Where to advertise?

Kirk W

I am trying to help a friend/neighbor to sell his RV lot. This isn't something that I have done much so am wondering if others on the forums have ever sold an RV lot and if you have, where did you advertise it? The lot is listed on the Escapee Marketplace, but since it is a pretty limited in coverage and I have not found any other  RV forums that have such a service. We might pay for an ad if in a place that brings interested people but in looking at those, I didn't see any that stand out the way that RV Trader does in their market. Anyone have any suggestions on where one might list such property? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, Mntom said:

It is fairly active but only reaches visitors to these forums. As mentioned in my post, it is already listed on the Marketplace.

22 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Classifieds in RV magazines, such as "Trailer Life" and "Motorhome".  Drawback is they are only monthly print ads (unless there is also an online presence), but they hit a lot of people. 

Those also tend to be pretty expensive and are billed every month. I'd like to find some active internet listing and while I did find a couple of them, none were names that I have heard mentioned the way that RV Trader is so often. Since I am trying to help a friend who has a pretty limited budget, I hesitate to spend much of his money with no guarantees of results. 

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Those also tend to be pretty expensive and are billed every month. I'd like to find some active internet listing and while I did find a couple of them, none were names that I have heard mentioned the way that RV Trader is so often. Since I am trying to help a friend who has a pretty limited budget, I hesitate to spend much of his money with no guarantees of results. 

You and he do realize that there are no guarantees .

That lot may sell in a day or a couple of years or never . 

All you can do is put it out there in as many places as feasible . 

Have you considered a Realtor ? it is their business .  

Goes around , comes around .

I would start with Craig's List. It is cheap and can be effective. If Kirk's friend is trying to sell a lot were Kirk lives, I find them to be expensive. Good Luck. Since that is a Christian place maybe it could be published in some type of Christian magazine?

You are thinking of RVs when you are trying to sell Real Estate. Find a good Realtor in the area who will know how to advertise the property at no cost to the seller who only pay a commission upon sale of the property.  Alternatively you could find a For Sale By Owner web site and list it yourself. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Many communities have shopper-type papers. They are handed out for free, and paid for by all the ads. You might try advertising in some of those that are a few hours drive away.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

irv2.com; main forum page, click on classifieds in the top banner bar.

re: craigslist, keep in mind you're putting your/their phone number out there for all scammers to use as well as serious lookers. I once considered using craigslist, asked my son-in-law about it. He said to go buy a cheap burner phone to throw away when finished with craigslist, and keep my phone number out of it.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

re: craigslist, keep in mind you're putting your/their phone number out there for all scammers to use as well as serious lookers.

This is not true. You do not have to use a phone number in a Craigs List ad, nor do you have to use your email directly. Craigs List offers an email relay which comes from them and your email is not exposed. After that you can respond as you see fit. 

As for a place to advertise, there is a website that sells nothing but RV properties. It does cost, but it is very reasonable at $29 for up to 200 words and $5 per picture but the ad is good for up to a year.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

13 hours ago, Chalkie said:

This is not true. You do not have to use a phone number in a Craigs List ad, nor do you have to use your email directly. Craigs List offers an email relay which comes from them and your email is not exposed. After that you can respond as you see fit. 

As for a place to advertise, there is a website that sells nothing but RV properties. It does cost, but it is very reasonable at $29 for up to 200 words and $5 per picture but the ad is good for up to a year.

Thanks, good to know.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 8:28 PM, Ray,IN said:

irv2.com; main forum page, click on classifieds in the top banner bar.

re: craigslist, keep in mind you're putting your/their phone number out there for all scammers to use as well as serious lookers. I once considered using craigslist, asked my son-in-law about it. He said to go buy a cheap burner phone to throw away when finished with craigslist, and keep my phone number out of it.

I have sold several items, inc'l a boat and an RV -very successfully- on CL.

For the RV (a TT) I was shocked at the number of calls (over 50) the first day it was listed,  Sold it to the first caller at full price, cash - less than 24 hours later!

No "burner phone" necessary -  calls at 6AM or midnight *ARE* welcome! (the guy that bought the TT called at 2AM !!)

I prefer a voice mail (only) phone service.  Of course, it has it's own phone number, and is *always* answered - without any interruptions to/for me.

The outgoing message states I will return calls in the order received. Cost for the service is approx $8. per month.  Able to leave an outgoing message (for more details) of up to 5 minutes!  About one minute works or me.

No need to ever have my "real"  phone number, it's easy to sort out the bogus stuff - and I return calls via my unlisted (and normally  'off') Tracfone - which is not a "burner", I've had it for 10 years!  

Serious callers/buyers  can schedule a time to see the item.  When the item is sold, I indicate same on the VM.

Archived