Travel Weather App or Website?

LindaH

What I'm looking for is an app or a website where I can put in my beginning point and end point for that day's travel and get weather along that route.  I vaguely seem to remember such a website, but can't find anything like that now.  Anyone know if such an animal exists?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I don't know of such a site .

Using your preferred weather forecast site :

Simply look at the weather for where you are currently .

Then input the place you intend being .

Then look at the national > regional > local radar for both places .

That 'system' has done us nicely for that last 10 years and only takes a couple minutes . 

Goes around , comes around .

We use the app WeatherBug for just that purpose.  I can set in points along my entire trip and know in advance what to expect when we arrive at each one.  It helps me know when to pull off the road to prevent going through a heavy storm and also how early I need to arrive at our next stop to avoid bad weather.  The only negative is that sometimes a pop up storm doesn't give you much advanced warning.

Windy gives a map overview of an area, and includes a wind/weather prediction component. We use it to predict mountain pass weather in shoulder season.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Check out https://oss.weathershare.org/?clat=42.1853&clng=-122.09725&zoom=8  to see if it meets your requirements. 

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Thanks for all the information!

I'll check out WeatherBug and WeatherShare to see if they're what I'm looking for.  I actually have Windy on my computer, but can't figure it out.  I see where it shows wind direction, but haven't seen where it shows wind speed or weather along our path.  In fact, I haven't seen where I can put in a start and end point.  Guess I just need to spend more time exploring it.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

On Windy, you will see three bars in the bottom right hand corner. On the top bar, click on the cloud symbol, it will say weather forecast. Then click on any city along your route. The weather info will show at the bottom. Hope this helps. We use Windy a lot. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

8 hours ago, chuckbear said:

On Windy, you will see three bars in the bottom right hand corner. On the top bar, click on the cloud symbol, it will say weather forecast. Then click on any city along your route. The weather info will show at the bottom. Hope this helps. We use Windy a lot. Chuck

Thanks, Chuck.  That helps a lot!  

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

On 11/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, LindaH said:

Thanks, Chuck.  That helps a lot!  

It seems windy must have been thinking "Let's give Linda what she really wants". When I opened Windy this morning it asked me if I wanted to try out their new trip planning feature. Click on three bars top left, then choose distance and planning. Next, select the waypoints you want and then at the bottom choose the mode of transportation.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

It seems windy must have been thinking "Let's give Linda what she really wants". When I opened Windy this morning it asked me if I wanted to try out their new trip planning feature. Click on three bars top left, then choose distance and planning. Next, select the waypoints you want and then at the bottom choose the mode of transportation.

Wow, it even gives elevations along the route!  

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

7 hours ago, Chalkie said:

This sound interesting.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, Chalkie said:

Which version of Windy are you using? PC? Phone? Pro? Premium?

1st Time RVer 2018 Montana 3791RD, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW