Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Hi all. Been away for a while but looks like almost everyone's making progress. Congratulations!

I retired on schedule 6/30/13. We're gonna be part time through the summer while I fix up the house to sell it. 29 years of neglect is a lot to overcome but somebody's gonna get a fresh house.

Going south for the winter whether it's done or not!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello classmates! We're enjoying our first summer as fulltimers. We're currently in the northeast corner of Ohio at Kenisee Lakes Thousand Trails. Things are going pretty good. A few mechanical concerns, but in general, life is good. Hurry up and join us!

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Hello classmates! We're enjoying our first summer as fulltimers. We're currently in the northeast corner of Ohio at Kenisee Lakes Thousand Trails. Things are going pretty good. A few mechanical concerns, but in general, life is good. Hurry up and join us!

Ditto. One month out and I had to replace the throne - http://rvseniormoments.com/2013/06/06/pepin-wi-game-of-thrones/

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Hi Scott. How did you like the TT Kenisee Lakes park? We have a TT membership... and close family down in Poland, OH. We currently are out in the Black Hills area for the Summer, but hard telling where we will end up. Kenisee Lakes looks to be the closest to our Ohio family...

Thanks,

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Class of 2013...

That be my Wife and I. Tomorrow, we will officially be fulltimers for six months. Never owned a motorhome, trailer, or anything of that nature... got rid of our tent 30 years ago. Did a LOT of traveling over the years... moteling it... and covering the country. Now, we can STAY in a region for a while.

After over 6,000 miles, we love what we are doing... have met some great new friends... learned a LOT about maintaining a motorhome... and driving it. The country we have seen is fantastic, and the idea of Boondocking has turned out to be 'the best'. Life is good.

See you down the road!

Jim & Alice.

2007 Dolphin

Hi Scott. How did you like the TT Kenisee Lakes park? We have a TT membership... and close family down in Poland, OH. We currently are out in the Black Hills area for the Summer, but hard telling where we will end up. Kenisee Lakes looks to be the closest to our Ohio family...

Thanks,

Jim

Jim we just arrived here yesterday - right ahead of a big rain storm and then rain that continued into the night. Nothing damaging, but they've already had a great deal of rain so there's now a lot of standing water. So, I'd say so far so good. I'll do a blog review of the campground with lots of photos early next week.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Jim we just arrived here yesterday - right ahead of a big rain storm and then rain that continued into the night. Nothing damaging, but they've already had a great deal of rain so there's now a lot of standing water. So, I'd say so far so good. I'll do a blog review of the campground with lots of photos early next week.

Thanks, Scott - much appreciated. I will be looking.

I see you are a Nazarene Minister? That's great. As a kid back in the 1950's, living in Texarkana, TX, we attended the Nazarene Church in Texarkana AR. I have great memories of revivals, water melon suppers, and vacation bible school from those days. Eventually married a Texas Gal from there (TEXAS side, of course!)

Jim

2007 Dolphin

Well we signed the escrow paperwork and all of the contingincies were removed yesterday and the buyers loan has been approved. The only thing between us and closing is 2 weeks. Talked to the escrow officer and she said if we don't mind leaving the house empty we can leave as soon as the last couple of papers are signed next week. Didn't tell her we need to wait until the back bumper on the MH is fixed, but that should be next week as well. Getting closer to blast off date!!!!!

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Our saga is almost over, at least the selling part. We head to our lawyer's office at 9 AM today to sign the paperwork. It then goes to the buyers attorney so the buyer can sign tomorrow. The lawyers will finish the closing tomorrow afternoon on their own. Hooray, almost done with it!

During the survey, it was discovered a 15 foot long by 3 foot high picket fence we placed several years ago to stop neighborhood kids from crossing there was 5 inches too far inside our property. Had to get the rear neighbors to sign an affidavit that they would not try to steal that 5 inches to clear the Abstract. What a crock!

Since we have been living in our coach since May2nd, no further changes, except less stress on us. Now if would could sell my wife's car we would be golden!

We adopted a 6 month old puppy a week ago. He is already living as a part of our family. He is a Chihuahua/Corgi mix. Very friendly, does not bark, much!

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Congrats Dosbeagles & Medico,

We have been in the RV now for 2 weeks and looking forward to many more. It's such a relief when the closing paperwork is complete.

We are ready to get out of Houston, but since our son's family just moved back to the states after 3 year's, we have enjoyed getting to spend some time with them. Our first stop will be Marina Village Camping Resort on Lake Livingston, because all the Grandkids want to ride on the tube behind Pop's boat. We have been members at Marina Village for 30 years and it will be our semi home base. Then it's off to Branson for the fall.

Ron & Liz

2013 F-350 Crew Cab Short bed

2013 Blackwood 36K13

http://www.lifeinarv.blogspot.com/

We signed today. The buyer is doing the final walk through as I type this. She is due at her attorney's at 8 am tomorrow to sign, then at 9am the lawyers will get together and exchange paperwork. The what seems like a long saga is finally over. Hooray!

I have been on the phone with GMAC to change from PT to FT insurance on the coach and to add out Jeep to the policy. Tomorrow I will call the insurance company to cancel the homeowners coverage and the Jeep coverage with them.

The realtor is getting all the final meter readings to send to the electric/gas and water companies.

This is actually really happening. Thank you Lord!

Tomorrow we are off to Pahrump NV to take the last of our stuff that will go into storage. Those last family heirlooms/antiques that are irreplaceable no matter what the cost of storage is. Well we will have something to come back to sometime and leave to an heir... to throw away.It will be quite a day. Be at Uhaul at 07:00 pick up the rental van drive home load it drive 6 hours to Pahrump unload and drive home then have back to Uhaul on Friday at 07:00. Next week will have the charity- not sure yet which one come out a pick up anything they want in the garage then rest in trash. Last meals with friends, buyers will sign the loan doc's next week at the escrow office then turn off all utilities. Cannot turn off water or electric because front back lawns would be toast, still need gas to get showers. I will discontinue some on Friday. The most exciting thing about finally hitting the road will be we can extend the slides at night and I don't have to crawl over DW to get to the bathroom at :AM thereby waking both of us up completely. Living on the side of the house is kind of the pits but if we can survive this then actually being on the road should be a piece of cake. Can't wait to get somewhere cooler :):) :)

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

...then turn off all utilities.

dosbeagles...

It might be wise to double check on "turning off the utilities".

Don't know your state, or situation... but this past January when I notified my utility providers in Michigan (natural Gas, Electric, Comcast cable) to close my account they all three screwed it up - big time. With each, I had for years been on automatic payment... either bank account or credit card for payment source.... and for some reason, to close an account and make last payment, they needed a final check mailed.

But they never told me that - indeed, when I called each to arrange for account close, they said they would complete the last payment from the source 'on file', and the account would be closed. No problem, I thought... until a few months later when I started getting phone calls from collection agencies to my cell phone while traveling... trying to collect $45 "or Else". They threatened my credit record of course, and demanded payment plus a collection fee.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked... and then angry. Comcast was by far & away the worst to work with. They honestly did not know what they were doing one day to the next. I called the Gas & Electric companies, complained... asked for the Manager... and was able to clear by phone with no 'late fee'. Comcast took several phone calls... climb the manager ladder... and finally got them to accept phone payment. The collection agency that Comcast used (some place in Dallas) wouldn't accept that... and stalled. I finally had to threaten legal action... and then they suddenly "got an update from Comcast... and we were no longer on the list.

The moral of the story? "Don't assume the utilities will close your account as they say they will... Double check to make sure."

Jim

2007 Dolphin

We did it! We've been living in our 5th wheel fulltime for two weeks now! The transition was awful...trying to get everything moved into the RV at a storage facility a few miles away...with no power for A/C...in 90 degree heat and rain for almost two weeks! We arrived at our CG with boxes stacked everywhere, but we are unpacked and mostly settled now. Every day seems to be a learning situation right now but, at the end of the day when we settle down in our cozy living room, we love it. We are in a CG a few miles from Topsail beach, NC for the summer. This will give us a chance to really learn the ins and outs of our rig...and enjoy the ocean!

We've had a few "Murphy's Law incidents, most recently today. They were doing some mowing at our CG and the lawn guy ran over our 50 amp power cord! The management apologized profusely and reimbursed us for a new cord. The dogs are adjusting slowly, the older (15) smaller one is having great difficulty managing the steps into the rig, but he's only 16lbs and easy enough to lift.

It's hard to believe we really made it!

Gail and Jack Ward

...and "Senior" dogs ~ Maggie and Ryan

2013 Montana 3900FB

2008 F450 4x4 Dually

Blog: http://twofertheroad.blogspot.com/

"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

dosbeagles...

It might be wise to double check on "turning off the utilities".

Don't know your state, or situation... but this past January when I notified my utility providers in Michigan (natural Gas, Electric, Comcast cable) to close my account they all three screwed it up - big time. With each, I had for years been on automatic payment... either bank account or credit card for payment source.... and for some reason, to close an account and make last payment, they needed a final check mailed.

But they never told me that - indeed, when I called each to arrange for account close, they said they would complete the last payment from the source 'on file', and the account would be closed. No problem, I thought... until a few months later when I started getting phone calls from collection agencies to my cell phone while traveling... trying to collect $45 "or Else". They threatened my credit record of course, and demanded payment plus a collection fee.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked... and then angry. Comcast was by far & away the worst to work with. They honestly did not know what they were doing one day to the next. I called the Gas & Electric companies, complained... asked for the Manager... and was able to clear by phone with no 'late fee'. Comcast took several phone calls... climb the manager ladder... and finally got them to accept phone payment. The collection agency that Comcast used (some place in Dallas) wouldn't accept that... and stalled. I finally had to threaten legal action... and then they suddenly "got an update from Comcast... and we were no longer on the list.

The moral of the story? "Don't assume the utilities will close your account as they say they will... Double check to make sure."

Jim

Will do. Thanks for the info. Just got my refund check back from direct tv so I know that that one is closed. Will work on the rest tomorrow and follow up.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

We finally closed yesterday. The sale should be recorded today. Once my attorney tells me the recording has been done we call the insurance man and listen to him cry as we cancel our homeowners and insurance on the Jeep. We switched to FT insurance on the MH and added the Jeep to it. Once we sell the wife's car we will cancel that policy as well.

The realtor contacted the gas/electric co. and the water co. I have to double check those. My neighbor has been mowing the grass, so I have to stop by and thank him again, then we are done with the house.

Feels go to be off from under the cost of paying for the house in addition to the coach!

Medico... dosbeagles... Good luck, folks!

We've been fulltiming for six months now... from Michigan to Texas... to Arizona... to New Mexico... to Wyoming... and now South Dakatoa.

We love it!

Safe travels,

Jim

Holy Cow Jim&Alice, Y'all hit the ground running! We've made it to the RV resort 2 miles from the house!

Ron & Liz

2013 Blackwood 36K13

Holy Cow Jim&Alice, Y'all hit the ground running! We've made it to the RV resort 2 miles from the house!

ronwar, its been great.

But to tell the truth... our very first day, January 10, 2013... we barely got out of town. Left our Home north of Grand Rapids, MI to travel back roads to the I-96 Interstate entrance to get going to "past Indianapolis"... Met family at Lowell entrance... Said goodbyes... family left... Alice and I got on board our small Class A... and the automatic stairs would not retract. Hmmm! Great start!!!

We were able to disconnect them and wire them up... bought a step ladder for substitute stairs... and got 40 miles down the road late that evening. We stayed at a Flying J, first night ever, and loved it! Eventually, the RV dealer helped us get the stairs repaired in Tucson, AZ.

What fun!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

ronwar, its been great.

But to tell the truth... our very first day, January 10, 2013... we barely got out of town. Left our Home north of Grand Rapids, MI to travel back roads to the I-96 Interstate entrance to get going to "past Indianapolis"... Met family at Lowell entrance... Said goodbyes... family left... Alice and I got on board our small Class A... and the automatic stairs would not retract. Hmmm! Great start!!!

We were able to disconnect them and wire them up... bought a step ladder for substitute stairs... and got 40 miles down the road late that evening. We stayed at a Flying J, first night ever, and loved it! Eventually, the RV dealer helped us get the stairs repaired in Tucson, AZ.

What fun!

Jim

Makes a great, funny story to tell at a later date, but not too funny when it's happening. We have owned some type of Rv for 35 years and have had quite a few of those type experiences. If it wasn't for the laughs afterward, I'm not sure our marriage could have lasted! Haha!

Ron & Liz

2013 Blackwood 36K13

Made it through the estate sale. It looks like we'll be moving into the motorhome, no beds or furniture left in the house. We can still use the bathrooms and showers until we actually leave on the 23rd.

Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40 MDTS ISL 400

flyingthekoop.com

Hooray, we received the check from the proceeds of our house closing today. That was quick! Sending it directly to the bank.

Wife and I splurged today and bought a few new clothes for our new lifestyle. We plan on being in areas of the country that are warmer, so more shorts and short sleeve shirts. We already have plenty of warmer clothes.

Now working on selling her car. 2011 Chrysler 200 limited. We do not need 2 cars any more. There is a lot less stress around here now!

Good luck Koop. If you have nearly as much fun as us, you will be fine.

One week to go. Will have the Disabled American Vets come out and take anything they want. One load of stuff goes to my x-wife and by Sunday afternoon all should be ready for a 07:00 blast off Wednesday morning July 7, 2013.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Good Luck Dos! I expect you are chomping at the bit by now. I know we were. Do you have a closing date yet?

Got my final electric/gas bill, paid! Waiting on the final water bill. The mortgage site has had problems the last couple of days. Still trying to see if the payoff has been credited. The payment was overnighted to them by my lawyer. I know because it cost me $30 for the FedEx bill. The cable has been turned off for a while since we have been living in the coach since May 2nd.

My daughter will be showing up this weekend and staying for a few days. When she leaves she is taking our grandson with her. Gonna miss my "buddy"! :( He is heading back to Tn. to start school again in August. Has been with us since Memorial day. Generally good times with a few rough spots.

Wife is still set to retire in Sept. We have a meeting tomorrow with the benefits people to go over the retirement package. Our reservation in Ocala Sun RV Resort is already set for Nov. 1st. Gonna pick up our other daughter and grand daughter on the way. They will be staying with us for a couple of weeks, then flying home (to Baltimore). Should be a "hoot"!

Archived