Think twice before dealing with Camping world right now

agesilaus

Their stock dropped over two-thirds last week. But of course that was during the hysterical sell off on Wall Street. But still if they do go belly up anyone holding their ESP, ERS or other long term programs will be out of luck if they go bankrupt. So wait and see is probably the best policy right now: RVtravel  and then there is this on the TSD-Flying J debacle: dieselgate

I will not deal at all with Marcus and Camping world anymore. Why should he care how Rv'rs get fuel discounts. Just his greed. I hope they go belly up . . . Mr. Profit . . . Really knows how to run a business . . . Right

I'll use my TSD card at Loves and not use my Pilot Charge Card anymore.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

I don't know about the other programs, but the GS ERS program is operated by Allstate. I expect they would step in if GS/CW failed in some way rather than lose those subscribers.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

The bottom line is where can I fuel up for the least cost. I will use my TSD card at Loves and get the best discount and lowest cost for my diesel  fuel.  I will no longer use my GS discount at FFJ. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I'll continue to use my GS "Swipe & Save" card at PFJ for as long as it keeps dropping the price for me. Their stock tanking doesn't seem like a good reason to give up that discount to me...

Dutch

6 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I'll continue to use my GS "Swipe & Save" card at PFJ for as long as it keeps dropping the price for me. Their stock tanking doesn't seem like a good reason to give up that discount to me...

So why wouldnt you get the TSD discount card and save 50+ cents per gallon across the street at Loves over the 5 or so cents you save at PFJ.  

Seems like a no brainer to me and the card costs nothing.

Edited by Ranger Smith

Steve and Joy

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

11 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Their stock dropped over two-thirds last week. But of course that was during the hysterical sell off on Wall Street. But still if they do go belly up anyone holding their ESP, ERS or other long term programs will be out of luck if they go bankrupt. So wait and see is probably the best policy right now: RVtravel  and then there is this on the TSD-Flying J debacle: dieselgate

What are your intentions for this thread? I assume you own Camping World/Affinity Corp. stock to be concerned. Then again, perhaps PJStough is correct.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

13 minutes ago, Ranger Smith said:

So why wouldnt you get the TSD discount card and save 50+ cents per gallon across the street at Loves over the 5 or so cents you save at PFJ.  

Seems like a no brainer to me and the card costs nothing.

How much will it save me on gas (not diesel) and can I still use a credit card to pay at the pump? Never mind, I found the answers. No gas, diesel only, and they deduct the cost plus their fee directly from your checking account. Nope, won't work for me...

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Dutch

This TSD program reminds of the companies that were re-selling their unlimited cellular broadband plans to individuals on the open market as a way to make additional monies.  It violated their terms of agreement with the cellular companies and they were eventually terminated.  My understanding is that the TSD logistics plan was between fuel sellers and this company as a program for their trucks and drivers. Once they started selling these negotiated rates on the open market it was bound to attract attention from the fuel sellers. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Just now, mptjelgin said:

This TSD program reminds of the companies that were re-selling their unlimited cellular broadband plans to individuals on the open market as a way to make additional monies.  It violated their terms of agreement with the cellular companies and they were eventually terminated.  My understanding is that the TSD logistics plan was between fuel sellers and this company as a program for their trucks and drivers. Once they started selling these negotiated rates on the open market it was bound to attract attention from the fuel sellers. 

In addition, Good Sam evidently had an exclusive contract on fuel discounts for RVers with Pilot Flying J, and when Good Sam found out that TDS who had a contract with Pilot Flying J for their trucks, but extended the deal to RVers, there was a conflict, and Good Sam enforced their contract with Pilot Flying J.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

10 hours ago, pjstough said:

In addition, Good Sam evidently had an exclusive contract on fuel discounts for RVers with Pilot Flying J, and when Good Sam found out that TDS who had a contract with Pilot Flying J for their trucks, but extended the deal to RVers, there was a conflict, and Good Sam enforced their contract with Pilot Flying J.

I have pretty much stopped going to Flying J/Pilot since they not only became Good Sam exclusive, but they also voided the loyalty card that I had used for more than 10 years. And since TSD o only works for diesel from the truck lanes I just my 2% rebate credit card for both gasoline and diesel and can get mine anywhere. And I have not been to Camping World in several years either. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

How much will it save me on gas (not diesel) and can I still use a credit card to pay at the pump? Never mind, I found the answers. No gas, diesel only, and they deduct the cost plus their fee directly from your checking account. Nope, won't work for me...

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

There are no fees for use of the card, only if you have insufficient funds in the account that is ach debited do they impose a fee...just like bouncing a check at a retailer. 

They make their money as part of your discount,  so when you save money tsd gets a  10 percentage of the savings.  If you get no discount then they get nothing. 

They are not selling you anything,  it cost nothing but your time to enroll.  There are no contracts. It is not a credit card or credit program,  rather a efs linked to a bank account for ach debit. 

Yes you have to use the commercial lanes, swipe your efs card and enter your pin. The ach hits your account within a few days of the transaction.  

As an example right now loves In ft pierce advertising diesel at 2.74 per gallon...tsd discount price is shown 1.93.....81 cents per gallon discount..tsd gets 8.1 cents per gallon and you get the remainder 72.9 cents per gallon  , paying round number of 2.02 per gallon. 

The app shows you real time locations where the efs card is accepted as well as the per gallon price. 

A great  program to save money on diesel with no downside , why would you not have it in your wallet as an option ?

10 minutes ago, palmeris said:

A great  program to save money on diesel with no downside , why would you not have it in your wallet as an option ?

Because none of my vehicles use diesel? :)

Dutch

I've found that I can usually find fuel off the highway a bit and save more than any discount might be.  And I have about 1,000 mile range so can be kinda choosy.

That said, I agree with Paul and Kirk as stated above.  And I won't use CW or any Sam's/Wal-Mart either.  Both are bad for small businesses.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, palmeris said:

There are no fees for use of the card, only if you have insufficient funds in the account that is ach debited do they impose a fee...just like bouncing a check at a retailer. 

They make their money as part of your discount,  so when you save money tsd gets a  10 percentage of the savings.  If you get no discount then they get nothing. 

They are not selling you anything,  it cost nothing but your time to enroll.  There are no contracts. It is not a credit card or credit program,  rather a efs linked to a bank account for ach debit. 

Yes you have to use the commercial lanes, swipe your efs card and enter your pin. The ach hits your account within a few days of the transaction.  

As an example right now loves In ft pierce advertising diesel at 2.74 per gallon...tsd discount price is shown 1.93.....81 cents per gallon discount..tsd gets 8.1 cents per gallon and you get the remainder 72.9 cents per gallon  , paying round number of 2.02 per gallon. 

The app shows you real time locations where the efs card is accepted as well as the per gallon price. 

There is a fee for using the TSD / EFS card.  It is 10% of your savings.  Look at your settlement statement when they deduct funds from your account.

Edited by TexasPSDX

Ron
2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 4D SB
1989 Avion 34V

As I clearly stated they get 10 % of the savings.. if you want to consider it a fee that's your choice. As it's part of the discount it's not money I ever had in  my account in the 1st place.

there is no fee to sign up, no annual fee, no enrollment fee and if there's no discount they get nothing.  

Call it what you want,  I call it a good deal. 

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

I've found that I can usually find fuel off the highway a bit and save more than any discount might be.  And I have about 1,000 mile range so can be kinda choosy.

That said, I agree with Paul and Kirk as stated above.  And I won't use CW or any Sam's/Wal-Mart either.  Both are bad for small businesses.

Obviously that's your choice to use your time to search around a bit instead of using a truck stop that is easy on,  easy off, designed for big rigs, fresh fuel, etc. In an attempt to locate a larger discount than what you will already know about before using the efs card.....I would challenge your use of the word "any" however...my 2 cents is the convenience, ease of use and known savings would outweigh a scavenger hunt but again your choice 

1 minute ago, palmeris said:
7 minutes ago, palmeris said:

.I would challenge your use of the word "any" however...my 2 cents is the convenience, ease of use and known savings would outweigh a scavenger hunt but again your choice 

Perhaps I should have said "most"?  But that doesn't change my point, which is finding a place that accepts a certain card to get a specific discount may not be convenient either.  Having enough range to get to cheaper fuel is a bigger plus, in my eyes. And no scavenger hunt required.  There are several ways to find cheaper fuel in an area, GasBuddy being the most popular.  After we're in the campground and unhooked is usually a good time to combine fueling along with a grocery run or other errand.  And none of this matters to me as much as not doing business with the companies that are hurting the small businesses.  

But, to be brutally honest,  most of us aren't going to go to the poor house if we pay another nickel, or dollar.  RVing isn't known to be a cheap endeavor.  Another nickel, or $, isn't going to keep me home.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We have never purchased a RV at Camping world for two reasons they did not have the brand we wanted and they have always been to expensive. We do shop at CW when they have what we want at a price we think is fair. We use FJ/ Pilot with our RV plus card. They are most everywhere, easy in , easy out, Rv  friendly and plenty of parking if you need it. We will also use Loves and other truck stops  when needed. We use what  we want   when we want to.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

4 hours ago, TexasPSDX said:

There is a fee for using the TSD / EFS card.  It is 10% of your savings.  Look at your settlement statement when they deduct funds from your account.

So if my savings are 81 cents per gallon what do I care if they're getting 10% of that leaving me with 72 cents per gallon savings . . . Thats better than the 3 or 4 cents Good Sam offers.

Steve and Joy

Where We Are Now

5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I highly doubt you can drive off highway and find diesel for 82 cents lass

Steve and Joy

Where We Are Now