The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Leaving Mesa today as we will only drive down the road a short ways to Casa Grande... see you on down the road...

We know and love it. Any eating out advice etc. we can help you there. Enjoy.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just came back from the Adobe Deli with Delcie and Freddy. Um was that pork chop good. I just gained back all the weight I've tried to loose so far this year. We did a lot of gabbing about everyone and especially that old lady that flew past me yesterday in the wind storm. Jeri are your ears ringing. LOL. Freddy is still laughing about that one, Thanks Jerry. I was supposed to pick up the Prathers at 5:00 PM at 4:00 the ranch manager got my ear about goat heads and wouldn't let loose. I finally got loose about 4:20 but had to run to town and get my laundry then come back to the ranch to get all the stuff out of my truck and the get to the SKP park to pick up the Prathers. I only missed it by 5 minutes but boy was I flying. I think I passed that lady on the bicycle a few times. But the evening turned out to be very enjoyable so that's all that counts. ImnSKPrU

TID BITS:

The near earth asteroid 1999 RQ36 is 1500 feet wide. it has been identified as a potentially dangerous Asteroid with a one in 1000 chance of colliding with Earth in the year 2182. In 2016 NASA plans to launch an unmanned mission to the asteroid to collect samples. This will allow us to collect valuable information about its composition and spin, allowing for a more accurate calculation of its likely orbit and likely future collision with our planet. Duck.

NASA says that the odds of you getting killed by an asteroid is 1 in 700,000, You have less chance at winning the Sweepstakes. Is your life insurance police up to date?

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks Lee, at least I've got plenty of time to duck! I'm not that fast anymore. I used to be able to check my own brake lights in my younger days. :rolleyes:

Just got back from a Bob Seger concert in San Diego. What a blast! That old gray headed guy still has it!! And the "Silver Bullet Band" crazy good. Did a lot of his old songs and a few new ones. The hall was packed and LOUD!! Now I will have to slink into a quiet cave for awhile and let my ears rest. The Elks club is just 7 miles from the venue so that was great. A couple of the band members have been with him since 1970, boy is that ever job security. You should have seen the audience, I told carol that there are probably more artificial hips, knees, and shoulders here than in the Mayo Clinic!! :lol: Geritol was probably the drink of choice, but they were all "rockin". Two or three encores and they "turned the page"! We just heard from a friend of Carol's that she had been to his concert in Kansas City, so we looked on line and found out he was going to be in San Diego in a week. As they say "timing is everything", so we lucked out. Now back to real life and "when do I dump the tanks :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Where does one find the "pin map" in order to use it?

90 days and counting.

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Where does one find the "pin map" in order to use it?

90 days and counting.

The map we move our pin on is reserved for after you have attended one of our winter get togethers usually late January in Quartzsite Arizona. That's where we'll get to know each other. At that time Jeri (wanderin') will give you the URL and password. Because all of our members exact location is on that site we keep it private until after we have met in person. Mean while keep posting here on the forum and get to know what the members are doing all year, ask any questions you'd like and start becoming part of our family. I'm sure you'll find us to be a very nice bunch of people. Well maybe not that cranky old man IYQ. OH, WAIT THAT'S ME.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Ahhh, the super secret handshake. I get it. Hope to be that direction next winter.

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Ahhh, the super secret handshake. I get it. Hope to be that direction next winter.

Nah, the only hand shake we have is Joe and it's not very secret. And that only happens the next morning after he polishes off some of that Baaaaaaaaaaaaad Whisky. The map tells exactly where everyone is. We use it to see who's trail we may be crossing on our travels during the year. So we can call them and arrange a night out or dinner or just meet and talk. We just don't think we should be giving that information to anyone we haven't met. I know I wouldn't want someone I've never seen showing up at my door in a strange place. Other than the map site we have no rules, no officers and no official meetings. Everything we do is planned right here on the SKP forum and all SKP's are welcome to join in. If we mention something we'd like to do and enough people agree and would like to join in. We do it. So join in we may (read I probably will) take everything you say, out of context, miss understand it, embelish it until it's un recognizable and toss it right back at you. But I smile while doing it. :) ImnSKP,RU

GANG;No tid bits tonight, I haven't had time to prepare one. Besides now that I've got Steve ducking. I want to keep him that way.

Linda, we checked out the Railroad Museum at Balboa Park today. What a setup! We'll probably have to go back again to see everything. They have a whole new room laid out and ready for the landscape builders to start. I can see where you probably had fun running that setup. Then of course there's the beautiful building it's housed in. We stayed there for dinner at the Prado restaurant and it was a fine place to eat. So much for our monthly food budget........Steve

Oh yeah I have to duck :ph34r:

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We are still here in Lake Havasu City, with my brother visiting for the last week. Oh yeah, and his wife.

Still looking at property and cross your fingers, if all goes as planned (like THAT ever happens) the term "fulltimer" may not apply to us anymore....strange idea, that.

Sue

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Nah, the only hand shake we have is Joe and it's not very secret. And that only happens the next morning after he polishes off some of that Baaaaaaaaaaaaad Whisky. So join in we may (read I probably will) take everything you say, out of context, miss understand it, embelish it until it's un recognizable and toss it right back at you. But I smile while doing it. :) ImnSKP,RU

Huh, what, errr, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Whiskey did you say? Count Me and Steve in for some. ;) And there I was just traveling down the road minding my own bidness when up jumped that Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Whiskey. Whew sure am glad I managed to get parked at Spiker's RV Resort before it totally took over. Hmmmmmm think it's time for another Steve,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joe

Oh and welcome to the forum and all that stuff that IYQ guy said. :D

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Steve, Glad you enjoyed the railroad; we sure did. It was not nearly as far along then as it is now. I'd like to go back someday and see all the improvements. We operated on the N-scale layout there, too. Showed them my uncoupling tool for N-scale equipment and they all went and bought some. I am famous in some places and infamous in others. Kinda like IYQ. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Freddy, Delcie and I went out to the Truck stop for dinner tonight. Was good but the conversation was even better. It took us over 2 hours to eat but that was because we were doing so much talking. I worked on the padded case for my telescope today. I got the box almost done but had too many visitors and besides I figured it would be best to let the glue dry before I did too much banging on it. I've ordered the faux leather to cover it with. It won't be here for about a week so there is no use hurrying to get the box done. I scribbled down a few things to say in TID BITS today but it was about knowing where to look for the Iridium flares. I got back from dinner too late so the info is no longer valid. The flare done flared. I think I need a secretary if I'm going to write one every night. I think I'll go back to writing one only when I read something that I think might be interesting to a few people. That usually happens when it rains or is very windy.

infamous in others. Kinda like IYQ. Hey I stand on my prostitutional rights and Represent that Remark.;)

Okay friends. Opinions wanted. There is a flood warning for Quartzsite - Sun 5pm to Mon 5pm. We are at Plomosa Road and it is very windy. We could move to higher ground within 5 minutes. Weather man could be wrong. We could move on down the road to Havasu. What do you think?

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Okay friends. Opinions wanted. There is a flood warning for Quartzsite - Sun 5pm to Mon 5pm. We are at Plomosa Road and it is very windy. We could move to higher ground within 5 minutes. Weather man could be wrong. We could move on down the road to Havasu. What do you think?

Don't wait, move to higher ground now. Could be that nothing comes of it, but should it flood, you will have next to NO warning.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

If you are in or near a wash move, you likely will not have five minutes warning. Even with the fairly flat ground out there you can get a lot of water movement, you should be able to see evidence (erosion or high water marks) of past storms around you if you are in a problem area.

If you aren't on a wash then you will likely be fine where you are but may see any low spots between you and the pavement a bit soft for a couple days.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

This morning about 3:45 I woke up freezing. The Blue flame heater had gone out. I lit it again and went back to bed. It didn't seem to be getting any warmer so i got up again and sure enough it had gone out and wouldn't lite again. I knew i had gas so I dressed and went out to see if I had forgot to open the valve on the last tank I had filled. It was open. So I got a pair of pliers cause that was all I could find. I tapped on the valve and after about ten taps it opened the emergency cut off valve and all was working fine again. But no way could I go back to sleep. So I've been a zomby all day. I ran all over town getting groceries (no milk for breakfast) I ate breakfast in town. I went to the hardware and got some spray glue for the scope case I'm building and fueled the truck then worked in my shop trying to stay awake the rest of the day. I hope I have a better night tonight.

I hope I have a better night tonight.

The night after a bad one is usually very good indeed.

Unless the reason for the bad night is a head cold. Please, pass the cough drops. Sure wish I had some Nyquill on hand. It's challenging being here with no car to go get stuff like that. The next bus to Target goes Monday at 6:30 pm then I have to kill about an hour there until time for the bus to bring me home. At least coming home it drops me right at my door. Maybe I should buy some chicken soup and a pan to heat it in? It's not on the approved food list here because of the high sodium and the noodles not being whole grain but I'm willing to go off plan if it helps me feel better quicker. Two weeks until I go home then I have to decide how closely I'm going to follow the guidelines here once I get there. I like the results I'm getting here but I have just a touch of rebellion in me still. Bet you all have trouble seeing me as rebellious. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I'm over in my shop today trying to get a few things done but still feeling a little groggy from all the excitement the night before last. I did get the wood part of the telescope case done and now waiting on the covering to get here. It's a pretty day today. There is a little wind but not bad. The temperature in the shop with the door open is 75. Just right. I finally got my new laser pointer that was held up because of the winter storms east of here. It's not exactly what I expected but will do. I still have two packages wandering around back there some where. I hope they find their way again soon. I want to take a trip in my little trailer to try it out.

We moved to higher ground! Much higher, in fact, we are the second most northerly of the class. It rained almost all day from Quartzsite to Overton, Nevada. We are really happy to be here on familiar ground. 28 channels of tv, wifi works great, free water, laundramat and good grocery shopping. If you have never tried Overton, do.

We saw a huge fire from our bedroom window at bedtime last night. We were concerned that it was a rig burning but in the morning we saw that it was the garbage dump.

Also, ever planning on leaving Quartzsite on a Sunday and expecting The Pit Shop to be open at this time of year. Nada. Luckily two dump stations are credit card operated. The water however is all shut off. Thank good for our water bladder.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png