Hmm, old goat, again

phoenix2013

Hi old goat,

That's an intriguing first image.  Have you transcended bolts? 

For me, the most important priorities are safety, time to setup/take down, and price.

SmartCar tire chock integration?

Looking forward to more insights about your design.  And am hoping, they will be available late this year, or early next.

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

Since ETs went to a new manufacturer to continue onward and forward, I have more time, "again", to do engineering work and folks that want to engage me in said tasks, and ideas of my own than needed more "free time". No, none of these require getting "acquainted" with a pig.

Ramps are just ramps, you guys have seen these before, the other thing has to do with Dodge trucks..

EKkvZJul.jpg

Ford does it too, Chevy's still in diapers, haven't made it to potty yet. This is just the first step, sizable effort will follow..

So you have a task for me?

Henry, I hope you are tucked in safely with that nasty hurricane heading your way.  I would hate to see "flying goats" (or pigs for that matter).  Prayers that you and yours will avoid damage or worse.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

The ramps will enter destructive testing shortly. The computer has already "destroyed" them through Finite Element Analysis.  It will be "fun" to destroy some aluminum. I think.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

4 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

The ramps will enter destructive testing shortly. The computer has already "destroyed" them through Finite Element Analysis.  It will be "fun" to destroy some aluminum. I think.

It was interesting to find out that these are supposed to withstand twice the design load, now the real and "expensive" test

Steve.  In the towing industry they used to test to destruction things like chain, synthetic rope and slings.  Working load limit is usually one quarter or one fifth of the average failure figure depending  on how risk adverse the manufacturer was.  Is that how you would come up with working load limit a fraction of the deflection number?  Either way the product is scrap after the testing.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Steve.  In the towing industry they used to test to destruction things like chain, synthetic rope and slings.  Working load limit is usually one quarter or one fifth of the average failure figure depending  on how risk adverse the manufacturer was.  Is that how you would come up with working load limit a fraction of the deflection number?  Either way the product is scrap after the testing.

Nigel

Live load is generally 5-1 based on deflection.       You don't build a bridge crane and destroy it, a weldment built with know elements can easily be validated using load cells.      The max deflection is that which allows for return without permanent deformation.     The part may fail to return IF it is at or near design limits, anything more should easily pass without damage. 

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.