ET air valve

dblr

Weather was so nice here today I decided to take the truck for a drive plus fuel prices dropped some so put fuel in the truck. Anyway to my question, the air leveling valve on my hitch is leaking, I assume it just needs replaced but not sure what one to get or where, any info would be great. Thanks for any help.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

The hitch and the truck suspension should come up about the same time after starting the truck. The valve should not be releasing air once the truck suspension and the hitch stabilize. You should have about an inch of space between the top of the platform walls and the stop plates as shown.

1XTSfwdl.jpg

If it's different "we need to talk" how to make it" 1 inch.

The truck is in dire need of some new suspension bags this spring ( first on the list ) but the valve leaks badly when everything is aired up, the hitch works like it should but don't want to get caught in a bad situation from a bad valve. I might need to contact you after the bags are done to see that all is right, thank you Henry for your help.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

48 minutes ago, ARGO said:

Note to future HDT'ers- Put new bags on BEFORE building bed..................................

I will totally agree with you....but I bought the truck all ready to go so working with what I got, not complaining just trying to chase that what seems like forever air leaks

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Oh, I get serious about air leaks. Spend most of day chasing them. Then holds air for day or so. Few months later, leak down in half a day. Start all over. Seems a common thing

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

11 hours ago, ARGO said:

Note to future HDT'ers- Put new bags on BEFORE building bed..................................

Cab bags too.   Don't ask how I know.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Oh, I get serious about air leaks. Spend most of day chasing them. Then holds air for day or so. Few months later, leak down in half a day. Start all over. Seems a common thing

My old 1984 Pete 359 dual axle will hold air for a week. The suspension a couple months. It even has air windshield wipers and air for transmission . It also has rubber lines and flare fittings. No plastic and pushloc type fittings. Guess the don't makum like they used to. Kids bubbles and a squirt bottle usually will find a leak.

They still do, it's just an option.  $3K gets you a whole truck made out of FC350 hose.  You'll become best friends with your 9/16 and 13/16 wrenches...

Can't remember exactly, but I think nylon truck tube (J844) was invented in 1982?  Got its TMC color designations in 1984?

9 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Perhaps he meant it was the Canadian Screech that caused the delusional pattern........

That has to be the worst tasting thing I’ve ever tried outside of lutefisk.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"