The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I'm sitting here this morning waiting for my house cleaner to show up to get the other half of the house livable. I want to get with Freddie and Delcie one more time before they get underway. I'll shoot for tomorrow for that. I'm fairly sure that the gear box for their side didn't get here last week. Jimmy was closed on Friday so it could have come Friday but Freddy wouldn't have been able to get it with Jimmy's being closed for the Easter Holiday. I don't think it will take very long for my house cleaning man to finish up. Maybe I'll be able to call Freddy tonight and have dinner at the Adobe Deli with them tonight. I know they are anxious to get back on the road. I just got an email from my Niece they are all anticipating my last return to the east and have all kinds of stuff planned for my visit. I'd rather just sit on the porch and enjoy their company. I don't plan on staying more that 3 or 4 days, a week at the most. I'll take the northern route back and just drift along in my old style. Lord knows how long it will take to get back to Northern New Mexico where I'll test out the altitude and see how far up I can go to stay cool this summer. Next year I have to return to South Dakota to get my Drivers license renewed. In a way I'm looking forward to that. I might get lost in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho for the rest of that summer.

I'm trying to discharge the new battery in this old computer so I can condition it a little more before I start using it in a normal way. The battery will last a lot longer If it is properly conditions and then used instead of just plugging into AC every time I use it. I think I'll get in the habit of recharging it every time I go on shore power to charge my golf cart which is about every 3rd day. I wish this computer had a low battery warning instead of just turning off automatically when the battery gets below 10%.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want a card I want to be a card carrying member Thanks.

If you have a good credit card you can take the gang to Silly Al's in Quartzsite next January. That will go a long way towards getting you accepted.

Linda Sand

ps. If you don't understand that's a joke you may have trouble fitting in to this group. :)

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, we lifted our jacks yesterday morning in Hawthorne Nevada and got the wild hair to stay on the road until we reached Grants Pass, Oregon. 460 mile travel day, the good thing is most of it was 2 lane highway in some very pretty country. The bad this is it was 460 miles, the longest travel day we have had in our 3 years of being on the road and I hope the record holds forever!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Well, we lifted our jacks yesterday morning in Hawthorne Nevada and got the wild hair to stay on the road until we reached Grants Pass, Oregon. 460 mile travel day, the good thing is most of it was 2 lane highway in some very pretty country. The bad this is it was 460 miles, the longest travel day we have had in our 3 years of being on the road and I hope the record holds forever!!

Crikey man, were ya tryin' to beat the weather or something? What time did you guys role in? Can't blame ya though...been guilty of doin' that a few times myself...ask poor Lynn! :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Geez guys, just a little bit more and you could have been out on the coast. :P My longest day so far has been Sutherlinn, OR to Bakersfield, CA, just a tad over 750 miles. Not one I care to repeat. However last November I ended up doing Pahrump, NV to Red Bluff, CA in one day. Air quality in Bakersfield was to bad for me to stop. Again not a day I care to repeat.

So how far north you guys planning to go?

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Geez guys, just a little bit more and you could have been out on the coast. :P My longest day so far has been Sutherlinn, OR to Bakersfield, CA, just a tad over 750 miles. Not one I care to repeat. However last November I ended up doing Pahrump, NV to Red Bluff, CA in one day. Air quality in Bakersfield was to bad for me to stop. Again not a day I care to repeat.

So how far north you guys planning to go?

Joe

We will hang out here for a month and then go to Portland for 2 weeks. Then back to Grants Pass for one week, back to Portland for a week and then up into Idaho and eastward from there. Plans are made in Jello of course.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Well after today the house is spic and span and I've got reservations at the Adobe Deli for tomorrow night for 4 people. The Prather's and a cowgirl I'm going to bring along for the ride. I've got my insurance papers now so I can get that off my mind before I head for SC. I've got to do a little book work tomorrow and my cleanup guy is going to be here in the morning to check and air the tires and grease the equalizer bars on my hitch. So I feel pretty safe about being ready to go on the 14th. It will feel good to get back on the road again. I might just never come back. That is until I start aching in every joint again and it starts taking me a week just to check tires and hook up the trailer. Then I might think about it. However I think I"ll limit driving days to 250 miles. Do you hear that hdrider. Shissssh, don't tell him I drove all the way from Q to Deming when I left the Classless class this February. But I got an excuse. I missed the turn off in Benson. and you know men can't admit they missed a turn and will never go back to pick it up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well after today the house is spic and span and I've got reservations at the Adobe Deli for tomorrow night for 4 people. The Prather's and a cowgirl I'm going to bring along for the ride. I've got my insurance papers now so I can get that off my mind before I head for SC. I've got to do a little book work tomorrow and my cleanup guy is going to be here in the morning to check and air the tires and grease the equalizer bars on my hitch. So I feel pretty safe about being ready to go on the 14th. It will feel good to get back on the road again. I might just never come back. That is until I start aching in every joint again and it starts taking me a week just to check tires and hook up the trailer. Then I might think about it. However I think I"ll limit driving days to 250 miles. Do you hear that hdrider. Shissssh, don't tell him I drove all the way from Q to Deming when I left the Classless class this February. But I got an excuse. I missed the turn off in Benson. and you know men can't admit they missed a turn and will never go back to pick it up.

Q to D in one day Lee? That's crazy too! And Joe, remind me to never travel with you either...LOL! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I want a card I want to be a card carrying member Thanks.

You must have really been searching through this forum to find that post on joining rules way back in January of 2013. That's what we've always said about being a card-carrying member. You "gotta" start as a full-timer, you "gotta" post on the forum and you "gotta" attend a get together with the group in January. Keep posting and you'll eventually get one of those cards.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We're driving 100 miles tomorrow. Should we make that in one day or try for two?

I dunno Jeri, seems a bit far...we're moving 28 miles today. That's gonna change soon when the weather does too. Probably will pick up the pace through Nebraska and "tornado alley"! :unsure:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I dunno Jeri, seems a bit far...we're moving 28 miles today. That's gonna change soon when the weather does too. Probably will pick up the pace through Nebraska and "tornado alley"! :unsure:

Roger

Golly, 28 miles! I hope you get wherever you're going before dark. That's quite a stretch.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Golly, 28 miles! I hope you get wherever you're going before dark. That's quite a stretch.

We should be okay if I can just get Lynn outta bed! :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We will hang out here for a month and then go to Portland for 2 weeks. Then back to Grants Pass for one week, back to Portland for a week and then up into Idaho and eastward from there. Plans are made in Jello of course.

Right on, looks like your gonna miss the beautiful San Juan Islands of the PNW all they have to offer though. :(

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Q to D in one day Lee? That's crazy too! And Joe, remind me to never travel with you either...LOL! :P

Roger

Roger, hmmmm seems to me that we would have been in the same RV Resort in Bakersfield had I stopped last November. :P When the Air Quality is as bad as it was then, I will always continue on. Took several Ibuprofen and 300 miles to get rid of the headache that happened from just driving through Bakersfield that day. My original plan was to spend several days in Bakersfield visiting family. Would not have been a good time as I would have been down with a splitting headache the whole time. Not the way I normally travel though.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We're driving 100 miles tomorrow. Should we make that in one day or try for two?

I'm with Roger on this one, actually think you should take it easier on yourself and split that into 3 days travel time. :huh:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Roger, hmmmm seems to me that we would have been in the same RV Resort in Bakersfield had I stopped last November. :P When the Air Quality is as bad as it was then, I will always continue on. Took several Ibuprofen and 300 miles to get rid of the headache that happened from just driving through Bakersfield that day. My original plan was to spend several days in Bakersfield visiting family. Would not have been a good time as I would have been down with a splitting headache the whole time. Not the way I normally travel though.

Joe

I hear ya Joe. The air quality was pretty bad when we were there. Bothered us both...gonna avoid central CA from now on!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I hear ya Joe. The air quality was pretty bad when we were there. Bothered us both...gonna avoid central CA from now on!

Roger

No kidding, only reason I even attempt to visit Central CA is family. And I grew up 45 miles north of Bakersfield. Believe me, the air was not bad back then. Of course we traveled in covered wagons then. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I am joining the short movers, we have 200 miles tomorrow. and 75 the next day. That is a long trip with a new trailer. I checked the air pressure and lug nuts yesterday. I took the one millionth look around today. Planning on leaving early about 8 am. There is only one other camper in the park, so not worried about waking a bunch of people.

safe travels

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Our first year on the road was mainly 80 to 150 mile moves once a week and that was perfect. It took us a year to get across the USA LOL!! So our normal vote would be for breaking that 100 miles up into 2 days.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

We had a party of 4 at the Adobe Deli tonight. I took one of my cowgirls so Delcie would have another woman to yak with. It did liven up the party and everyone seemed to have fun. My timing was a little off. I was supposed to pick up Margie at 4:55 and the Prather's at 5:15. Some how I got to Margie's at 4:50 and the Prather's at 5:05 which put us at the Deli at 5: 20 for a 5:45 reservation. Oh well everything turned out OK anyway. I hope for their sake that the Gear Box is at Jimmy's tomorrow when Freddy checks in with him. They have been broke down long enough. And with me trying to get ready to leave next week I haven't had time to go over there much to visit with them.

The Maintenance man was supposed to be here this morning to check my tires and grease the hitch. He didn't make it. I may have misunderstood him. He may have meant next Sunday just before I leave on Tuesday. Or he got tied up with some problem here in the park. Anyway, He will get here sometime and even if he didn't I can still do those jobs. I need the wheels re-torqued also. They haven't been re-torqued sense I had the wheels bearing packed about a month ago. I'll torque them again after I drive about 50 miles or the first rest area which ever comes first.

geez. I'm going to have to break the 4 mile trip to Wally World into 2 segments now. I hope this don't get down to the trip to the bathroom at night. I might not make it.

We finally got our pin unstuck from Havasu and moved all the way up the road to Lake Mohave. We are at a free NPS campground right on the lake, recommended by Brad and Marilyn. The camping here is awesome, the lake is gorgeous and the 4 mile trek down the washboard road was....memorable. I forgot that Brad prides himself on getting his rig into some great, but difficult spots. We made it, but Paul says we won't be coming back :)

On to Vegas for a DRV rally tomorrow....

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/