DW wants an oven

GlennWest

• 1 month later...

We have an Atwood Wedgewood oven in our 2014 Redwood.  My wife uses it all the time for cakes, cookies, pies, etc.  We have baked several turkeys and all have come out fine.  The temperature on the dial is off about 25 degrees, but she compensates for it when setting the dial.  In our 1990 TT, she baked all of the time as well.  She is amazed by all of the negative comments on RV ovens.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2013 RAM SLT DRW, Cummins, ASIN

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

8 hours ago, elliott&vicky said:

We have an Atwood Wedgewood oven in our 2014 Redwood.  My wife uses it all the time for cakes, cookies, pies, etc.  We have baked several turkeys and all have come out fine.  The temperature on the dial is off about 25 degrees, but she compensates for it when setting the dial.  In our 1990 TT, she baked all of the time as well.  She is amazed by all of the negative comments on RV ovens.

If your oven control is like ours, you can adjust the temperature to match the dial with a small screw located in the center of the shaft. There may be a silicone "plug" covering it up.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 10/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, rockylarson said:

Interesting discussions all nicely presented,,,,, On this ranch when the DW says she wants something the only questions that come up are How big, What Color, When  and Where do you want it,,,  Just saying.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, Pat & Pete said:

I'm sorry ... :D

I think Rocky is a smart man.  After 36 plus years of marriage, I and many others have learned that if Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.:D

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

We have baked in the BBQ with a pizza stone, esp if the electric is included.(we have an electric and LP, but prefer to bake in the electric, better temp control.  And we dont heat up the coach, although sometimes that is a nice benefite.

Marcel

On 10/28/2017 at 8:02 AM, GlennWest said:

Actually we had one in the Drv. It was terrible. I don't believe any RV oven worth having. Was wondering if anything would work better that she could use

Charcoal grill (or even the unpleasant gas grill) can work very well. I'd use the gas grill for baking and other things where the smoke flavor is undesired. But for any kind of meat cooking, I'd use a little weber charcoal grill. Obviously a rainy day can cramp your style, but that's what Five Guys is for. ;-)

On 10/28/2017 at 10:02 AM, GlennWest said:

Was wondering if anything would work better that she could use

We don't have an oven in our current RV but Pam wanted one so I got her a Brieville Smart Oven and she loves it. We keep it in the house or the RV, depending if we are traveling or home. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

23 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

We don't have an oven in our current RV but Pam wanted one so I got her a Brieville Smart Oven and she loves it. We keep it in the house or the RV, depending if we are traveling or home. 

X2

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived