Vegas Teacher

http://www.donvel.com/

Has anybody out there read about this company and the ride control air springs and bags you can add to your truck to smooth things out?

No it is not like I am wanting to go out and buy this tomorrow, I just thought this stuff looked interesting. I have a lot of other projects I need to do on the truck first, like the cab air bags and shocks, new tires...... Flyer tells me I have to get fenders over my drive tires, new head lights, body work and the list goes on. Truck pulls to the right, truck shakes between 45 and 60 then levels out at 65, new shocks on the front, I hope I don't need leaf springs yep just keeps going........ but like many have told me it is a marathon not a race and I don't have to have it done tomorrow. Keep the DW happy and all is good LOL, she is looking at tables for the living room any way, she owes me😲.

I know I have done a few posts today or recently. I have just been in the truck a lot lately and my mind wonders................. Toys on top of toys and toys made for toys.......... 

Been covered many times, with very little agreement, and no return from anyone who installed them. At least, not that I can remember. Basically, all they are is a one-way adjustable flow control. Full speed one way, reduced flow the other.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I had them on my Volvo on the rear bags and the cab bags but I changed cab then the rear bags and i noticed a huge difference every time. cab doesn’t move that much in the wind anymore and I had new bags and shocks on the cab so I believe they do help from moving air from one bag to the other and I would buy them again if I needed them. 

GCTaaehl.jpg

If you search, you will probably find my feedback on the product. Been installing Motion Controls on DP's for over 20 years. Installed them on my cab, seats, and drive axle....I think the Motion Controls are a wonderful inexpensive upgrade. The front air bags are on my list of mods.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Hi VT,

Have you thought about adding the Donvel products when you change out the air bags ? You will be right there doing maintenance. Could save you some time. Just a thought.

Good luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hi Everyone,

I have done a Google search on the Donvel products for the cab. The only results that shows up is info from Donvel's web site. I am not sure that they sell their product from their web site. I was hoping to find vendors that sell their product. I also did a search on Amazon with no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any input,
Al

2 hours ago, alan0043 said:

I was hoping to find vendors that sell their product. I also did a search on Amazon with no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any input,
Al

From Donvel's web site:

The Steer Axle Stabilizers are custom built for each truck to ensure a good fit and factory appearance. They are shipped assembled with every part included for self-installation and come ready to bolt on. The Steer Axle Motion Controls on the Steer Axle Stabilizers are calibrated at our factory but different levels of control are available.

When you are ready to order, please download our measurement sheet and fill it out.  You can either fax it to (903) 845-2562, or e-mail it as an attachment to donvel.inc@gmail.com.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 2 weeks later...

The steer axle valves and the sleeper/cab valves are the ones I just finished installing on my 2013 VNL 780. Boy what a difference they made, it when from driving like your grandfathers luxury car floating down the road to a responsive very nice handling vehicle. The sloppiness that I used experience is now gone and I love driving my truck more than ever. The front suspension was nothing more that the Donvel Valves slipped onto the airline leading to the airbag on each side of the front axle. The same with the sleeper/cab, nothing more than the Donvel Valve put inline right before the airbag. The concept is simple but the result is fantastic. $105.00 a set $210.00 plus a few bucks for shipping and it feels like a brand new truck. Don't keep thinking about it. Like Nike say just do it! You won't regret it if you do they will give you your money back what more is there to think about.

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

1 hour ago, atv_idiot said:

VT: I just ordered cab and front bags today and should be installing them next weekend. I'm excited to see how well they do

I have a set for the front axle and a set for the sleeper, sitting in a box, waiting for the truck to get out of the paint shop.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

10 hours ago, atv_idiot said:

VT: I just ordered cab and front bags today and should be installing them next weekend. I'm excited to see how well they do

Hi atv,

Please keep us updated on your install. It would be interesting to know how the cab valves work and then install the axle air bag valves second. It's just an idea. I can understand when a guy is working in his work clothes is to keep working and then put all the tools away. 

Best of luck on the project,
Al

9 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi atv,

Please keep us updated on your install. It would be interesting to know how the cab valves work and then install the axle air bag valves second. It's just an idea. I can understand when a guy is working in his work clothes is to keep working and then put all the tools away. 

