Classes of 2008 and 2009

Jim, that's a lot like sitting near a boat ramp in the spring and watching all the new boaters launch for the first time. You could sell tickets! :lol:

We made it back to Oklahoma yesterday afternoon and found a great place for our stay here. It's half way between where Carol plays tennis and where our son lives. Also near a lake so I can get some spring fishing in. It's a small mobile home park, and they had one vacant space. I have to have my friend the electrician over this morning to wire the plug for an RV, but other than that it's great. The correct plug is there, but it is set up for 220V, so it will probably cost me a 5th of crown to get it rewired. :rolleyes: $150 a month plus elec, we couldn't come close to that anywhere else, and all of the people have already been over to welcome us to the park. There's only 10 mobile homes here, so it's a pretty close knit bunch.

When we pulled in, I was looking the bus over and noticed I had lost one of my chrome rear hub covers somewhere between Shamrock Texas and here. I sure hope it didn't hit anyone when it came off. I'm sure that's a $100 item, if I can even find one around here. I may just wait until we go to Red Bay (the factory)in June, they probably have them just lying around there :rolleyes:

The weather cooperated for the trip, no wind or anything so that was definitely on the plus side. On the minus side the drain from the kitchen sink is leaking again. The last time I fixed it (a year ago) I thought it would hold, but I guess it's back to the drawing board. Can't get away "Scott free" on a trip I guess!! Who is this "Scott" fella anyway?? and why is he "free"?? :unsure: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We made a trip to Bryce Canyon yesterday. We saw snow and ice and sunshine. It was then or never since a storm was expected overnight. What a storm!! The predicted winds were only supposed to gust to about 30 but we had gusts between 60-70. We got rain and other places around us got snow. Again, we're re-thinking this northern route this time of year since mostly higher elevation mountains almost until just outside of Portland. That means colder weather and maybe ice or snow. In other words it also means no sitting outside in the warm sunshine. We're not into that so not quite sure what we might do. I guess only time will tell. We have today to make up our mind or pay for another night and think about it tomorrow. :D We could continue heading north or we could turn around and head back to Nevada. Hmmmmmmmmm.

We'll look for Scott Free too but sure he's probably hiding from all of us.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We made a trip to Bryce Canyon yesterday. We saw snow and ice and sunshine. It was then or never since a storm was expected overnight. What a storm!! The predicted winds were only supposed to gust to about 30 but we had gusts between 60-70. We got rain and other places around us got snow. Again, we're re-thinking this northern route this time of year since mostly higher elevation mountains almost until just outside of Portland. That means colder weather and maybe ice or snow. In other words it also means no sitting outside in the warm sunshine. We're not into that so not quite sure what we might do. I guess only time will tell. We have today to make up our mind or pay for another night and think about it tomorrow. :D We could continue heading north or we could turn around and head back to Nevada. Hmmmmmmmmm.

We'll look for Scott Free too but sure he's probably hiding from all of us.

And we are complaining about the heat here. Yikes.

We sure hope that things change in the next couple of weeks or we will have the same decision to make. Heaven forbid we may have to reconsider and go up the I 5 through California.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Glad we caught up with Jim and Sandie on Saturday night.The sea of rvs parted and we got out at 9 am from the Rally. I'm still not well (sore throat) but we are in Bullhead City. We'll be here until Friday then north to Vegas. :blink:

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Man I'm one pooped puppy tonight. I pulled my trailer over to the RV Repair Shop this morning at 7 AM. I got the brakes fixed and the step reinforced and the solar panels moved to the other side of the trailer. There was no place to sit so I got dog tired just standing and strolling around. Then When I took it back to the Rance I had to do the inside wiring of the panels before I could get all the stuff put back away to settle down for living. That fiddling around with wires in a compact place over your head is for 21 year olds. I just got the last of the tools and junk put away and it's 8:30 PM. I'll bet I sleep tonight. But now as soon as I get the last mail from back home, I'm ready to ramble.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We arrived in Mesa, AZ today. Planning to see Sandie & Jim on Wednesday night. Pulled through our first CG without staying....not the greatest. We found a pretty good deal here at Val Vista Village. 50% off - Pass Port America - on a weeks stay! One of those "everything you want" parks. Pretty nice deal.

Will be here in Mesa (east side of Phoenix)for a couple weeks. Then off to Congress, AZ at North Ranch Escapee Park to meet up with friends.

Y'all be safe out there! Stay out of the S...W

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

We arrived in Mesa, AZ today. Planning to see Sandie & Jim on Wednesday night. Pulled through our first CG without staying....not the greatest. We found a pretty good deal here at Val Vista Village. 50% off - Pass Port America - on a weeks stay! One of those "everything you want" parks. Pretty nice deal.

Will be here in Mesa (east side of Phoenix)for a couple weeks. Then off to Congress, AZ at North Ranch Escapee Park to meet up with friends.

"pulled through our first CG without staying". What do you mean?

We will just miss you. We are going to Congress on the 3rd and 4th. Grand Canyon 5th and 6th, and then Pahrump for a few days after that. Maybe just maybe we can meet up somewhere, sometime.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Boy is my Hip sore today. Too Much standing yesterday. Maybe another nights rest will do the trick.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We pulled into one of "those campgrounds" last fall. Carol was loading the gun while I was looking for the exit!! :rolleyes:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Gee Steve, I was waving at you guys and you just kept going and Loading. HA!

I bought a new printer scanner copier fax today and spent most of the day installing it. Now I'll spend the evening learning how to use it and reading the on screen manual. Do I look funny with my eyes crossed like this???

We can't bragg anymore about never having a blowout. Today traveling on I30 about 30 miles from Little Rock, we heard what sounded like a truck backfire. Our pressure pro though told us a different story. It was our inside rear tire. We limp along to a tire stop and boy did we get ripped off! $600 for a new tire. But what can you do when you are at their mercy.

The tires are 4 years old maybe its time to change them all. How many of you have Michlin tires?

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We can't bragg anymore about never having a blowout. Today traveling on I30 about 30 miles from Little Rock, we heard what sounded like a truck backfire. Our pressure pro though told us a different story. It was our inside rear tire. We limp along to a tire stop and boy did we get ripped off! $600 for a new tire. But what can you do when you are at their mercy.

The tires are 4 years old maybe its time to change them all. How many of you have Michlin tires?

No damage to the RV I hope? I can tell no damage to you, other than financial, because you would have mentioned that.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I was standing outside of the Camping World today and heard a loud bang. It sounded like a gun shot but I happened to be looking at the freeway at the time. A truck had a blow-out and part of his tire was flying in the air. I bet it was similar to what you were talking about. It is amazing how those places continue to rip off who they believe are tourists. You've certainly had more than your share of bad luck lately. Hopefully, all those problems will go away soon and you'll be back to living the good life!

We arrived south of Salt Lake today. I'm sure beat! What a day! Everything was uphill! I'm going to pull a Steve ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I've got Michlin's on the rear duals, and so far no problem. They cost about $585 each as I recall, installed! In Dec of 2010, so the price is not too far off. Hope you didn't have any damage. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well it's getting down to the wire and my hitch itch is really getting bad. I'll head East Monday morning. I plan on using the red and blue roads all I can and use the interstates only while going through large cities. It's a lot more relaxing that way and you get to see some of the country side.

I built a box for magazines and books today to fit in the place left over after installing the new printer. It will help the clutter alot espically while I'm traveling. It looks pretty good but I sure got a sore hip out of the deal. I hope that bull isn't back in my pasture again.

Okay people, enough with the blow outs. Sure am glad everybody is okay. We got to see Paul and Marsha last night at Superstition Skies. Had a great time. Even danced a little bit.

It was nice to some of the "ole" gang. (Notice I did NOT say OLD) :blink: . Marsha and I are actually moving out to Apache Junction next week. We'll be in the same park as Sandie and Jim. Very nice CG. :D We got some hiking to do in "them thar mountains" before heading north after Easter.

Everyone be safe as you begin traveling for the summer.

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

It was nice to some of the "ole" gang. (Notice I did NOT say OLD) :blink: . Marsha and I are actually moving out to Apache Junction next week. We'll be in the same park as Sandie and Jim. Very nice CG. :D We got some hiking to do in "them thar mountains" before heading north after Easter.

Everyone be safe as you begin traveling for the summer.

Paul

How nice for you.

{{hugs}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

One day closer to scratching that Hitch Itch. I didn't do much today and feel a lot better for it. Lot's of people stopped by to gab when the seen me out soaking in the rays. There is one more day of rally here at the Ranch then the place will empty out and it will look like it deserted. Your's truely being one of the deserters.

Sorry this thing said it didn't post I checked and it didn't so I pasted a copy I had put on the clip board into the reply box and posted again. It posted twice. I can't win for loosing.

Edited by IYQ

Sorry this thing said it didn't post I checked and it didn't so I pasted a copy I had put on the clip board into the reply box and posted again. It posted twice. I can't win for loosing.

Anyone know what the 89 is like between Congress and Grand Canyon State Park?

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

from congress to prescott, it is steep and very winding thru the mountain area. i have seen motor homes and trailers on the route. just go slow you should be fine. from prescott to grand canyon it is a great drive, not winding just kinda a very senic drive.

we did pay $4.80 a gallon for diesel in williams ( the turn off to go to grand canyon )

we camped in williams, at grand canyon railroad rv park,, kinda expensive, they said soon they would be a passport america rv park, not sur e when though.

there are cg closer to park just dont know cost

good luck, enjoy

mike and deb

Edited by coldsmoke

89A goes through Oak Creek Canyon. It's beautiful but the climb out on the North end is a doozy. You can stand at the top and view the same road 5 times below you. 89 regular, has some Switchbacks just south of Prescott and Yarnell hill just above Congress is a long pull but not very crooked. 89 reg. hits I-10 at Ash Fork just west of Williams and the Grand Canyon turn off. Granite Dells in the Chino Valley is kinda pretty with huge granite boulders.