Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

I would echo Medico... Congratulations, John and Sharon!

My wife and I are 8 months Fulltiming... and we certainly love it. We have met, and gotten to know, many wonderful people. We have seen places that, as well traveled in US as we are... we did not have a clue existed.

Enjoy life!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my wife have been been a 14ner for a couple years. Our house was not for sale, but a couple wanted to buy it real bad. I threw out a high, but fair price, they said ok. Escrow closed on September 6th and now we are living full time in our Motorhome. I was going to stay in the class of 14, but I guess we are officially full timers now. We have 10 more months to work. The day we closed escrow we went to Avila Beach CA for 3 nights. Now we are at Lake Havasu until Saturday.

Still feels strange, everything we own is in our Motorhome. My wife said "I forgot to bring my other camera". I reminded her we have it somewhere, in fact everything we own is with us. We both had a good laugh. We are still trying to figure out where everything is at. So far so good. We both feel free.

So here we are, class of 2013!!!!!!

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Me and my wife have been been a 14ner for a couple years. Our house was not for sale, but a couple wanted to buy it real bad. I threw out a high, but fair price, they said ok. Escrow closed on September 6th and now we are living full time in our Motorhome. I was going to stay in the class of 14, but I guess we are officially full timers now. We have 10 more months to work. The day we closed escrow we went to Avila Beach CA for 3 nights. Now we are at Lake Havasu until Saturday.

Still feels strange, everything we own is in our Motorhome. My wife said "I forgot to bring my other camera". I reminded her we have it somewhere, in fact everything we own is with us. We both had a good laugh. We are still trying to figure out where everything is at. So far so good. We both feel free.

So here we are, class of 2013!!!!!!

Congrats Scott & Norma!

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Another congratulations, smack2020! You are going to like it... My wife and I have found living in a 36' foot motorhome forces a more 'simple' living style... wich is actually more pleasing. We still have our house back in Michigan, but can't remember what's in it - all we need we now have, brought along, or will buy it.

Now the NEXT big fun is actual retirement... :D

im

2007 Dolphin

My wife said "I forgot to bring my other camera". I reminded her we have it somewhere, in fact everything we own is with us.

Scott, we plunged in much like you did. Our official graduation date was in the spring of 2013. Funny thing, for the first three months we couldn't find a thing. It is amazing how long it takes to get organized in such a small place. Welcome!

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

As of today we have been full time for a month! Seemed like we would never get out of the S&B! A lifetime of stuff weighs very heavy on a body! Glad it's gone. We are camping in the north Georgia mountains for another month and then heading to TX to become Texans again!

Bruce & Darlene

I haven't checked into this thread for awhile. With our move today we have towed our 5th wheel about 3200 miles since we began our adventure last May. We are having a great time. Tonight we begin a week's stay near Maggie Valley, NC in the Smoky Mountains. My tow today challenged my F350 as we went over Black Mountain on I40. I've seen that particular mountain pull ranked as the 10th hardest in the US. We came up and over with no problems (aside from the fuel gauge seeming to be in free fall). Coming west it was about 5 miles of 6% pulling.

We'll continue to move every week or two until mid-November when we will land in Dickinson, TX (between Houston and Galveston) where we will stay put for awhile.

As many of you are doing, we're blogging our adventure. It is "Here and There with Scott and Jackie."529152_518053431622098_1777574565_n.jpg

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

My tow today challenged my F350 as we went over Black Mountain on I40. I've seen that particular mountain pull ranked as the 10th hardest in the US. We came up and over with no problems (aside from the fuel gauge seeming to be in free fall). Coming west it was about 5 miles of 6% pulling.

Scott,

We pulled that I-40 pass twice in the last two month's and I would agree. Can I ask, where did you find a ranking for passes?

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

cott,

We pulled that I-40 pass twice in the last two month's and I would agree. Can I ask, where did you find a ranking for passes?

Steve

I found it in this article from Diesel Power magazine.

Frankly, I was somewhat concerned about the tow as it was my first big pull with this setup. I searched all over the internet for information about pulling it and that article didn't make me feel any more at ease!

By the way, we're not finished yet. We're near Maggie Valley for a week before getting on I40 again and taking on Pigeon River Gorge. Want to give me some words of encouragement? :)

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Archer who started this thread. I have not read anything of his since2013 started.

