights at this Upper Peninsula location. It looks like the fall colors are just reaching their peak here with brilliant oranges, yellows, reds, and colors that defy description.

We are still planning on a southward trek at some point but are trying to avoid the heat and humidity. As long as the nice weather holds in this part of the country, we may just try to hang on up here. icon_cool.gif

We will keep an eye on all of your travels and hope to see some of you along the way.

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Archived