record December snow in Sierras

agesilaus

Here's a madman theory on why we are warming more now than past decades.

From 1944 to 1963, 528 nuclear + 2 famous explosions, took place above ground. Millions of pounds of dust was thrust into the atmosphere at all levels.  The dust is and has been slowly settling allowing for more uv sunlight to reach thru to the earths surface returning us to a warmer state.  Same effect as a nuclear winter they all warned us about, or the effect that we see after a major volcanic explosion. This nuclear effect can be traced but is rarely mentioned.

Another issue that may be farfetched, is all the cloud seeding countries are doing.  Last year China seeded an additional 5 MILLION square miles.  They had devasting flooding.. On the other side of the globe we had drought. Coincidence maybe, but common sense says you can't wring out the atmosphere over one land mass and expect it to rain over another. 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I hope that our grandchildren don't find themselves in 50 or so years, looking back wondering why their parents and grandparents didn't seem to care if they would be able to survive with a lifestyle approaching ours.

I hope that future generations will decide they don't want our excessive lifestyles. Minimalism rules!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

30 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I hope that future generations will decide they don't want our excessive lifestyles. Minimalism rules!

Linda

The population of the world has increased by a great many billions during my lifetime.  That increase has not slowed and the world population continues to increase at a high rate.  In addition the vast majority of the world's inhabitants are living a meager lifestyle and striving to reach some semblance of first world lifestyle.  

That might give some indication of what is likely to occur over the next few decades and it will not be minimalism, but more and more consumption of resources at a rate the world has never seen.

You can't expect change when the biggest offenders are doing squat. Change? Yes for sure. But it's how we change that matters. And killing off some economies while others benefit isn't something I want to explain to my great grand children.

Take the politics and hypocrisy out of the debate and we may achieve something. Calling each other names because we have different views is childish. But that seems the way of the world nowadays.

The UK waves it's green credentials while propping up it's economy from the fossil fuels in the north sea. Just one of many many many examples of how SELECTIVE facts get in the way of REAL facts.

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Please keep in mind that political posts are not allowed on these forums. A friendly debate on science is fine but you need to keep the political comments out of it. Be nice to each other.

I have read nothing political. Not read any insults either. I mentioned AL Gore but he is the one who brought climate change to notice 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I do wish more people had taken some basic physical science/earth science classes.

6 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Here's a madman theory on why we are warming more now than past decades…..

Clearly you don’t understand the difference between dust block8ng sunlight and increased CO2 leading to warmer oceans temperatures, which leads to more energy in the environment, more chaotic weather, shidfts, etc.

6 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Scientists get paid just like everyone else.

One only wishes …

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

How true.  We just bought a new home and are trying to figure out why we still had so much stuff we really don’t need.  And we have cleaned out every year!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barbraok talking down to someone doesn't help. Because you believe in one scientific theory doesn't mean the other theory is wrong. If all the 'science' out there was the same we wouldn't be having this debate. The fact is that there are numerous theories and beliefs. We need to respect the fact that folks are entitled to their beliefs. Telling someone they "Clearly don't understand" doesn't help.

18 minutes ago, Danfreda1 said:

Why is this even being discussed on an “RV” forum? 

I’m with you guys. The forums are turning away from RV’s and advocating social and financial platforms more and more.  Looking forward to seeing you again in Quartzsite in a couple weeks.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

22 hours ago, JimK said:

Again, look at the facts instead of parroting popular opinion.

Snowfall records since 1900 don't even begin to qualify as a second cousin of "the facts."  In terms of climate time frames relying on records for 121 years are like looking out of the window to predict the weather six months from now.  Take a look at ice cores over 400,000 years "for facts" about greenhouse gas levels and climate change.  For information about ice cores look as the National Science Foundation's Ice Core Facility website.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

11 hours ago, Tahoe Shark said:

I’m with you guys. The forums are turning away from RV’s and advocating social and financial platforms more and more.  Looking forward to seeing you again in Quartzsite in a couple weeks.

Maybe the discussion will lead people to better understand how climate changes affect where they will spend their time when RVing, such as getting away from the heat by going to the PNW only to end up in  a heat bomb with tem peratures hotter than Mesa, AZ in June!      Or why wine growers in Southern Oregon are introducing bigger reds that once were only grown further south in California because of high temperatures.    Or why increasing ocean temperatures leads to more frequent and more violent summer into fall storms throughout the midwest - something no one in an RV wants to be caught in!  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Kirk W locked this topic