The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

After nearly four months in AZ it's finally time to make the migration slowly north. We're heading out of Benson on Thursday and will stop over in Deming, NM at the SKP park there for two nights. Lee, are you available for lunch or something on Friday? I can even bring my own cowgirl...in fact, the one I have in mind insists on it! :D

Roger

Now that was cute. Lee may want you to bring another one for him!! :wub:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After nearly four months in AZ it's finally time to make the migration slowly north. We're heading out of Benson on Thursday and will stop over in Deming, NM at the SKP park there for two nights. Lee, are you available for lunch or something on Friday? I can even bring my own cowgirl...in fact, the one I have in mind insists on it! :D

Roger

I'm always available for lunch. Bring a bunch of those cowgirls. Mine are all attending the rally we have going on this week. Did I give you my card with my phone number? If not let me know and I'll send an email. We'll have a ball talking about JERI ( and others )

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Stop reading my mind. That is private material. Or should I thank you for reminding me what I was thinking?

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We have landed near New Braunfels, Tx. for the next month. Boy, it's green around here. We'll catch our breath and try to get some work done on the rv. I found a mirror online in Jackson, Ms. It should be here by the end of the week. Got here just in time for a potluck dinner tonight.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Boy I've got all kinds of company. A retired news photographer I met 4 or 5 years ago stopped by today on his way to Tucson. The last time I saw him was in Goliad Texas. They were newby RV's. She had accidently turned a gas burner to low instead of off. The flame blew out and filled the rig with gas. he came over to my rig and ask why his toilet was smelling so bad. I went to his place to investigate and the second he opened the door I said that ain't the john It's propane. he didn't believe me. I convinced him to turn the gas off at the bottles and open the door to let it air. He called the repair place in Victoria and they told him to bring it right over. Between his wife and my self we convinced him to leave the gas off and drive with the vent open. when he got to Victoria the rv plazce told him the same thing "It's gas" and found the burner that was on. When they got back his wife made him come over and apalogize to me for not listening to what I had told him. Any way we chatted an hour or so and he went on to Tucson. He had no more than got out of the park when Freddy called a said they were at the SKP park in town and their slide-out was stuck in the out position. the motor runs but just free wheels. I told him how to get to Jimmy's RV. I hope he can help or at least order the parts and tell Freddy how to change them. We'll make plans to do a little socializing tomorrow then if Roger gets here Friday we can really hatch up some good lies about the rest of you?

Boy I've got all kinds of company. A retired news photographer I met 4 or 5 years ago stopped by today on his way to Tucson. The last time I saw him was in Goliad Texas. They were newby RV's. She had accidently turned a gas burner to low instead of off. The flame blew out and filled the rig with gas. he came over to my rig and ask why his toilet was smelling so bad. I went to his place to investigate and the second he opened the door I said that ain't the john It's propane. he didn't believe me. I convinced him to turn the gas off at the bottles and open the door to let it air. He called the repair place in Victoria and they told him to bring it right over. Between his wife and my self we convinced him to leave the gas off and drive with the vent open. when he got to Victoria the rv plazce told him the same thing "It's gas" and found the burner that was on. When they got back his wife made him come over and apalogize to me for not listening to what I had told him. Any way we chatted an hour or so and he went on to Tucson. He had no more than got out of the park when Freddy called a said they were at the SKP park in town and their slide-out was stuck in the out position. the motor runs but just free wheels. I told him how to get to Jimmy's RV. I hope he can help or at least order the parts and tell Freddy how to change them. We'll make plans to do a little socializing tomorrow then if Roger gets here Friday we can really hatch up some good lies about the rest of you?

We'll be there Lee. Looking forward to seeing Freddy and Delcie Again. Hopefully, they've got those slides fixed by the time we get there. Perhaps you could dial back the "drama meter" a tad? Had enough of that myself the past year...LOL! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We'll be there Lee. Looking forward to seeing Freddy and Delcie Again. Hopefully, they've got those slides fixed by the time we get there. Perhaps you could dial back the "drama meter" a tad? Had enough of that myself the past year...LOL! :P

Roger

A unique place to eat in Deming is Adobe Deli. They have great Reuben sandwiches! Hope your travel there is without problems!

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

IYQ quit hatching that stuff it might take root and grow!! :o

Jeri, Lee took us to the Adobe Deli, and you're right it is a unique place. Denise was there with us too and she ordered ribs and they sent out a plate with a giant sword stuck in it impaling the ribs WOW!

