NPFA 1192

packnrat

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Drugs and Supplements   from the Mayo Clinic

Clonidine (Transdermal Route)

yes that paper was given to me with the drug.

the drugs the Drs give us these days sound far worse the the ailment.

but i see on your "listing" you were one of those who climbed down into a tin-can and went under water.

My hat is double off for you. Thank You for your service.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, 2gypsies said:

So it sounds like you're using a BP monitor at home.  They can be unreliable.

I would like to add to this. SOME home BP monitors can be unreliable but most are very reliable and accurate which is the most critical. My cardiologist stresses home BP monitoring as it is the best way to get an accurate picture of BP at various times of day and circumstances. I take my unit the doctor's office periodically and they calibrate it against both automatic and manual systems.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I would like to add to this. SOME home BP monitors can be unreliable but most are very reliable and accurate which is the most critical. My cardiologist stresses home BP monitoring as it is the best way to get an accurate picture of BP at various times of day and circumstances. I take my unit the doctor's office periodically and they calibrate it against both automatic and manual systems.

Same here, wore out the first one, now on the 2nd and never had had a issue in 15 years.  

38 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

My cardiologist stresses home BP monitoring as it is the best way to get an accurate picture of BP at various times of day and circumstances. I take my unit the doctor's office periodically and they calibrate it against both automatic and manual systems.

Also true for Pam who is medicated for high blood pressure. He doctor has her check B/P in both arms every day about the same time of day. She keeps a log of the daily readings and she took her B/P device with her to the doctor and they checked it against the instruments that they use. She was told that hers is within about 2% which is ample for record purposes. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My BP was in the same range as yours, everyone got excited about it but me. Then my family DR. explained the consequences and my BP went higher. An hour later I was on 3 different BP meds. and a salt-free diet. My heart Dr told me now to watch my heart rate, if it goes under 50 to go to the ER. I've already had 1 open heart surgery and bypass surgery.

Don't fool around with this, get medical attention NOW, finances are not important at this point. Look for free medical clinics nearby.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I have been taking the drugs for years now. i think this patch makes the sixth or seventh one i have had to buy.

I have never been a salt person. i do not add salt to ANYTHING. i gag on the stuff.

I have a full boat kaiser plan. (a very good one, i have been told).

as to food...i am a truck driver. been brown bagging for decades. not really a fan of fast foods, i see my mom once a week. and she likes to go to dennys for lunch. only one thing good i can say about them. is you always know the "level" of food you get.

my main stay of food at work is either a deli sandwich (i know bad food there) or home baked chicken. i just get sick of chicken at times. some spices... But No salt.

i have not found anything online showing any peer review study proving salt is bad for me. anyone got a link?

yes i need to drop some poundage. but my back says no more walking. just trying to work around in the yard is painful, so not much gets done. good ol aurther. 

my leg was crushed 40 years back, (sweated having it cut off for 9 months, no bone growth) but it came back a great 99.5%, i was 21 then. aurther got me by age 30.  lung problems by age 45, a cancer hacked out of me by 49, I am now 62.

driving down the hwy's, i have been shot at two time i know of, had most everything from fruit to large chunks of concrete thrown/dropped into the rig while driving.

while out having fun. banged up. patched up. fallen down a very steep hill (with rocks). even had my head reattached.

I truly have been screwed, glued, stapled, stitched, bandaged. been on the table a good six or is it seven? i forget now.

well here is news for the web Drs out there. yes my home bp machine is reading way high.

but the kaiser nurse today took a reading over 180/? /62.

this new drug  (a patch)  kills me, at times it is all i can do to stay awake.

and i did a rub cut pealed a chunk of skin almost off my lower arm.  bled like crazy (for me that is), pre-drugs i had to make cuts bleed.

today's visit was more like a wast of time and fuel. back to see them in another week.

9 hours ago, packnrat said:

but the kaiser nurse today took a reading over 180/? /62

What about your CDL physical? Isn't it critical to keep your BP down?

Did you know…

the results of a DOT physical will either qualify or disqualify drivers from acquiring or renewing a CDL. The Department of Transportation requires that all drivers be capable of:

Blood pressure at or below 140/90, or 180/110 with certification restrictions

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

What about your CDL physical? Isn't it critical to keep your BP down?

Did you know…

the results of a DOT physical will either qualify or disqualify drivers from acquiring or renewing a CDL. The Department of Transportation requires that all drivers be capable of:

Blood pressure at or below 140/90, or 180/110 with certification restrictions

that is coming in a X number of months. it gets done every 11 months. (should be done by a birth date... but we are talking about a government agency here).  i forget the month this year but believe around aug. maybe july.

no real printed card now, so just not printed on something in my wallet. i get to wait till the dmv sends me a notice.

but the drugs the DR's keep selling me do not work to cut stress in ones life.

sure i now bleed easily.  a scrape on my arm this past week. bled a lot, used to be i had to make a cut bleed.

nose bleeds at random. Dr say's not do to bp pressure but, allergy's.

i use the c-crap machine. only good i see in it is great for sleep at high alt, or when it is very cold, i can pull the blankets over my head.

exercise is for people with money and free time.  and a body that is not broken.  i used to ride bicycles a lot. even walk a good deal (15 + miles was nothing). now no way.

heck even the shooting ranges around here are closed down (for varied reasons).

Sorry about your medical issues, but I wanted to address your 39.99% loan interest. Credit cards?

I wound up living on credit cards for about 2 years after my divorce since I was in no shape to hold down a job.  Once I did get one, I received a couple of "zero interest for a year on balance transfers" credit card offers.  I was able to transfer my high interest credit card debt to these, then did the same thing on another offer a year later.  Not accumulating further interest for two years let me retire the debt I accumulated. 

The trick is don't use those cards for anything else, the trap is if you do your payments go towards retiring the zero interest part while what you purchased remains unpaid and continues drawing high interest.

Edited by Lou Schneider