RV Road Service

GWilson

Had Good Sams years ago. Then was dropped by them after an expensive tow.  Parked the fithwheel as a second home for a decade, and just sold it.  Just bought a new to us 2004 Coachman Concord.  Have AAA of Alabama for other three vehicles, but open to other recommendations.

I suggest reading up on AAA road service before relying on the company. Just run a search for AAA and RV service. AAA also has districts that set their own rules.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 3 weeks later...

I'm less than happy with Escapees road service. We had a tire problem in Savannah. Big city, not East Overshoe, ME. My lower back was telling me someone else should handle the spare. I contacted Escapees roadside at 9:00 am. At 3:00 pm they still had not located anyone to service it. At 4:00 pm we were told someone would be there in an hour. At 4:30 pm got a call from a company hired to do it. When they found out the RV weighed 8 tons they said they weren't getting paid enough. At 7:30 pm someone finally showed up. The company roadside company escapees uses had just hired him to do the job. Fortunately we were in a RV park. If I'd been sitting next to I-95 for ten hours I would be far less happy. I am looking at alternatives.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

9 minutes ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

I'm less than happy with Escapees road service.

Call the business office on Monday and report it as there have been some issues with SafeRide who is the service Escapees contracts with. They need to know. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just returned from a 8000 mile motorcycle ride (Run For The Wall) and had to use Escapees Road service twice for the same issue - a defective valve stem.  First time was a Sunday in Lusk, WY.  Called Escapees Road Service number and had the Harley on a rollback within an hour and headed to Casper, WY (100 miles).  Dropped the bike at a motel and waited for Monday to arrive.  Would you believe NO ONE available in Casper to replace a valve stem on a Harley on Monday!  Called ahead to Riverton (120 miles) and found Wild West Powersport who said they could and would repair if we got the bike to them.  Called Escapees Roadside assistance AGAIN and they had arranged a trailer to haul the bike within an hour.  Unfortunately, it took nearly three hours for the trailer to arrive.  We did make it to Riverton in time (4:30PM) to have it repaired.

Kudos to both Escapees Roadside assistance AND Wild West!  Could have been quicker but that was not the fault of Escapees.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

I suspect virtually all delays between calling the ERS and help arriving is due to the requirement from management to locate the cheapest priced provider before dispatching one.

It's not just one ERS company, it's all.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

7 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I suspect virtually all delays between calling the ERS and help arriving is due to the requirement from management to locate the cheapest priced provider before dispatching one.

While I don't have any inside information about SafeRide, I do know that most road service companies maintain lists of providers who accept payment from them at previously contracted rates. Sometimes the arrival of help is delayed because they have no provider nearby and so the help travels a long distance. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Years ago we had a totally different system that had policy of waiting an hour before sending help because so many people were getting free help before the service people arrived. It happened to us with a dead battery--a stranger offered to jump our battery which was enough to get us to a place that sells batteries so we canceled the service call.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We have Coachnet; they proved their value to us in 2019 when we were stuck in axle-deep mud on Canada Day in a rural corner of Prince Edward Island.   The owner of the RV park suggested the name of a local heavy wrecker and we were extracted from the mud in less than 2 hours!  After that I'll be a Coachnet user for life!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On 6/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, docj said:

We have Coachnet; they proved their value to us in 2019 when we were stuck in axle-deep mud on Canada Day in a rural corner of Prince Edward Island.   The owner of the RV park suggested the name of a local heavy wrecker and we were extracted from the mud in less than 2 hours!  After that I'll be a Coachnet user for life!

Off-roading in your Beaver, that a new twist to RVing.

I have said it before, Coach net is not always smooth but the outcome has been good and that is what counts based on my experience.  I remained calm in all cases even with some aggravation by remembering I may be dealing with a newer or more inexperienced "dispatcher ?" and they can not  control what resources are available at any given time. I will be sticking with them for the for the future.

All of the road services contract to pretty much the same base of providers and they are going to go with the cheapest.  The providers will always pick a better paying call than the cheap one.  Afterall, they are in the business to make a profit.  You are also subject to the amount of traffic the call centers are getting.  On a holiday weekend with lots of travelers on the road, they will have more calls to respond to, so there will be longer waits for a response.

I have had quick responses from GS ERS and slow and poor from them as well.  When we had Coachnet, they were usually pretty good.  GS ERS tends to get generally poor overall ratings, due to poor operator response and long wait times.

So it is just pick your poison and run with it.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot