National Rally

SuiteSuccess

On 10/15/2017 at 8:23 PM, kingskids said:

So Chris - are you saying you did come by and visit with Richard and I?  I'm confused.  I'm good with faces, but lousy with names, so if I don't remember you, it's because I can't "see you" again to try to remember the conversation.

And for what it's worth Chris, I am also basically very shy, as well as being socially awkward as well - but I engage most of the time at the rally.  It's exhausting to have to make myself do so, but the rewards are great as are the friendships that have come about thru the years of "getting out there" and being social.  By nature, I'm pretty much a hermit, but trust me when I say that this group is worth putting some effort into - salt of the earth people!

I did not make it by your trailer. I really wanted to but like I said we had to get back to get the poopy dogs. (They come first in our household). It is so hard to do this rally without a trailer... I did it last year in a hotel and it was hard and I stopped by this year and it again was challenging. I was not going to be worrying about coming next year but with a bunch of you being friendly and welcoming as well as Cole needing a helping hand I will probably try to make next years. (I may need a security detail to protect me from Phill) but we just want to see and experience cool things and have fun with our new lifestyle! 

I have been sooooo busy the last few days. We fought off basically a hurricane but kind of a Thundercain with sideways rain to get to KC to get the Volvo and get it back here so Henry could get our hitch installed. Henry has spent the better part of two days getting the hitch installed as well as get the wiring done. He is finally heading home to Davena tomorrow. 

We are so darn close now. 1-1/2 weeks and we are outa here!!!...I don't want to bragg about our trailer that NH built.....so I will let jack do it for us::) We put our soul's into this and it is finally coming together!

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

Did you go to KC and come back to Hutch?     If you are in Hutch you gotta stop by, I am on the way outa here going west or south on 50 or 96.    Not far out of the way going north via 61 either.  

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

1 hour ago, 13speed said:

(I may need a security detail to protect me from Phill)

Wow. Have I ever threatened you? Everything you have posted in this thread has been one big boo hoo for Chris. It's no wonder people ignored you at last year's rally. Thanks for the laugh.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

8 hours ago, 13speed said:

We are so darn close now. 1-1/2 weeks and we are outa here!!!...I don't want to bragg about our trailer that NH built.....so I will let jack do it for us::) We put our soul's into this and it is finally coming together!

Well, Cole tells me it is "killer", so I believe him. I'll see for myself tomorrow!!  I'm looking forward to it. Assuming the weather is good for flying we will be up there in the morning.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

9 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Chris,

Did you go to KC and come back to Hutch?     If you are in Hutch you gotta stop by, I am on the way outa here going west or south on 50 or 96.    Not far out of the way going north via 61 either.  

We are in Manhattan to be close to Junction City. If you wanted to pass through here on your way we would be glad to show you our rig.

2018 NH 48' Majestic

9 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Chris,

We are in Manhattan to be close to Junction City. If you wanted to pass through here on your way we would be glad to show you our rig.

2018 NH 48' Majestic

14 hours ago, LostSoul said:

Oh and, Since I don’t speak Canadian I was glad that Greg was fluent in English.

Now that’s funny! :lol:  Sorry Greg, you know I adore you!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

11 hours ago,  13speed said: 

(I may need a security detail to protect me from Phill

Sorry, Phil, but I thought that was funny. You might need a CASE of Dr Pepper! xoxo

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

46 minutes ago, Off2YNP said:
   11 hours ago,  13speed said: 

(I may need a security detail to protect me from Phill

Sorry, Phil, but I thought that was funny. You might need a CASE of Dr Pepper! xoxo

Hey Off, 

Shucks even Grumpy ole BigFive ... Thanked 13 for the "humor"......

Shucks pretty soon Tha "children" will have "hickeys" all over.....(well almost all over....).

Drive on ....... ("Childern are a hoot....sometimes)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

14 hours ago, Mntom said:

Thanks for the mental picture...... Now I will have a nightmare or two.........

