Last East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

7-14" more tonight into tomorrow.  More later in the week and over the weekend.  Getting the trailer out to go to the ECR is seriously becoming a concern...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Hey folks, I am headed out towards your way later this week and was thinking of coming up thru Birmingham and then around Chattanooga and get on 127 coming in.  Any know route problems around the area that anybody should be concerned about?    Thanks.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

2 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

7-14" more tonight into tomorrow.  More later in the week and over the weekend.  Getting the trailer out to go to the ECR is seriously becoming a concern...

Well we only received 5 inches, and a good bit of it melted during the day. Glad we moved the trailer into a better location yesterday. Now it is time to prep the camper, load it up, if it ever stays above freezing, so we can roll to ECR in a couple weeks.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

1 hour ago, HERO Maker said:

Hey folks, I am headed out towards your way later this week and was thinking of coming up thru Birmingham and then around Chattanooga and get on 127 coming in.  Any know route problems around the area that anybody should be concerned about?    Thanks.

Lots of construction in downtown Birmingham, otherwise a pretty easy drive.  Take I-459 around town, and expect more traffic than normal there, but not really a big deal.  The rest of I-59 is much improved in the last several years--pavement in much better shape than the original stuff that was still in service not that long ago.

Take US 27 north out of Chattanooga, through Soddy Daisy, to TN-111.  It's a nice freeway over to US 127 from there, and a lot easier than 127 right from Chattanooga.  You can also stay on US 27 to TN-68, which runs into 127 near Cumberland Mountain State Park. It has a few more rolling hills, but avoids the climb all at once onto the plateau on 127 (which is no big deal, just 6 or 7% for a few miles).

If you want to bypass Chattanooga altogether, head west on I-24 from I-59, and north on TN-28, which runs into US 127.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

4 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

What David said.  Crowd is already gathering. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Av8r3400     That Northern Wis picture is why I like Norfolk. We did see 12" in one snow fall this year!!! But it is LONG Gone! Hope you can dig out by the ECR.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Hi Everyone,

Curious minds need to know. Is there any tail gating going on ?

Party on !  :P
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

On 4/3/2018 at 11:44 PM, JPL said:

Av8r3400     That Northern Wis picture is why I like Norfolk. We did see 12" in one snow fall this year!!! But it is LONG Gone! Hope you can dig out by the ECR.   Pat

The Old Sailor

A little work with the tractor and the plow truck and I was able to gain access to the trailer and get the truck out then even took her for a little joy-ride.

Eq0TYdE.jpg

AhOJXVz.jpg

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

With some personal challenges and schedule conflicts, we've been on again, off again.  It looks as though we are clear to attend the event now.  I'm pretty excited to get to see all the rigs and meet some new friends.

Having registered sometime back (like day #1), what do I need to have to gain access to the rally?  We will not be staying at the campgrounds but will be close by.  TIA!

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

8 hours ago, Stickman81 said:

With some personal challenges and schedule conflicts, we've been on again, off again.  It looks as though we are clear to attend the event now.  I'm pretty excited to get to see all the rigs and meet some new friends.

Having registered sometime back (like day #1), what do I need to have to gain access to the rally?  We will not be staying at the campgrounds but will be close by.  TIA!

Just check in with Kim at the campground. She will issue you a gate pass for $10 refundable deposit. I’m assembling the name badges etc in a welcome bag this weekend so Kim should also have that available for you to pick up. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

33 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Just check in with Kim at the campground. She will issue you a gate pass for $10 refundable deposit. I’m assembling the name badges etc in a welcome bag this weekend so Kim should also have that available for you to pick up. 

Awesome!  Thank you!

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

On 4/5/2018 at 9:49 PM, Av8r3400 said:

A little work with the tractor and the plow truck and I was able to gain access to the trailer and get the truck out then even took her for a little joy-ride.

Eq0TYdE.jpg

AhOJXVz.jpg

Hi Av8r,

I can feel your pain. What is going on with this weather. Woke up to 1 1/2 " of snow and 25*F in northeast Ohio. I still need to do some work on the truck.

Be safe,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived