HDT / Dark-Side Logo, Badge, Imbedded Chip?

Dollytrolley

On a fairly regular basis threads are posted that say something like...........saw this rig in a RV-Park in Rattlesnake New Mex yesterday are they a forum member????

Just wondering if some "Tasteful" logo, badge, or whatever might have any merit?

DW says my "Tast-buds of logos" is somewhat "handicapped" so my idea of a "Glow-in-the-Dark-Day-Glow-Green-Background-Yellow-Letters-sized-3ft High-4ft Long might not be ideal.......................

Any thoughts?

Drive on........(who was that HDT/ RV.........)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Good idea. If someone does a tasteful design I'll take on the task of getting some sort of appropriate "badge" or stickon done and sell tham at the HDT Rally or directly. But I have to like it... :) Actually, we have some talented people here that are quite artistic. A group effort would be great.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I'm with Jack, something tasteful and relatively inconspicuous, maybe about the size of the Escapees stickers.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

While I somewhat agree with Darryl, a small sticker or symbol might be sufficient. Especially if it were always placed in the same place on all units, say bottom right corner of the door glass. That way something as small as a 2 or 3" circle would be plenty.

I'll also take a hat. :ph34r:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Good idea. If someone does a tasteful design I'll take on the task of getting some sort of appropriate "badge" or stickon done and sell tham at the HDT Rally or directly. But I have to like it... :) Actually, we have some talented people here that are quite artistic. A group effort would be great.

Jack,

You bring some good points to the table......the "Talent-Well" seems pretty deep here on the forum......

All my life I have had way too many ideas.......(a few ideas turned out good.......some not-so-good) but while I have floated the "HDT-logo" here out in the open.........trust me, my wife is spot-on that my graphic-design-taste is........."taste deprived", so with that in mind it is my hope that far more talented folks could design something that would be a good fit for the Dark-side.....

Being" graphic handicapped" I could not imagine a logo / badge etc that would appear as a good "fit" on the more custom highly finished HDT's that many forum members own.

As for our old Freightshaker it is fairly easy to upgrade the fit and finish........I just clean my greasy finger prints off......

Drive on.........(let the talented ones make us look good.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I like the smiley with the vader helmet myself 'we have fun'

Cool idea.......might need to check with Steve Speelburg (sp) to make sure we don't incurr copyright fees.......

One thing we might consider is that maybe a spot on the logo that might have a place for the Escappeeeeee number ?? might be handy if the owners are away driving around in the Smart throwing DrPepper cans at road signs........

Drive on........(Logo-R-Us.........)

So nothing like "I might be slow, but I'm ahead of you...) on the rear bumper is gonna work for this.

The " National Association of Heavy Duty Trucks For Pulling Recreational Vehicles" might be hard to read from 85 yards at 70 mph on a 3" sticker.

Seriously, something small and recognizable at speed and distance (like an itty bitty marine signal flag) on both ends could be cool.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

I can see this as a topic of discussion around the campfire at the Cornfield Rally. More beer = more creativity. :lol:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Deleted original post.

Still have no better ideas to offer at this time.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Sorry if I offended. Deleted the post.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

With so many HDTers being "decal adverse", what about some "jewelry" instead? Maybe a round or oval grille badge, not unlike those that are frequently found installed on some exotic or classic makes of cars, or along the lines of those issued to class winners by the Antique Automobile Club of America?

They'd certainly be more expensive than a decal, and undoubtedly harder to source, but while some don't care for decals, who doesn't like a little "bling" for their truck?

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

How about this or any suggestions on how to modify it?

HDT%20Logo%20Sample_zpsxd6uaiwk.jpg

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

With so many HDTers being "decal adverse", what about some "jewelry" instead? Maybe a round or oval grille badge, not unlike those that are frequently found installed on some exotic or classic makes of cars, or along the lines of those issued to class winners by the Antique Automobile Club of America?

They'd certainly be more expensive than a decal, and undoubtedly harder to source, but while some don't care for decals, who doesn't like a little "bling" for their truck?

Phil, thats a classy concept.....must be that big ole Chrome KW in the circle that get in your blood.....

Perhaps a bit more expensive would be a High Quality CNC HDT / Dark-Side machined license plate frame. A long-time friend owns a large CNC Aerospace Machine shop and he once in a while has machined very high end license plate frames for exotic car groups and high-end collectors ( as I recall some were even back-lit with leds...).

Most of us (except me the other day on the way to the paint shop......no plates at all....) have at least one lic plate and some states require two plates so the HDT / Dark-Side Lic Frame might be just the discrete way for the very clean HDT units to not have any added badges or decals......

At the mid to low price range license frames can be had that range from ok to downright tasteless.......

Drive on...........(HDT bling all the way......)

Put me on the list. I'd definitely be interested.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Now I like that idea. I'm thinking of one for each side of my hauler bed.

License plate frame works for me too.

I think the Billetbadges idea is headed in the right direction. Still needs to be small, and easily identifiable, even for us old poots.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived