covid vaccination disclosure- ethics

hasti14

i'm in a bit of a quandary. recently ran into another escapee we've known for several years. after  4-5 days of visiting in our motorhome, it was disclosed that this person never got vaccinated for the virus. within days, we became ill and tested positive. we were pretty upset as we've been very careful. this person has a lot in one of the escapee parks that this person  is travelling to. my questions- should this person  notify the office that they are  not vaccinated?, and should i feel any responsibility to pass this info along or am i just a paranoid old fart? 

How can you be sure that you got sick from exposure to this one person? As long as you have been vaccinated, then you have done your best to prevent having severe covid consequences. Being ill is alot better result than the 1 mil+ covid victims that did not survive. There is no law that says other people have to be vaccinated, it's still a personal choice.

i agree everyone has a choice.  as far as where we got the virus- who knows. we've spent the last 3 months in the woods. not trying to create a frankenstein mob scene. but it does tick me off that we were caught unaware. it is our home and  it's our call to decide what happens inside it. 

7 minutes ago, hasti14 said:

but it does tick me off that we were caught unaware.

I would agree that it was wrong for them to visit you without discolsing that they have chosen not be be vaccinated, but I suspect that probably has happened to most of us but without our knowing, even afterward. As far are reporting it to the park office, I doubt that they keep track of such things so I wouldn't do that unless there was someone in that office who I knew well enough to discuss the issue privately and in confidence. Both my wife and I have had all of the shots so far, including the newest bivalent one but I also am aware of a couple of our neighbors who have had none at all and several others who have not been fully boosted. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

i will not contact the office. i just think it's a self-centered person who would not let others know so the other folks could decide on their own if they want to possibly expose themselves. it's not just the virus, but any kind of communicable diseases.

I simply require that anyone, other than me and Dave, entering our home wear a mask. Period. When workers need to enter I also wear a mask while they are here. In the meantime, I am still doing all my socializing online.

It's up to each person to determine what they are willing to risk. Now that I have had successful cancer surgery I may loosen up bit. Eventually. Maybe. I still have several co-morbidities so maybe not.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If you don’t want people in your home who haven’t been vaccinated then ask them before you let them in.  It i# your home and your choice.  If they choose not to answer then you don’t have to let them in.  Personally, I could care less if someone has been vaccinated or not.  I am responsible for me and no one else.  If I want to be cautious and take precautions, it is my responsibility.  I can’t control what other people do.  Obviously if someone is outwardly/obviously ill, then I will avoid them.  If they are not obviously ill and I am comfortable with them then whatever happens happens.  I am out in public settings all the time and have no idea who has or has not been vaccinated.  I also have customers coming to my property regularly and I am in and out of their rigs the entire time they are here.  I take basic precautions and live my life.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

I simply require that anyone, other than me and Dave, entering our home wear a mask. Period. When workers need to enter I also wear a mask while they are here. In the meantime, I am still doing all my socializing online.

Interesting approach. We have neighbors that she immunocompromised and they do pretty much the same as you, except that they do allow those of us who they know are fully vaccinated including flu to enter without a mask. We are a bit more selective about who visits our home but we are fully vaccinated so we don't wear masks or ask others to do so in our home and we have pretty much returned to our pre-covid socail lifestyle but we have moved more of our social activities outside. We only mask when in crowded places and for those occasions we wear KN95 masks for better protection. We mostly avoid large crowds, but we did that before.

6 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I take basic precautions and live my life.

I think that is what we all must do based on what we are comfortable with. For most of us, age and health play a part in just where we draw the line. The very young and the older of us are the most at risk, along with the immunocompromised. 

If you have not read it, the CDC has some interesting information about ways to deal with our current situation.    How to Protect Yourself and Others

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I live in a small seniors complex where we get weekly reports of how many new cases have presented in the last week. Since this began it had been rare, maybe only once, that we have had no new cases. I still feel vulnerable but not as much as I used to do. I wish I knew if everyone here received all the vaccines but, of course, they don't publish those numbers--only the ones for new cases. I suspect that, until the zero weeks outnumber the others, I will continue to be cautious.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

18 hours ago, hasti14 said:

i agree everyone has a choice.  as far as where we got the virus- who knows. we've spent the last 3 months in the woods. not trying to create a frankenstein mob scene. but it does tick me off that we were caught unaware. it is our home and  it's our call to decide what happens inside it. 

It's our home, and when we have invited visitors we wear a mask, use hand sanitizer frequently, and spray every hard surface after they leave. If someone shows up unannounced, suddely we are too busy for visitors, I'm ill or some other excuse.

I cannot, nor do I wish to control others, but I do have control over myself.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

It's your house, you set the rules. However you should pay attention to all the information available to you. Recently Rachel Walenski AND a Pfizer representative to the EU said that the covid vax never stopped transmission of covid. If you think it will protect you, get the vax, but don't run your life on the assumption that it is a magick elixir.