Roll-Up Door for Drom Box

bmzero

The hide away doors look good also. But still might give you clearance issues

I like those slope-top cabinets. Now if they just made one 7' high instead of 5'......

Not sure I'd like the bill, but I'd consider it a one-time expense.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I like those slope-top cabinets. Now if they just made one 7' high instead of 5'......

Not sure I'd like the bill, but I'd consider it a one-time expense.

Jack, those measurements are a little confusing!

I'm guessing the front is actually 6 feet sitting on top of 6 inch legs, giving it a 6.5 ft. height, (with the top of the opening being about at the 6 ft. 1 inch area) with the rear rising another 9 inches giving it the overall height of 87 inches. Yours and mine are at about 90 inches, and yes, I would rather have the extra height on the front and put just a little slant in the roof for drainage. I like our height, but others may prefer it a little shorter. The adjustable shelves are a good idea though.

I'm also wondering about the cost.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Hi Bmzero - would a drom box module work with your system?

Yes, I will be building it to bolt to the bed surface. The VersaTie track will provide ample bolt points.

Good find. Those look very close to what I want, but both of their roll up door cabinets are too deep for my needs. I'm going to limit mine to 14" deep.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

As I'm considering my own Drom Box I telephoned Strong Hold this morning. They stated the roll up door is not weatherproof, this might be a consideration. However, they have a similar cabinet with hinged doors that is weatherproof, Approximately $3K.

The Representative stated they'll build any size a customer may desire.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

As I'm considering my own Drom Box I telephoned Strong Hold this morning. They stated the roll up door is not weatherproof, this might be a consideration. However, they have a similar cabinet with hinged doors that is weatherproof, Approximately $3K.

The Representative stated they'll build any size a customer may desire.

Yeah, that would eliminate it from my list, assuming the $3k didn't already do the trick. :D Thanks for the report.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Came across this today while looking for a gas tank to mount on the bed for fueling our race cars. They do roll-up doors:

http://www.800toolbox.com/custom_toolboxes/custom_toolboxes.htm

They also do beds for HDTs so they probably know our market well.

Has anyone dealt with them?

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

I had my drom box built by ALUM-LINE and I see they have rollup fire rescue stuff that could be built into a tool or drom box. They do build custom anything you want. They were very close in price to Highway Products when I was getting quotes. They were able to supply much quicker though.

Alum-line is only about 1-1/2 hour away from us. I had them price doing an aluminum bed for the HDT as a comparison to a steel bed and it was not badly priced. They show they use ROM roll up doors which look to be weather resistant.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived