The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

What part of SC are you heading to? Maybe we'll see you there. We figure we'll be in Deming on the 15th depending on the weather, of course.

I'm going to Columbia. Really just west of Columbia. When are you coming through Deming 15 March or 15 April? If It's March I'll plan my trip with the little trailer for later in the month.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to Columbia. Really just west of Columbia. When are you coming through Deming 15 March or 15 April? If It's March I'll plan my trip with the little trailer for later in the month.

15th of March. It's just a one-nighter and then we're on through El Paso. Hopefully, the weather keeps improving. We're also going through Dallas - Fort Worth this time and probably putting our RV in storage someplace there.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

IYQ , we have friends heading south from Parker Colorado next week. Told them about the low ranch. So they may come track you down. Dave & his wife Jan are great people, well at least tell him I said that. Think they have a reservation for Saturday night.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

IYQ , we have friends heading south from Parker Colorado next week. Told them about the low ranch. So they may come track you down. Dave & his wife Jan are great people, well at least tell him I said that. Think they have a reservation for Saturday night.

What is their last name? I'll have the office alert me when they sign in. That's so I can be on guard cause if they are your friend I worry until the FBI checks them out. ;) Nah, any friend of your's is a friend of mine. I'll Take them to the Adobe Deli for dinner so we can talk about you.

The appointment for my big trailer is tomorrow morning. So, I'll spend the day getting it hooked up and ready to go. Then, I hope the stuff I have ordered starts coming in so I can finish getting the little trailer ready to go star gazing. If only I could do something about all the cloudy skies we are having. Last night it got cloudy just as it was turning dark. Then an hour later it cleared up except for around the horizon. At least I was able to make sure the comet was still visable. It's pretty dim now. About mag 6 and pretty close (2° left of Delta Cassiopeia) the 4th brightest star in the big W just West (left) of the North star.( second star from the left/up end.)! If you have some binoculars and a fairly dark site it should be easy to find (a small fuzzy ball with NO tail.)

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We had quite a night Saturday. We were looking for this hamburger joint that was listed on Diners Drive-ins and Dives on the North side of San Diego. We were a couple of blocks from it in heavy traffic (not moving very fast) and we were rear ended!! :o He hit pretty hard, and I was getting out of the truck, to see what damage he did, when he revved it up and took off up an alley!! We couldn't move but were not hurt so that was good anyway. We were lucky as he hit the bike rack and it bent the side arms, but didn't hurt either bike or the truck. He left part of his front bumper and a license plate part, but not the plate (of course) so that receiver hitch at least hurt him worse than he hurt us. I was able to hook a strap to a telephone pole here at the elks and straighten it almost as good as new. I sure hate to see someone get away with something like that, but by the time the police got there he was long gone. I hope his radiator bleeds to death!!! Then when we finally got to the restaurant there was a line down the street, so we are going to have to try that place on a Tuesday afternoon I guess. If I see a black Honda civic with the front plate hanging off I might just run over him with the bus!! :angry:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

ugh, Steve,

glad there was no major damage. Not sure how people like that sleep at night.

Hey Lee,

we spent 3 weeks at Dreher Island SP... really enjoyed Lake Murray while we were there.

sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Whoa, Steve! Glad you are both OK. May be a bit sore the next day as we often don't feel those things right away, Maybe the cops will find the car--can't be too many of that description driving around.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well dang Steve, maybe when he started reving up the engine you should have just backed up n the hood of the sucker. Well at least you guys are ok and not a lot of damage was done. But it still pisses a fella off I know.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Darn some great big old guy backed into my Black Honda Civic. Just pulling your leg Steve. I'm sure glad you came out all in one peace with no more than a hurt pride. I sure hope that guy burned up the engine trying to get away with a gash in the radiator. If I see a Black Honda Civic with a beat up front end I'll run into him for you. At least you and your vehicle came out in good condition.

I spent the day at Jimmy's RV Repair getting the Trailer ready for the trip east. Sitting around waiting half the day sure tires me out. I got the last 1099 so I can work on the taxes now. I'll make an appointment tomorrow and get that out of the way. I just got an email from my GG Niece. She has to leave town to do some big special catering job between the 13th and 21st of April. That is putting a kink in my plans. I'll either have to leave here early and make a record dash there to see her before the 13th or wait till after the 21st which will put me into May coming back. It'll probably be the later. I don't see how I can get everything done in time to leave here in the next week to 10 days. If I drive every day it will take 6 days to get there and I get too sore and tired driving day after day like that. And, May gets pretty hot and sticky back there. Oh well, if that is the only troubles I have I guess I'm pretty lucky. We had clear skies tonight for a change and Lovejoy is still there but getting a little faint. It was also nice and warm tonight for sitting out looking at the stars.

What the heck is with people. We were in Williamsburg, Va yesterday and while waiting for a light to turn left, the guy in front of us starts backing up!!! Doesn't anyone look!!! We couldn't get out of the way fast enough and he hit us. No damage to the car, but our tow bar in front is bent.

Ed jumped out and so did the guy. Admitted he never looked in his mirror. So now begins the long process of getting that fixed. Glad we are here for the summer.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Steve we too got rear ended at a light in San Diego (but no damage to us at all)... the girl with her learners permit that hit us was scared to death and yes I attributed to that hoping she would learn from it... glad you two are OK... By the way IYQ we are in some very dark skies out here near Rodeo, NM... great for star gazing...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

Paul and Sue, your new place sounds great. Congratulations!

Steve, glad you two are OK. I feel your pain. A few days ago we were starting another leg of our adventure north back to the USA when a small garbage truck got into my lane and broke the drivers side rearview mirror off. We were going about 45 mph when it happened. This highway is very narrow and usually no shoulder. I pulled over as soon as I could. Don't know about the other truck. I took the mirror off the passenger side and put it on the left. I'm a bit gun shy of on coming semi's and bus's now.

We made an addition to our family. Hope we don't have a problem crossing the border. Back in the USA on the 17th. This has been an adventure for sure. Because of spotty wifi Tina has had a hard time up dating the blog.

Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Paul and Sue, your new place sounds great. Congratulations!

Steve, glad you two are OK. I feel your pain. A few days ago we were starting another leg of our adventure north back to the USA when a small garbage truck got into my lane and broke the drivers side rearview mirror off. We were going about 45 mph when it happened. This highway is very narrow and usually no shoulder. I pulled over as soon as I could. Don't know about the other truck. I took the mirror off the passenger side and put it on the left. I'm a bit gun shy of on coming semi's and bus's now.

We made an addition to our family. Hope we don't have a problem crossing the border. Back in the USA on the 17th. This has been an adventure for sure. Because of spotty wifi Tina has had a hard time up dating the blog.

Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Steve and Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your bumps and all!

Jeff, did you adopt someone/something?!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

What is their last name? I'll have the office alert me when they sign in. That's so I can be on guard cause if they are your friend I worry until the FBI checks them out. ;) Nah, any friend of your's is a friend of mine. I'll Take them to the Adobe Deli for dinner so we can talk about you.

The appointment for my big trailer is tomorrow morning. So, I'll spend the day getting it hooked up and ready to go. Then, I hope the stuff I have ordered starts coming in so I can finish getting the little trailer ready to go star gazing. If only I could do something about all the cloudy skies we are having. Last night it got cloudy just as it was turning dark. Then an hour later it cleared up except for around the horizon. At least I was able to make sure the comet was still visable. It's pretty dim now. About mag 6 and pretty close (2° left of Delta Cassiopeia) the 4th brightest star in the big W just West (left) of the North star.( second star from the left/up end.)! If you have some binoculars and a fairly dark site it should be easy to find (a small fuzzy ball with NO tail.)

Dave and Jan Dennis .... do not believe anything they say about us!,, they just became SkP members too.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

What the heck is with people. We were in Williamsburg, Va yesterday and while waiting for a light to turn left, the guy in front of us starts backing up!!! Doesn't anyone look!!! We couldn't get out of the way fast enough and he hit us. No damage to the car, but our tow bar in front is bent.

Ed jumped out and so did the guy. Admitted he never looked in his mirror. So now begins the long process of getting that fixed. Glad we are here for the summer.

Dang! Life is challenging out there. We once had a guy back into us in a parking lot. He tried to say we hit him but we weren't moving at all. Fortunately, there were three of us in our car and we could smell the liquor on his breath so he gave up his claim pretty easily.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I went to H&R Block today. The only person there was a woman who didn't know much about taxes. But, I didn't find that out until she tried to do my taxes. She didn't know the difference between income, Dividends and Capitol Gains. With my help by stopping her every time she tried to lump them together we finally got the forms made out. After I got back home And reviewed the tax forms, I noticed that she hadn't reported 600 and some odd dollars of short term gains. I went back and she tried to figure out hoW to enter them and was getting no where. I finally told her I wanted my forms reviewed by the manager. I was told she wouldn't be back till Sarurday. So I guess I wait till Saturday. I owe a couple thousand but I won't send that in until I see if the manager has to send an amended tax form to the IRS. The one the gal did today was sent electronically before I got back there.

The good news is my new 25 x 100mm binoculars came this evening. The sky was completely covered with clouds as it was getting dark. But, an hour later they had all disapated. So I got a chance to try it out. I found the comet, Andromeda galaxy, the two side by side galaxies in Ursa Major, M42 in Orion. Venus, Mars and Jupiter and it's moons. A hand full of star clusters but couldn'the find M33. It's pretty faint and with all the light pollution around here, I just couldn't pull it out. One of the group mentioned they were down by Rodeo, NM. That area around Rodeo, Animas and Portal. Is beautiful. There are a couple Astronomy Villages in that area taking advantage of the dark skies.

A very busy day today, I about finished the padded case for my telescope. All I need is to fix some sort of cloth dust cover for it. I've also become the park advisor with out my vote on it. My shop was full of people seeking advice on every thing from love affairs to mechanical problems all day. I don't know why they think I should know anything about love affairs. I have many friends who also happen to be girls but I don't have any Girl Friends. I was tired and hungry when one of my Cowgirls suggested going out for pizza. So now I'm full of Pizza.

They all know that you are dripping with information and are trying to soak it all up. You will never be alone!! Or have no pizza :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve and Jeff,

Roger[/quote

A little Mexican surprise. Hope we don't have trouble crossing the border. LOL!

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Steve and Jeff,

Roger[/quote

A little Mexican surprise. Hope we don't have trouble crossing the border. LOL!

Hope it's not the Mexican Two Step. :P

On another front, YOUR bronco's will have YOUR favorite Manning at QB for yet another year. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Julie: Dave and Jan got here this evening. I took them out to the Adobe Deli for dinner. We had a contest to see who could tell the biggest story about you. I told the truth one time and he gave up and said he couldn't top that Whopper. A very nice couple. But fill us in about the running water.

I broke down and bought a sewing machine today. Now all I need is one of my cowgirls to run it. I'll let them all know I have it. Then when they ask to borrow it I'll tell them they will have to try it out on some of the stuff I have that needs mending first. I haven't had time to try it out as yet. Maybe tomorrow will have a few spare moments I can use to give it a whirl.

Hi Gang

I hope some of you remember us. Just haven't been posting much. I wanted to let you know our new Space Craft 5er should be ready for delivery in two weeks. We are going regularly to see the progress. It is nice to talk things over with the people that are doing the hands-on build. We have been waiting for 11 months to get to this point.

If someone can explain how to do it, we will post build pictures.

Safe travels

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com