Medico if you are planning on domiciling in fl there is a very good mail forwarding svc. in Ocala it's called pakmail they are at 303 SE 17th st Ocala phone #352-368-6978. They will sort out the junk mail.Also the state will be taking over Silver springs on Oct 1 which should improve the park. Enjoy your stay in Ocala.

Thanks for the info. We have already signed up for the St. Brendan's Isle mail forwarding service in Green Cove Springs. We will be arriving on Nov. 1st at Ocala Sun RV Resort. We are really ready. It's getting cold here in upstate NY. Last night was 38 deg.

My wife retires on Oct 26th. That will leave us about 3 weeks to wrap everything up here before we head out. We plan on visiting many sites while in Fl. for 6 months. We will be looking there and elsewhere during our travels for a place to ultimately land when as a base of operations in our future travels.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

ub

We are not sure we will make the 2013 class after all. Selling the house has been really slow. Real estate is moving just not in our price range and area.

Larry

Still not sold but what we think we may want in the future is in storage, or at our son's, what's left will be sold in an estate tag sale. So we will call ourselves graduated to full time. We leave the sticks and bricks 9/18. See you on the road.

Larry K

2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43PKQ
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited toad
AFO Brake system

We also moved into our coach FT a couple of months prior to getting an offer on our S&B. Finally did and sold it. Closed in July. Good luck with the sale. We also sold most of the "stuff" in an estate/household sale. Just was easier. Be advised that those people generally mark everything to move fast so don't be shocked at what you get for things.

Well we are into our second month full timing. We have survived heat in Las Vegas and Moab, thunderstorms in Grand Junction Colorado and Richfield Utah and best of all the flood of the century here in Denver. Even did some site seeing and square dancing while the front range was being washed away. Would not trade this last month for anything we have had too much fun. Saw lots of neat scenery and museums. Next will be up thru Wyoming, Utah,Idaho,Oregon to Seattle. We have squaredanced in Denver and Grand Junction and have had a ball.

Hope to see you soon.

Chris & Joni

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

That is great news! Next Wed. is my wife's last day at work, then about 3 weeks to settle things here. Then we will be heading to Fl. for the winter.

Next year we have talked about the west, but we have not made plans yet. Darn, what will we ever do without plans! Oh yea, have fun!

I found it in this article from Diesel Power magazine.

Frankly, I was somewhat concerned about the tow as it was my first big pull with this setup. I searched all over the internet for information about pulling it and that article didn't make me feel any more at ease!

By the way, we're not finished yet. We're near Maggie Valley for a week before getting on I40 again and taking on Pigeon River Gorge. Want to give me some words of encouragement? :)

Scott,

When we left Maggie Valley we went West on I-40 towards Knoxville. There were some curves that are very well marked at I believe 45 mph. Heed the warnings and you'll be fine, no major ascents or descents just winding for an Interstate. The scenery was pretty nice also!!

Safe travels,

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

Scott,

When we left Maggie Valley we went West on I-40 towards Knoxville. There were some curves that are very well marked at I believe 45 mph. Heed the warnings and you'll be fine, no major ascents or descents just winding for an Interstate. The scenery was pretty nice also!!

Safe travels,

Steve

Great advice! Thanks. I actually drove it today as part of a sightseeing loop. It is pretty.

Today is the start of our "every day is a Saturday" experience. Today is my DW first day of retirement. I was telling everyone in the RV Park that something was disrupting my dog and my normal morning routine. I could not quite put my finger on what it was (while pointing to the DW). Got a good laugh and congrats all around. Everyone knew she was a "short timer" and are very happy for her.

I will withhold judgment on that myself, LOL!

House on market, van for sale, off to first project in Nov. Then back to Kansas to pick up new 5th wheel in Dec. to TX in Jan to become TX res. I guess this puts in the class 2013.

Dale & Cheryl Curtis

05 GMC 3500

06 Jayco 31RKS

2014 Excel Winslow 37IKF (on order)

We're entering month 7 now and it has been an Adventure (with a capital "A").

Worst Experience: Breakdown on South Chicago I-80.

Best Experience: Cheyenne Mountain State Park.

Love it.

Zulu... I can't think of any experience worse than breaking down on I-80 south of Chicago. You have my sympathy and respect - you survived!

Incidentally, nice blog; Wordpress?

im

2007 Dolphin

Archived