Big 5er

cactus

He’s still around, but I haven’t seen him post here much since he retired.  I do see him on Facebook quite a bit though.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Did I hear someone say "Dr. Pepper"? :)

Hi yall, I'm still around....just not here a lot. After I retired I had a trucking company call and ask me to come do their driver training and DOT compliance work. They made me a sweet deal, too sweet to pass up, so I went back to work....for a while. I'm traveling a little for work, some in my rig, some in those pet friendly hotels. Its nice working for someone that takes care of their employees for a change...and I'm dealing with a lot fewer idiots.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Howdy Phil,

As they say down under, "Good on ya mate."  Glad to hear your doing well.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 hours ago, GlennWest said:

a company that appreciate you is rare item these days

I work in an industry where pricing is by piece or unit.  As I am now in my 60s, I dont get the same shot at the work as younger crews, as this is a grind and faster makes more profit, BUT, when something goes wrong or they dont know how to fix or apply a solution, who do they call.  The 60something.  Reminds me of the man who fixed the engine on the ship, his bill showed:

Tapping with a hammer- $2

Knowing where to tap- $9,998

Marcel

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Congratulations Phil. Yes, a company that appreciate you is rare item these days. I sure miss it.

Yeah, Glenn they never cease to amaze me. I'm not used to spending other peoples money....but I'm liking it.

5 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Phil,

As they say down under, "Good on ya mate."  Glad to hear your doing well.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Hope y'all are well too. I really didn't want to go back to work, but this is letting me build a decent "oh shit" account...quickly.

3 hours ago, solo318 said:

Glad to hear you are still alive and well. I thought about posting something controversial like "not for hire" decals to rattle your cage. :)

Hey, not my job anymore LOL
And I have figured out there are people that want to pay for my opinion. And when I say "it's like this" they never argue :)

2 hours ago, cactus said:

Good to hear you are well and busy

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to say hello in Hutch.

Thanks for the shout out. It's kinda nice to be missed and thought about.
I'm not sure I am gonna make Hutch this year...I may be going east. What about you??

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

Yeah, Glenn they never cease to amaze me. I'm not used to spending other peoples money....but I'm liking it.

Thanks Dave. Hope y'all are well too. I really didn't want to go back to work, but this is letting me build a decent "oh shit" account...quickly.

Hey, not my job anymore LOL
And I have figured out there are people that want to pay for my opinion. And when I say "it's like this" they never argue :)

Thanks for the shout out. It's kinda nice to be missed and thought about.
I'm not sure I am gonna make Hutch this year...I may be going east. What about you??

The "Q" for us as its close enough to visit Kali Family and Eastern friends in Mesa -Phoenix

Lungs seem to work better than SLC. No new Pepper bottles but always on the lookout.

Best wishes

Phil, glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying let's say a semi-retirement, I once had someone tell me NOT to look for work after I retired....it will find you and IF you want it it's yours. Enjoy building the oh crap fund!!!! Let us know where in the east as plenty of HDT folks here as well

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

On 6/9/2020 at 10:42 PM, cactus said:

The "Q" for us as its close enough to visit Kali Family and Eastern friends in Mesa -Phoenix

Lungs seem to work better than SLC. No new Pepper bottles but always on the lookout.

Best wishes

Glad you are well. My DP bottle is still prominently displayed in its position of honor. Thank You. 

dblr, thanks :)  this really was "too good" to pass up. So, I guess I am flunking retirement.  I'll let you know before I head east...looking at a DRV rally in Dandridge, TN...in Oct.

2014 smart Fortwo

Hi Phil, I’m glad to read the latest and see you are doing well.  Congrats!  I am heading down the retirement road this year.

Edited by Sculptor

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

On 6/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, Big5er said:

WHAT!?  No way. You need to come, Danielle and Keyah will miss you.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 6/13/2020 at 5:00 AM, Sculptor said:

Hi Phil, I’m glad to read the latest and see you are doing well.  Congrats!  I am heading down the retirement road this year.

Kevin, thansk...hope you have fun. I know I enjoyed it, for that short time. Looking forward to doing it again LOL

1 hour ago, Jack Mayer said:

WHAT!?  No way. You need to come, Danielle and Keyah will miss you.

Well hell, thats a mighty tempting invitation, Jack. We'll see. I'll just have to look at my schedule closer I guess.

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil   If You go east will you get to the coast? if you get close to Va Beach/Norfolk give me a call and I'll take you on a tour of the worlds largest Naval Base! Even within a few hundred miles let me know. We do keep DP on ice!!! Glad you are working again at something you enjoy and that someone is paying as they should. 757-646-1686. The cell is on most of the time except when it's off!      Pat

The Old Sailor

On 6/16/2020 at 10:07 AM, JPL said:

Phil   If You go east will you get to the coast? if you get close to Va Beach/Norfolk give me a call and I'll take you on a tour of the worlds largest Naval Base! Even within a few hundred miles let me know. We do keep DP on ice!!! Glad you are working again at something you enjoy and that someone is paying as they should. 757-646-1686. The cell is on most of the time except when it's off!      Pat

The Old Sailor

Thanks for the invitation Pat. I'll keep your number handy if I get up that way :)

2014 smart Fortwo