How long would this be legally

Wrknrvr

Let’s say there is finally a self driving car.  Or more styles like a jeep that is self driving.

Think about it.

No tow bar needed.

Heck I mite take several different ones behind us.

So what would my overall length be.

really bored in Arizona,   Vern

56 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

Let’s say there is finally a self driving car. 

No tow bar needed

Heck I mite take several different ones behind us.

really bored in Arizona,   Vern

Yes your thinking and I wondering who would receive the traffic tickets for the self driving vehicle. It wouldn't be a vehicle in tow but maybe the lead car of a caravan?

Bored in AZ, the AU ladies Basketball in Tucson has some exciting Games going on. It is a little difference than men playing (not as much pushing) but they are better looking.

Clay in Texas

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I would think that a self driving car would only drive the posted speed limit or a certain miles an hour above it. But if you set the cruise to 90 and then hit self drive, I would think that the ticket would be on the one behind the wheel. After all, you are in the drivers seat.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Let’s say I am 65’ long with the fifth wheel. Then I have two self doing cars following. One Smart car to fit that gang. Then maybe a corvette for that gang of enthusiasts.

Just thinking.

Maybe a self driving pickup pull a horse trailer with horse in it.

Really bored ,   Vern  

1 hour ago, Wrknrvr said:

Let’s say I am 65’ long with the fifth wheel. Then I have two self doing cars following. One Smart car to fit that gang. Then maybe a corvette for that gang of enthusiasts.

Just thinking.

Maybe a self driving pickup pull a horse trailer with horse in it.

Really bored ,   Vern  

So, what happens when one of them doesn't show up at the destination?  Where do you go to look for it?  Who's going to fuel them up for you, or are they self-fueling also?

You said your were bored.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Vern, just get rid of all the extra cars and horses, and get motorcycles.  Put them where ever they fit and (in the words of DT) drive on.

BTW, I can tell you,  smart and a corvette, don't make great garage mates.  The Vette is gone, but we still have a smart.😁

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

they would pull off for scheduled fuel stops and be fueled by the station attendants. Paid for via a QR code displayed on the window.

GPS would track them on your mobile device so you could track them, give them waypoints and destinations and control their routes.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

14 minutes ago, Imurphy907 said:

they would pull off for scheduled fuel stops and be fueled by the station attendants. Paid for via a QR code displayed on the window.

GPS would track them on your mobile device so you could track them, give them waypoints and destinations and control their routes.

The only concern would be, your car spotting a cute little Tesla C and getting off course.

Ya, bored X 30.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

OK - I have copied all of this discussion and forwarded it to a time capsule server that will release it again for public view in 2070 (provided there is an Internet still around).  It will be interesting for some youngster to see how much comes true - but it won't be me.  AKA Dick Tracy and the Jetsons?  Remember Robin Williams in the movie RV attempted the self driving concept and really screwed up.  A good movie to re-watch if you are that bored.  BTW Vern, if you are in Arizona why do you care?  Doesn't Arizona allow something similar to a AU Road Train?  Just tie all the cars together with a rope and hit the highway! 😁

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Well now folks I gotta say a few things happened lately for excitement. We went on a ride towards Baghdad Az Sunday just looking around.

After leaving Hwy 89 north of Congress headed west about two miles there went a mule deer. Did not even know they were in Arizona. So when we got back I looked up there range. There are several subspecies of mule deer. One goes down into Mexico quit a distance.

Now that may not sound like much to some, but my normal day in Montana there are usually quit a few spotted on my travels for work to play.

Wife spotted a large Owl in a tree. Two wildlife sightings   in one day.

Now some Arizona history was also discovered on the adventure. I noticed a turbine pump sitting out on a platform on the north side?  Now who needed that much water in the dessert. Then there was this machine sitting on the left.

PvwoOdOl.jpgv  So what is it.

So then just after this machine there was a large orchard .  Water needed. Also on the right not far after the turbine pump there was a old irrigation system there with growing trees going up through the wheels and drivers. Water needed.

So on the way back i noticed there was a man made ditch that started on the north side of the road and headed all the way to that turbine pump. I mean a large long ditch. Most of the ditch was overgrown with trees so it was hard to really understand its purpose. Water needed again.

Old filling station for steam locomotives. That pump had a 8” pipe under the road to the area of the railroad tracks on the south side of the road. 

Not so bored, maybe,,,,  Vern

Vern,  that's some sort of threshing machine, for separating grain from the rest of the plant.  See the little elevator sticking up with the "Y" hanging down?  That's to direct the grain into a sack.  It has a diverter built in, so the operator could fill one sack while tying/removing the other, back and forth.

Most folks think driving across the plains is boring.  I find it fascinating.  But then, I'm just a little weird.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net