Yeah, I laughed out loud visualizing that.....and then....shuddered. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:02 AM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

And you helped me sell my motorcycle loader, thank you Dave.

Roger

Hi Roger,

P/M sent.     Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

On 10/17/2017 at 9:09 AM, Dollytrolley said:

Hey Off, 

Shucks even Grumpy ole BigFive ... Thanked 13 for the "humor"......

Shucks pretty soon Tha "children" will have "hickeys" all over.....(well almost all over....).

Drive on ....... ("Childern are a hoot....sometimes)

3 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

Yeah, I laughed out loud visualizing that.....and then....shuddered. 

54 minutes ago, kingskids said:

And think how much shuddering the "two parties" referenced shuddered!!

All.....

Nevered to create nightmare's or jitters but......

So perhaps future rally'$ it might be vital to use the Granny-Mac method of....."child-con-troll"....

So one day me and cousin Lloyd were having a strong spat down by the barn and we were shouting some bad words so.....out comes GrannyMac with her cane and a big bundle of cloth in the other hand......gulp......

We were dumb...but not dumb enough to continue fighting ......GrannyMac smiles and says ....."Boys....takeoff your shirts"......we take off our shirts.....she hands me the big bundle of cloth.....it was a HUGE tee-shirt......She says "put your left arm in to left sleeve..."......I did....she says ".....Lloyd put your right arm in the ......right..... sleeve...."......gulp.

Then GrannyMac smiles and says...."boys....go draw bucket of hot soapy water from utility porch and go out to the creamery and scrub the room down to every square inch....then come up to see me.....I have a few more chores for you before supper..."

Now did Lloyd and I ever fight again....heck ya.....but....we darn sure did our fights were NO ONE knew we were fighting.....

So what size Tee-$hirt would be needed for the next Rally?  ?

Drive on......(Childern will be.... Childern)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

On 10/15/2017 at 9:51 PM, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Had a great time, learned a lot, shared stories, rekindled past friendships and made a few new friends at this years rally.  THANKS to all who work so hard to put this on.

Dave

Sums up my feelings about the rally exactly!

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

We homeschooled our kids. When a dust up broke out they had to sit on a 2 seater bench as long as it took to figger out a solution.

Heard a story about a high school football coach having trouble with two prima donnas not getting along putting their playoff run in jeopardy. One practice he told them to settle it. He gave them each a blindfold and boxing gloves. They stumbled around flailing away trying to hit each other inside the circle of players. After a couple minutes he entered the ring with his gloves on and every half a minute he’d walk over and knock one of the blindfolded players on his ass. When the superstars figgered out it wasn’t their rival big shot landing the lucky shots to the kazoo there was uproarious har har hars all around and they decided to get on the team...

Back to original programming....

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, tim brown said:

I just joined this group and I may have second thoughts on it . all I can say is WOW ...

Howdy Tim,

Welcome to the HDT forum.  RUN, NOW before we spend all your money.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, tim brown said:

I just joined this group and I may have second thoughts on it . all I can say is WOW ...

You are amongst some of the most knowledgeable and free advice giving bunch you will ever find. Just watch out for that Mr.Cob guy.......He's in a class of his own!!:P  Hang on to your wallet!!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

41 minutes ago, tim brown said:

It's not my money I'm woried about ., it my sanity . so much whining . I have a 1999 volvo 610 and a 2017 4100 king Cyclone toy hauler

Tim, there are a few “whiners” on here, but just ignore them. For the most part there are some very fine folks contributing to this forum. Welcome, and I hope to see more from you here.

Steve

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

19 hours ago, tim brown said:

It's not my money I'm woried about ., it my sanity . so much whining . I have a 1999 volvo 610 and a 2017 4100 king Cyclone toy hauler

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum. Have you had a chance to check out some of the other threads ? You don't see any whining in the other threads. Everybody here has been a big help to me. If I didn't have this resource at my finger tips I could be in hot water more often then I want.

This group is a good bunch of people,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived