Facebook

Wrknrvr

Facebook?           I know several people want me to join the Facebook group. Sometime back I did register with Facebook. I just never got involved with anything on Facebook.

I have though the years have needed to answer my phone for my rv repair business at night and on weekends. That has been enough as I do want some free time. Also when I stay in rv parks and people find I work on rv’s they like to visit while I am doing my own stuff.

Lately I have enjoyed not being busy with work from the virus. And nobody knows where we are hiding. Not even the fish.

I will be on this forum,    Vern

Sounds like a good plan you've there, Vern. I'm somewhat similar except that, if I get a call I don't recognize, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's a legitimate call, the caller will leave a message which I will return. Otherwise, said number gets added to my "Blocked Number" list. I'd say that over a 100 phone calls, about 90 of them are BS. Being "old school", I RARELY "do" texts (it's a phone; CALL ME!)

20 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

Sounds like a good plan you've there, Vern. I'm somewhat similar except that, if I get a call I don't recognize, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's a legitimate call, the caller will leave a message which I will return. Otherwise, said number gets added to my "Blocked Number" list. I'd say that over a 100 phone calls, about 90 of them are BS. Being "old school", I RARELY "do" texts (it's a phone; CALL ME!)

Seconding the good plan and the rest. I have 250 texts a month only. Every new job I take I have to tell them to not text me about a dozen times before they stop. I answer none of them and two text's from the same number gets blocked. My Children and certain very close friends are the only one's not blocked. I do have to do an occasional reminder to send an email or call. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

9 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

And nobody knows where we are hiding. Not even the fish.

Hehehe -- hold my beer.

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, drewaver said:

Why do you need to download Facebook? Now everyone is downloading Instagram.

I know it's hard to believe but there are some (us) who don't do any of that stuff.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I usually just refer people on Facebook to contact you here on the Escappees forum. By the way, I have not downloaded the Facebook app, I just use the website. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, jkoenig24 said:

Sounds like a good plan you've there, Vern. I'm somewhat similar except that, if I get a call I don't recognize, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's a legitimate call, the caller will leave a message which I will return. Otherwise, said number gets added to my "Blocked Number" list. I'd say that over a 100 phone calls, about 90 of them are BS. unidentBeing "old school", I RARELY "do" texts (it's a phone; CALL ME!)

I'm right there with you on the un

We picked up good phones, and put them on an inexpensive carrier.  We have sufficient coverage, unlimited calls, text and internet for $40 a month per phone.

Metro PCS.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

I actually hate phones.  "Social Media" does nothing for me.  But - I admit there are some phone Apps that do make my hobbies and car/truck interest easier.  I more often than not leave my iPhone on my dresser all day and take a quick look before going to bed.  If it were not for the safety of my wife, kids and grandchildren and using WYZE on the road I doubt that I would own one.  It got so bad at family gatherings several years ago that I would unplug my internet to discourage "phone" usage (Never give visiting family your wifi password!).  The next step was "park it at the door" or leave, which actually made family gatherings enjoyable again.  Texting on a "smart phone" has always amused me - perhaps through my obsession and activity with Radio Teletype on Ham Radio frequencies in the late 60's and 70's.  I used surplus military and Western Union behemoths with more clicks and clacks than an old freight train.  I still have some absolutely fantastic ASCII art done with nothing more than keyboard characters on rolls of yellowed newsprint.  I really loved RTTY.  Facebook offers me nothing other than a occasional car part or tool find on For Sale groups when eBay fails me.  I am not ashamed to admit I have never Twittered, Instagram(ed) or Tic Tok(ed).  Before I retired I spent more time on the phone freely answering questions than actually doing work that I could get paid for.  I'm with Vern all the way except I spend too much time fishing and not enough catching.  Maybe he will give in and let us know where the fish are biting.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

18 hours ago, RandyA said:

I actually hate phones.  "Social Media" does nothing for me.  But - I admit there are some phone Apps that do make my hobbies and car/truck interest easier.  I more often than not leave my iPhone on my dresser all day and take a quick look before going to bed.  If it were not for the safety of my wife, kids and grandchildren and using WYZE on the road I doubt that I would own one.  It got so bad at family gatherings several years ago that I would unplug my internet to discourage "phone" usage (Never give visiting family your wifi password!).  The next step was "park it at the door" or leave, which actually made family gatherings enjoyable again.  Texting on a "smart phone" has always amused me - perhaps through my obsession and activity with Radio Teletype on Ham Radio frequencies in the late 60's and 70's.  I used surplus military and Western Union behemoths with more clicks and clacks than an old freight train.  I still have some absolutely fantastic ASCII art done with nothing more than keyboard characters on rolls of yellowed newsprint.  I really loved RTTY.  Facebook offers me nothing other than a occasional car part or tool find on For Sale groups when eBay fails me.  I am not ashamed to admit I have never Twittered, Instagram(ed) or Tic Tok(ed).  Before I retired I spent more time on the phone freely answering questions than actually doing work that I could get paid for.  I'm with Vern all the way except I spend too much time fishing and not enough catching.  Maybe he will give in and let us know where the fish are biting.

Isn't this forum social media?