NPFA 1192

packnrat

the new ed is out, any way escapees can get a discount for members? as the cost in some sites has it over $100.USD. amazon has a "well torn up" for $65.USD.

also a ansi/rvia low voltage for rv book. $50.USD

maybe even a npfa 70 nat electric codes? $150.USD up to $250,USD pending binding.

all three books will help those of us building, rebuilding, just fixing problems in our rv 's.

none of these books tell you what to do, they just let you know how to do it the safe way.

Most NFPA codes and standards, including 70 and 1192, are available for reading online at no cost. You will need to set up a free account:

https://www.nfpa.org/Codes-and-Standards/All-Codes-and-Standards/Free-access

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

5 hours ago, packnrat said:

i like paper. as the web is not always available or convent.

Ok, so your available options appear to be to pay the going prices or look up items online as questions arise. NFPA members get 10% off if that helps...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

i may lose my med card this year, my bp numbers are not the same as a 16 year old athlete. i am 62 in poor health.

if i lose my med cert, i lose my job and will be forced into bankruptcy, and early retirement. and lose everything except a broken truck (20K for a new motor). and my rv. no place to store all my junk till i can off load it. so i will not worry about any regs from the government.

37 minutes ago, packnrat said:

i may lose my med card this year, my bp numbers are not the same as a 16 year old athlete. i am 62 in poor health.

if i lose my med cert, i lose my job and will be forced into bankruptcy, and early retirement. and lose everything except a broken truck (20K for a new motor). and my rv. no place to store all my junk till i can off load it. so i will not worry about any regs from the government.

Are you just now dealing with BP issues? I've been on BP meds since I was fifty and still pass my annual physical twenty plus years later. It's not a big deal. Just needs proper management. Jay

1 hour ago, packnrat said:

been on the drugs for some time now, but of late even with the drugs i am pushing 200 over 90 of late. lots of stress right now. but the dot does not care.

and all my "other" numbers are good. even my psa.

You really need to see another doctor.  That is serious blood pressure.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

A blood pressure reading of 200/90 indicates a Hypertensive Crisis. You need to seek medical attention ASAP. 

I stopped at a fire station one time to get a free blood pressure reading not quite as high as yours. I scared the firemen. They determined how far I was from home before they let me drive there with instructions to call my doctor immediately on arriving. The doctor sent me to a busy emergency room where they triaged me as second in line behind a baby. I guess I scared them, too. Get someone to drive you to the emergency room NOW!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

tonight it was 189 over 87.

i may have a kaiser plan, but i can not afford to get stuck in a hospital. need to care for my mom. but i do have a Dr appt this wed.

went through a lot of tissue as i had to keep blowing my nose. after a bit i looked at it and it was blood. get bloody noses every month or two. my Dr says not cause of the bp.

Edited by packnrat

well just now.

i have been looking at homes on line (west Virginia), just now 11:pm 200/91/54. about to fall asleep. but need to stay up due to i work the over night hrs. but on my weekend now.

am i doing the arm thing right? is it correct? it is a new one, as the old one was cutting my arm off. the strap kept slipping to one side of the loop and the unit keep airing up. this one is rounded formed so no "strap" to slip.

10 hours ago, packnrat said:

well just now.

i have been looking at homes on line (west Virginia), just now 11:pm 200/91/54. about to fall asleep. but need to stay up due to i work the over night hrs. but on my weekend now.

am i doing the arm thing right? is it correct? it is a new one, as the old one was cutting my arm off. the strap kept slipping to one side of the loop and the unit keep airing up. this one is rounded formed so no "strap" to slip.

So it sounds like you're using a BP monitor at home.  They can be unreliable.  In our area there are public facilities that will take your BP free.  Check some out.  However, you still need to get to a doctor now that you have a bloody nose.  When was the last time you went to a doctor?  What was your BP at that time?  I just wouldn't fool around with this.  Yes, it could be your home monitor but why take a chance?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

i see my Dr in less than 24 hrs. no same day, heck no same week.  with kaiser. the emg room cost's $100.usd. can not afford to go see a Dr out of plan on my own.  i made this appt at least a week back, so on it.

my Dr knows about the "odd" bloody nose. says not bp problem. as they do not happen often. and they are not bad. just not fun. the body should not leak.

last time there? about a month back. as to public facilities? here in ca only money works. and it is in very short supply for me.

when i go in, my bp numbers are high. thus all the drugs i have to buy. and yes i see him every month or two. just wish his office was closer, cost's $$ + plus couple hr's drive, to go see him. (i live in the hills, not a city).

and when i woke up this am. 188/89/62 right out of bed. and yes i will take the new arm tester in with me.

no i do not want to die, but do not care if it happens. (one has no say in this)  a good 10 times in my life i should have been dead, so i figure i am on extended time.

i owe so much, to many creditors, so if nothing else i get the last laugh on them. serve's them right for jacking up the %rate to 39.99%.

well as of today's Dr visit, my bp was 178/82/62. ( there machine ) and i am getting fat now up to 231 pounds. and here it was i thought i had lost some weight.

my Dr gave me a new drug. it is a patch thing. in a week or so the blood testing should be done. they took six tubes of blood.

have not used my home unit yet, but sounds like it is a bad unit.

and he said the nose bleed was due to a dry nose, allergy thing.