Think twice before dealing with Camping world right now

agesilaus

1 hour ago, Ranger Smith said:

I highly doubt you can drive off highway and find diesel for 82 cents lass

Are saving 82¢ per gallon at the current prices? Here in north TX most diesel is between $2.60 & $2.20 per gallon. That would make it less than off road diesel is selling for. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Are saving 82¢ per gallon at the current prices? Here in north TX most diesel is between $2.60 & $2.20 per gallon. That would make it less than off road diesel is selling for. 

A  quote in this thread:

As an example right now loves In ft pierce advertising diesel at 2.74 per gallon...tsd discount price is shown 1.93.....81 cents per gallon discount..tsd gets 8.1 cents per gallon and you get the remainder 72.9 cents per gallon  , paying round number of 2.02 per gallon. 

The app shows you real time locations where the efs card is accepted as well as the per gallon price. 

A great  program to save money on diesel with no downside , why would you not have it in your wallet as an option ?

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

9 minutes ago, Ranger Smith said:

A great  program to save money on diesel with no downside , why would you not have it in your wallet as an option ?

Will a standard diesel pickup accept the larger nozzle of the truck island? 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

29 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

My Sprinter van would not. But, I learned that lots of truck stops have one lane with the smaller nozzle. I had to ask to find out which one it was but it was usually one at the end of a row of pumps.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

27 minutes ago, Ranger Smith said:

you get the remainder 72.9 cents per gallon 

So it's not really 81 cents.  I wonder what other gotcha's are in there?  As pointed out above, there's often a 40 cent, or more, savings to be had by driving a mile, which, as I pointed out, likely will be on our way for some other task.  There's about a 94 cent difference in diesel prices within 10 miles of my house today.  Highest being truck stops.

That said, yes, I'd gladly pay 40 cents more not to deal with CW or Wal-Mart.  It's a matter of principals.  I burned about 1,400 gal in our truck last year. If it cost me another $550, so what.  I spend more than that on cigars.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

This thread is completely off-topic,and the original thread starter has never returned to answer questions about the intention of this thread.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

2 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

Yeah, but isn't this fun?!?

Disruption and fear-mongering is not fun, it that was the intent.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Kirk, before I bought my Class A I had a toy hauler and a 2012 Ford F-350 diesel. When towing the 5th wheel I always fueled up in the truck lanes. My Ford had no problem with the larger nozzles anywhere. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

39 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

So it's not really 81 cents.  I wonder what other gotcha's are in there?  As pointed out above, there's often a 40 cent, or more, savings to be had by driving a mile, which, as I pointed out, likely will be on our way for some other task.  There's about a 94 cent difference in diesel prices within 10 miles of my house today.  Highest being truck stops.

That said, yes, I'd gladly pay 40 cents more not to deal with CW or Wal-Mart.  It's a matter of principals.  I burned about 1,400 gal in our truck last year. If it cost me another $550, so what.  I spend more than that on cigars.

Uh...that's not a gotcha...its known upfront that 10 percent of the discount goes to  tsd...there are no other costs...if your opposed to the saving by buying at a truck stop your choice....and completely your choice where to spend your money...having the tsd card allows me to save .72 cents per gallon in the example from the loves up the road , times the 65 gallon that my titan xl replacement tank holds comes to bout 45.00 bucks saving over their advertised price for that fill up...or bout 1000.00 using your 1400 gallon number...that's a bunch of cigars going up in smoke.  Lol

Hmmm.  I'll go down the road and save 94 cents/gal, minus your 72 cents, equals a 22 cent savings on 150 gal/fill ( I never let it get below 1/4 tank) nets me a $33 savings.  5 nice cigars.

btw, we seem to have strayed off the OP's post.......

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Hmmm.  I'll go down the road and save 94 cents/gal, minus your 72 cents, equals a 22 cent savings on 150 gal/fill ( I never let it get below 1/4 tank) nets me a $33 savings.  5 nice cigars.

btw, we seem to have strayed off the OP's post.......

....down the road to the local non franchised small business owners station that's 94 cents per gallon cheaper ..probably got a walk in humidor too....lol

Sorry for the post creep op.