Roadside Assistance provider

Jackie

The two most popular plans are Good Sam and Coach Net.  Escapees now offers a roadside assistance plan as well.  My only personal experience has been with Good Sam Platinum.  I have been happy with the service so far.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We had Good Sam's road service for about 10 years when we found ourselves at a large rally where it rained a great deal and many RVs had to be pulled out of the mud. Watching both Good Sam's ERS and Coach Net road service in action for many customers caused me to change companies, as prior to that we had never had an occasion to use the services. We then stayed with Coach Net for the next 15 years, during which we had 2 occasions to use their phone assistance and one time of our motorhome needing to be towed. While we were very happy with the service provided by Coach Net, the annual cost taking a very large jump and friends discovery that if you do not buy their premium coverage they will not tow your truck when no RV is attached, we have not changed our service to that provided by Escapees. It should be pointed out that Escapees Roadside Service is priced at $99/year but you are required to be a member of the Escapees RV Club to subscribe to it. Club membership comes with a long list of benefits that include their road service but it does add an additional $40/year to the cost if road service is all that you take advantage of. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good Sam does not operate a roadside service plan, they contract for it currently with Allstate Motor Club assuming they extended the contract that expired last year. Coach-Net is a roadside service operator with their own call center and service providers. I understand Safe-Ride, the plan the Escapees and FMCA offer, also operates their own service.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We've used both Good Sam and Coach Net, have used both with good results.

We are now with Escapees' ERS mainly because of the cost.  I had occasion to use it last month when I had gone to the grocery store to pick up groceries I'd ordered online.  When I went to start the car again, the battery was dead (original battery on a 2011 car).  I called Safe Ride and they had someone out in less than an hour to jump start the battery.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Coach-Net is a roadside service operator with their own ….. service providers.

Are you sure about this? I have always been lead to believe that the actual tow service providers/repair service providers are contracted by the road help companies and that many of the providers have contracts with several or all of the major road help services.

42 minutes ago, trailertraveler said:

Are you sure about this? I have always been lead to believe that the actual tow service providers/repair service providers are contracted by the road help companies and that many of the providers have contracts with several or all of the major road help services.

True. All providers contract with independents to actually provide the service. The difference is what they pay the independent. I have heard that Good Sam pays the least and sometimes the local independent won’t go out in the AM hours or during inclement weather for GS but will go out for Coach Net members. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

True. All providers contract with independents to actually provide the service. The difference is what they pay the independent. I have heard that Good Sam pays the least and sometimes the local independent won’t go out in the AM hours or during inclement weather for GS but will go out for Coach Net members. 

Do you have documentation to that?  I a town has one or even more tow providers I doubt they wouldn't help when needed.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

Am I sure that the Good Sam ERS call center is actually the Allstate Motor Club call center using Allstate's service provider listings? Yes, or at least it was last year. I haven't found any updates suggesting whether they renewed or switched to another ERS company again though. Coach-Net uses its own call center and provider listings. Are there vehicle service operators that are on both lists? Sure! It's not unusual for a service operator to accept calls for several different ERS plans...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Over the years we have had about all of them including GS which we use now. We have never had a issue with any of them. A good indicator is to ask your local roadside service provider( tow service, etc) which service they prefer. It will normally be the one that pays with a credit card and pays promptly.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I was with FMCA but switched to Escapees this year due to FMCA's huge price increase, making Escapees a much better deal since they are near identical Safe-Ride plans. I will not discontinue my FMCA membership, as both clubs offer unique benefits, such as the FMCA Sprint hotspot plan I use. Fortunately, I have not used either plan, but with a 20 yr old (though well maintained) MH I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Chip 

8 hours ago, sushidog said:

I was with FMCA but switched to Escapees this year due to FMCA's huge price increase, making Escapees a much better deal since they are near identical Safe-Ride plans. I will not discontinue my FMCA membership, as both clubs offer unique benefits, such as the FMCA Sprint hotspot plan I use. Fortunately, I have not used either plan, but with a 20 yr old (though well maintained) MH I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Chip 

Take note, the price increase of the FMCA ERS was demanded by SafeRide, it was not initiated by FMCA. Frankly I've been surprised SafeRide has not done the same to Escapees, perhaps contract length is a factor.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

How do you know this? Will you share your information source?

On the FMCA forums there is a discussion about that, with a copy of the letter from FMCA director.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961