Cutting bed and mounting 5th wheel

Pete Kildow

New 8" saw blades came in at noon today. And burned through both of those. I got the outside and ends cut. Also got the skin off a few spots. So now I can get my fireproof blanket over everything. Will fire up the Torch in a few.

Both side cuts made.

YYINQrSl.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

End cuts and skin cut out of spots.

nMRCQRnl.jpg "border=0

Would have been done, if not for the weld in Gooseneck hitch. They had it built to hold a tank. And its causing extra work for sure.

Guess I'm getting old, should have taken me an hour. Took 3 hours to get this done.

event.png

14 hours ago, Pete Kildow said:

Guess I'm getting old, should have taken me an hour. Took 3 hours to get this done.

You gotta use the proper lubricant.  Notice the jar with the red lube, compliments of JB Morgan...  That's him behind the hood.  BTW, those are marischino cherries in the bottom of the jar........

4kIO0uVl.jpg

That jar now resides on my work bench.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Bed is cut out, all the braces are almost out of the way. Will take about an hour with the big side grinder to finish it out.  Would have finished it up today. But Heat index at 11am was 101. And I had to take a break.

hT0ssBHl.jpg "border=0

Still have to notch the side rail up front. To slide the rails through. Then drill my holes for mounting brackets. Set the TS3 in the hole. And hook the camper up. 😎

event.png

My summer camp area is East/SE of Edmonton which is like East of Eden only cooler.  

You can always tell a Alberta RV’er shopping for a rig:

Does it have a furnace? Does it have AC? both are often used in the same day.

Will the closet hold 3 weights of coats, rubber boots, insulated boots, mitts, sun hat, rain jacket 

😀

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I can only dream of cool weather. Here in West Tn, we have days all winter that shorts and the windows down. Is a normal day, or running the heater wide open. And bundled up like a bear. I fish all winter long. Some days it may be in the teens. But ice on our water is rare. Does happen in the dead water for a few days. But main rivers never freeze.

Green grass 10 months of the year.✂️:(

event.png

1 minute ago, noteven said:

Pete you can fish here in January in the middle of the lake complete without a boat 

😁

I agree and even own arctic Armor gear for fishing.  But like my ice in the cooler. 😎 Plus have fished in Dec and Jan here. And have a T shirt and shorts on by noon.

event.png

3 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Must be small lakes or you can cast really far........:P

They are jist really fwozen. 

Pete - you need a suit a warm clothes, good mukluks, and a “figh gallon pail” 

and some way to make a hole. 

Not big enough for the boat. Just the fish. 

I plan on not doing this for the foreseeable winters by the way. noteven interested.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Only 96 here today, not sure what the heat index was. But with the cutting torch running for a while. It was sure HOT. Got the 5th wheel sitting on the rails. Did that where I could make 100% sure it was where I wanted it. Before drilling the frame started. Not much room under the bed to drill the holes. Almost wished I had done what I though of first.

Set the bed off the truck , then do all this work. As it has 8 bolts in back, then 6 from the bed to the commercial 5th wheel rails. Would have saved time, along with letting me change out cab airbags the easy way.

5th wheel is within 1/4" of the height the Kodiak is. So that part is all good also.

Kazh9Vzl.jpg "border=0

event.png

On 9/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, Pete Kildow said:

I'm thinking after July 2020. Were going where the summer temps are nicer. Winters not so bad for me. But hot weather, not good.

I'm west of you, near Pickwick dam Tn.

I did a stint in Senatobia MS. 2 and a half hours west of Pickwick Dam, I remember the summers as brutal hot with no breeze, and the winters as cold and damp with constant wind.

I am back in sunny Central Florida, still brutal summers which last 11 and 1/2 months, almost always breezy, never as hot as Miss.

Wicked cold winters that can get below 50 degrees for a couple of terrible hours at a time that may last as long as 2 weeks.  Nearly unbearable.

We do plan our trips out of the heat around the July 4th holidays.  Try to find a cooler climate, usually somewhere with a mountain view.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

7 hours ago, Parrformance said:

I did a stint in Senatobia MS. 2 and a half hours west of Pickwick Dam, I remember the summers as brutal hot with no breeze, and the winters as cold and damp with constant wind.

I am back in sunny Central Florida, still brutal summers which last 11 and 1/2 months, almost always breezy, never as hot as Miss.

Wicked cold winters that can get below 50 degrees for a couple of terrible hours at a time that may last as long as 2 weeks.  Nearly unbearable.

We do plan our trips out of the heat around the July 4th holidays.  Try to find a cooler climate, usually somewhere with a mountain view.

Guy from Fl, Married one of my Aunts. He moved up to West Tn. And was happy as can be. Until June, July, August, Sept and part of Oct. He left mid Oct, told her. She could move to Fl or he would get a Divorce. Never seen him again.

He did not believe how bad the heat was here, Heat index over 100 most times. And Humid when its that. Today 101 and head index 108 at 2:30pm.

I did finish up the hitch. It came out to 50", same as on my Kodiak. Does look high with my dump trailer hooked up. But it's always high in front.

xTOo3ubl.jpg "border=0

Going to dump 2 sets of stairs, and 2 landings. We build new ones 2 months ago. I took the tractor loader, put all the old stuff in the dump trailer. Been sitting there so will get it dumped tomorrow. Be the first pull with the truck. Then will try it out with 10 tons of Base for a few trips. Gravel the RV shed where I can get in and out this winter.

event.png

Archived