Best of luck on the project,
Al

Al:
I thought about installing one and then testing it, to then come home and install the other. That will all depend on how much time I have. I plan to replace the cab shocks at the same time since they're junk. I'll try and take some pics and notes during the install

Thanks

14 hours ago, atv_idiot said:

Al:
I thought about installing one and then testing it, to then come home and install the other. That will all depend on how much time I have. I plan to replace the cab shocks at the same time since they're junk. I'll try and take some pics and notes during the install

Thanks

Hi atv,

It would be great to see some pictures. I know that pictures and notes can help everyone. I still have to do my truck's cab air bags. Right now the air bags seem good but before I rebuild my deck, I think some preventive maintenance is in order. I understand soaking the bolts with penetrating oil days ahead of time can help.

Best of luck,
Al

We had them on our 2016 Western Star.  Richard installed them on the cab and on our seats.  Big difference in the movement of the cab especially in heavy winds and definite difference in the ride of the seats, no bottoming out smoother ride.

we did call the company to order.  They needed to know the type of truck and the weight of the person for each seat.

2013 Freightliner Cascadia

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Hey Al (alan0043) sent you a PM.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

• 5 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, LED Bright said:

The steer axle valves and the sleeper/cab valves are the ones I just finished installing on my 2013 VNL 780. Boy what a difference they made, it when from driving like your grandfathers luxury car floating down the road to a responsive very nice handling vehicle. The sloppiness that I used experience is now gone and I love driving my truck more than ever. The front suspension was nothing more that the Donvel Valves slipped onto the airline leading to the airbag on each side of the front axle. The same with the sleeper/cab, nothing more than the Donvel Valve put inline right before the airbag. The concept is simple but the result is fantastic. $105.00 a set $210.00 plus a few bucks for shipping and it feels like a brand new truck. Don't keep thinking about it. Like Nike say just do it! You won't regret it if you do they will give you your money back what more is there to think about.

Completely agreed.  Installed Donvel valves in a 2012 VNL730 on sleeper and steer/axle, what a differance it made.  It is the best $210 we have ever spent.  Our driveway is quite long and would rock the sleeper from side to side, after install the cab is now steady.  The truck would wander and under-steer in the corners, wandering and under-steer is gone.  It feels and drives like a new truck!!

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

It did help the wandering a lot on our factory air ride suspension (Volvo).  The DW approves........ We had the front end checked, and aligned.  The shocks had been changed all the way around, which helped some but the DW kept complaining about the wandering when she was driving.  It stopped the nose diving going around the corner which helped the under-steer and dampened the bumps out.  The ride is much firmer. 

Not sure it will work on your truck but if your Freightliner is on springs, Donvel makes a kit to add airbags to the front end.  Good Luck  

Bob&Kay

Gleen I drove bobtail back from Texas and couldn't beleave haw the Volvo wandered the lane senser almost drove me crazy. I put a lot of it on the sloppy cab. I replaced the shocks on the caband didn't realy notice much improvement, put in the valves, (cab, seat and drives) it is like a completely diferent truck. Doesn't move the cab around when I climbe in snd aout or when I move around. Takes about 15 second to install each cab valve. The axle one 15 minutes the seats are about like the cab ones. All they are is a brass block with a small hole restricting air flow in both directions. Well woth the money.

11 minutes ago, Radar274 said:

It did help the wandering a lot on our factory air ride suspension (Volvo).  The DW approves........ We had the front end checked, and aligned.  The shocks had been changed all the way around, which helped some but the DW kept complaining about the wandering when she was driving.  It stopped the nose diving going around the corner which helped the under-steer and dampened the bumps out.  The ride is much firmer. 

Not sure it will work on your truck but if your Freightliner is on springs, Donvel makes a kit to add airbags to the front end.  Good Luck  

Mine is front air.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I don't know how it will work on your truck and  $210 seems like a lot to money to pay for basically 2 sets of 1/4 inch coupling with a restricted air flow...... but  If we purchased another truck I wouldn't hesitate to put them on again.

Bob&Kay

Archived