We just got the last site at the Elks in Prescott. You have to reserve them now and we didn't know that. The place if full, so we lucked out. On the way here from Carona, Calif. we stopped and met Tom and Dianne in Q. Of course we all had to go to Silly Al's and get a couple of giant pizza's in the process. We parked out north of town and caught up on all the latest, and of course, talked about all of you (you know who you are)! :lol: It was great to see them again, and the drive over here to Prescott was pleasant with hardly any traffic. I forgot how steep the climb out of Congress was, but we went through Kirkland and Skull Valley, so getting to Prescott was a fun drive. Now we are going to see a couple of Carol's cousins and then head up the hill to Oklahoma. Ok, it's up and over a bit, but unless the tornado yesterday blew it all away we'll still be able to visit some of it. Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

IYQ quit hatching that stuff it might take root and grow

Oh it deffinately grows. Every time we re-tell one of those Woppers.

Freddy & Delcie and yours truly just got back from dinner at the Truck stop. Lots of stories were told but Lynn and Rodger just stayed home to unwind. The Beaver gave them fits on the road today getting here. We decided to make it a party of 5 at the Adobe Deli tomorrow night. I tried to get a few chores done today so that I don't have to rush getting ready to leave on the 14th. I had half the people in the park stopping by to chat. I did get two small jobs out of the way but thats all. I'll try again in the morning.

I think I mentioned having hip pain every night and not able to get much sleep. I could sit in my office chair and not have pain but really didn't sleep very sound either. Today I ordered a Bed Wedge so I can sleep on my back partially sitting up. Maybe it will do the trick. when I lie flat on my back I have trouble breathing but not so sitting slouched in my chair so maybe a slight incline will let me sleep and breath too. I'll find out when it gets here.

Edited by IYQ

Jeri, Lee took us to the Adobe Deli, and you're right it is a unique place. Denise was there with us too and she ordered ribs and they sent out a plate with a giant sword stuck in it impaling the ribs WOW!

I think Adobe Deli is one place everyone needs to visit. It is very unique and the food is wonderful!

I think I mentioned having hip pain every night and not able to get much sleep.

Have you had x-rays on that hip to see if something that can be fixed is causing it? It's definitely no fun to have pain.

Sounds like you have quite a group there! No talking about anyone!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I think Adobe Deli is one place everyone needs to visit. It is very unique and the food is wonderful!

Have you had x-rays on that hip to see if something that can be fixed is causing it? It's definitely no fun to have pain.

Sounds like you have quite a group there! No talking about anyone!

No not yet. I think it's Arthur Itis the scum bag. I'm afraid if I go to the doc now they will load me up with appointment and mess up my trip to SC. That's what happened last year I went for a physical, mentioned being short of breath and got stuck here the whole year going to appointments. None of which did any good. All I got was being told I was 85 and could expect being short of breath. So I fired all the Doctors, stopped taking all the meds and went to Q for the get togather and feel a lot better now. I'll go to the bone and joint clinic when I get back.

Hey Sue & Paul,,,we are in Havasu for a few more days. We should try to get together for a burger & a beer or something if you aren't to busy.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We had planned to have a party of 5 at Adobe Deli tonight but Lynn passed out this morning scaring the devil out of Rodger. She was feeling better this evening but not good enough to be going out. So, I went over to the SKP park about a half hour early so I'd get a chance to visit with them befor they pull out in the morning heading for freight Liner in Albaquerque. I no more than got there when Freddy & Delcie showed up. Delcie got fed up with some guy at happy hour so they left early and stopped to visit with Lynn and Rodger too. We had reservations at the deli so the three of us said by by and headed for the deli. They ordered the ribs. When they came Freddy got the job of getting them off the sword. I think he came away thinking it was a whole lot easier to Bulldog those dogies on the range, maybe even a full size steer. They must have been good. We didn't even talk about you folks and all plates were clean as a whistle when we left. Jimmy's RV got a hold of the company that made the gear box for Freddy's slide out and ordered a new one. It should get here early next week. Freddy can install it and save a couple hundred When it gets here.

Edited by IYQ

Hey Sue & Paul,,,we are in Havasu for a few more days. We should try to get together for a burger & a beer or something if you aren't to busy.

Dave,

We'll have to see how long we all stick around. Our son flew in from Boston and Paul hasn't seen him in 2 years so we are focused on him rught now :)

We'll check with you guys after he leaves to go back to all the snow!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Dave,

We'll have to see how long we all stick around. Our son flew in from Boston and Paul hasn't seen him in 2 years so we are focused on him rught now :)

Sue

Fully understandable, have a great visit and if we don't hook up this time we will give it another shot next time through. Maybe we will just go drive around looking for that sign on your lot LOL!!!

And I promise we won't leave any geocach's (spelling) that look like old Indian artifacts that would hold up anything.

Edited by hdrider

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Fully understandable, have a great visit and if we don't hook up this time we will give it another shot next time through. Maybe we will just go drive around looking for that sign on your lot LOL!!!

And I promise we won't leave any geocach's (spelling) that look like old Indian artifacts that would hold up anything.

haha !literally laughed out loud at that :)

The lot is being graded in the next day or so, so your restraint is appreciated!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I've got an old "spotted owl" nest that we could use. :ph34r:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Dave,

Sue

Wow, good about the son!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

My old computer finally bit the dust. I can't get it to enable the Network card. everything else works ok but lately it required rebooting several times to get the network card going. Now rebooting doesn't do anything but waste time. I haven't been doing much today. I haven't felt that good. Just tire and run down from not getting good sleep. I dumped the tanks this morning and refilled the Fresh tank and that is about it for the day. Now with my old computer out of service I'll just have to cuss at Windows 8.1, grin and bare it. I sure don't like 8.1 it's not intuitive at all. Everything is hid. You just got to hunt a poke until you run across what ever your looking for. Using the HP desktop helps but not much. Oh well I'll survive. maybe. I think the trouble with the old computer is the BIO's is corrupted. I can't even find the menu for the Network adaptor. The Device manager says the Network adapter is working properly buy half the time it isn't even listed then the next time you reboot it list it ok but says it's disabled in the BIOS. I didn't disable it but it first happened right after I installed Windows up dates. Oh well now I have something to grip about.

Google up your computer dis-assembly manual and take it apart, a clean and wiggle everything session can quite often revive something that isn't working.

If nothing else you'll know how to get the good bits out of it before you scrap it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Well, we made it into Albuquerque yesterday without any incident. Decided to scrap Carlsbad and Roswell and head straight up to the Freightliner shop.We're still going to make an appointment and have them do a thorough check up. Hopefully, they can find an explanation for the ABS and ATC idiot lights going off on the dash and momentary loss off power steering. I put it out on the Beaver Forum about it and the consensus was a probable wheel speed sensor or its circuit. Another lesson in MH ownership!

As Lee had previously mentioned, Lynn blacked out and fainted on the floor the other day. I'm thinkin' it might be the lack of food AND some stress from the RV glitch thing. She has a real paranoia about gettin' the RV towed...twice is enough. Now that we've made it safe and sound to our destination she seems perky again! However, when we're back to see the docs soon you can bet that I'll make sure they hear about this "episode".

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

As Lee had previously mentioned, Lynn blacked out and fainted on the floor the other day. I'm thinkin' it might be the lack of food AND some stress from the RV glitch thing.

When I got light headed and dizzy in an exercise class they sent me to have my blood pressure checked. It seems when you go on a very low-salt diet while taking BP meds you can get your pressure low enough that not enough blood reaches your brain. Just something you might want to have Lynn check out.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Rodger I hope you get the Beaver fixed for good. You have spent way too much time in Repair facilities.

Today I watered trees then had lunch in town. I had gone to town to get some tools for the shop. When I first got the shop I took tools from the trailer to use in the shop. Every time I needed a tool it was always in the other location. So today I got duplicates, one for both places. I ate lunch at Denny's. Big mistake. The place was packed with Church people. It took me nearly 2 hours to get a sandwich. Deming has a billion Mexican restaurants and every one of them are closed on Sunday. When I got back to the Ranch I was so tired I just had to take a Steve. I woke up just in time for Happy Hour, went over there and shot the bull for a while then came home to get dinner. But this computer got in the way and just turned it's self on (after I pushed the button) So, I had to get my two cent in and make a post. Now it's time for that dinner that I haven't started to make as yet.

Hey Roger, we hope you get the coach AND Lynn fixed up real good. Neither of them laying out cold sound like a sight anyone wants to see.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500