Our new HDT

Heavymetal

I went by a friends body shop and in his opinion it would not only be cheaper to do a wrap on the truck but it would not hurt the resale value because it comes right off and the major plus is you can do what evter design and colors you want..

What is the life expectancy of a wrap before peeling and fading?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

What is the life expectancy of a wrap before peeling and fading?

On a boat that sees salt water and high speed- 45-70mph, they would last 2-3 years. On a vehicle that is taken care of, I would think 5-8 years IF it is kept clean, with a UV protectant on it. Something like 303 Aerospace works great on wraps.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

On a boat that sees salt water and high speed- 45-70mph, they would last 2-3 years. On a vehicle that is taken care of, I would think 5-8 years IF it is kept clean, with a UV protectant on it. Something like 303 Aerospace works great on wraps.

That is consistent with what I was told....same numbers....5-7 years if taken care of. Five would be expected. Seven would be hoped for.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Wraps are intended/designed for an advertising theme, which given the attention span of the general public isn't very long. We haul trailers that have to be deidentified when traded in, and anything more than 5 years old gets tougher and tougher to remove.

A paint job on a brand new truck is not nearly as expensive as one on an older truck. A lot less prep is needed, just removing attached pieces and scuffing the rest. Get a quote for each, or since it is a cool looking truck anyway, let it grow on you...

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Wraps are intended/designed for an advertising theme, which given the attention span of the general public isn't very long. We haul trailers that have to be deidentified when traded in, and anything more than 5 years old gets tougher and tougher to remove.

A paint job on a brand new truck is not nearly as expensive as one on an older truck. A lot less prep is needed, just removing attached pieces and scuffing the rest. Get a quote for each, or since it is a cool looking truck anyway, let it grow on you...

Probably the best advice. It's just dang bright!!!

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Notice a common theme? All of us with red trucks are saying leave it alone, haha.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Tie in red graphics on the RV and add some shadowed swoops graphics to the truck that match RV and red or red acent black Smart

Very cool.

Cost minimal.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

What did you do? Switch to Geico? LOL

Geico WILL save yo a bunch of money. I moved our smart there and it was 1/3 ....yes you read that right.... 1/3 the cost I was previously paying. With slightly better coverage at Geico. They will take a 5er alone, as well. BUT....they will not take an HDT. Bummer.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Hey Heavy, I just saw this pic of an Optimus Prime truck and, well, you know what I'm thinking! :)

Der-Western-Star-5700-loest-den-Peterbil

I was thinking the same thing when thinking of the wrap.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Ok guys red it is. I just save a bunch of money.

So... a few red and blue flashing lights and some gold leaf lettering that spells out.....HDT/FIRE DEPARTMENT, STAY BACK 300 FEET.....get a CD with sirens sounds and then turn every thing on and watch Big5er drive off into the ditch to give you the right of way....

Might be good to stock up on a LOT of Dr.Pepper if he gets ....grumpy....

Drive on.....(Red is..mmmmm HOT)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived