Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Chris, that is fantastic news. Congrats many times over. Have a ball on the road. We were in Vegas area a couple times on vacation. Next time will be to sightsee a little more. Perhaps next summer, or perhaps another time. Time will tell.

Our first BIG trip will be in October when we head south. We took an approx. 800 mile trip in May, then a short jaunt in June, but Oct. is the real deal. We are leaving upstate, western NY for all but occasional visits to see PMD's, etc.

We're most likely gonna change our domicile to Fl. as well. Next April will be going someplace else. We'll just have to see where the roads take us. Isn't this freedom grand!

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the tip - ronwar. Our daughter lives in Pearland - which is south east Houston - so we think we will try Advanced Rv park in Pealand first. Then head east along the coast! Its very exciting.....but a little scary too. We are in our mid 50's and just gave up two careers but I have a feeling this new lifestyle will be worth it!!

OkieJ,

Our daughter lives in League City, so I think Advanced could be a good choice for us when we want to stay close by her. Let us know what you think. We have to babysit our granddaughters next week while my daughter and son-in-law have to be out of town for a week, so we will be staying in their house in League City.

We also are in our fifties and gave up careers to travel, but I am sure the rewards are going to be great. We are starting a little slow, spending a lot of the summer camping at Lake Livingston with the kids and grand kids. We will be heading towards Branson in mid September, then back towards the Rio Grande Valley for the winter. We can't decide if we want to head to the Rockies or to the Smokies in late Spring next year. Good luck in you travels.

Ron

Ron

Ron & Liz

2013 F-350 Crew Cab Short bed

2013 Blackwood 36K13

http://www.lifeinarv.blogspot.com/

Hello Everyone,

I officially hit the road as a full timer on June 1 the day I retired officially. I am currently in Maine and will be here until Sept 10 and then will slowly head to North Carolina to attend the Fall RV Dreams Rally. Hope to meet all of you on the road. Not having any problems being a woman alone on the road.

Louise

2013 Nexus Viper 29V

Full time as of June 1, 2013

blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com

Talked to the realtor earlier this afternoon. It is done, recorded and over we are no longer home owners. Officially on the road :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sweeeet, congrats. Maybe we will see you on the road some day. Have fun!

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We are not sure we will make the 2013 class after all. Selling the house has been really slow. Real estate is moving just not in our price range and area.

Larry

Larry K

2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43PKQ
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited toad
AFO Brake system

Chris, Whoot, Whoot! Great news. :D Welcome to the world of non-home owners! :D

Larry, It will happen, if not this year, then next. I know we had to accept something less than we wanted, but the stress relief when it's done is priceless! Hang in there!

Talked to the realtor earlier this afternoon. It is done, recorded and over we are no longer home owners. Officially on the road :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whew! That was a tough one. Lots of disappointing moments, but victory at last!! Congrats and enjoy your new life. Safe travels.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

This will be my 1st post - and it is to announce that we have joined the Class of 2013! "ScubaGuy" and I have been full timers for 17 days; we turned in the keys on August 5th. We became SKPs in June, and I am just now finding my way onto the forums. It would have been so nice to find all this chatter before hand. :blink: haha...

ScubaGuy and I have been planning and hoping and dreaming about going fulltime since April 2009. We have always loved the outdoors and traveling, but have never done it in an RV. We bought our first motorhome in April 2013, and spent the last few months selling off/re-gifting/donating/throwing away everything we didn't want or need. We have shared many trials and even more laughs through this whole process, and are finally thankful to breathe a sigh of clean forest air, knowing and appreciating the beauty of having everything that is important to us within an arm's length.

We started out in Houston, TX, and have begun our first journey northward. We will spend the next 2 1/2 months venturing through Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, the U.P. and Michigan, Indiana, down through Louisiana and return back to central Texas in mid-November. Right now, we are camped out at beautiful Babler State Park, near my family in St. Louis, and life is good.

Amanda (& Douglas)

BT & Lily *meow*

1997 Foretravel U320 40'

This will be my 1st post - and it is to announce that we have joined the Class of 2013! "ScubaGuy" and I have been full timers for 17 days; we turned in the keys on August 5th. We became SKPs in June, and I am just now finding my way onto the forums. It would have been so nice to find all this chatter before hand. :blink: haha...

ScubaGuy and I have been planning and hoping and dreaming about going fulltime since April 2009. We have always loved the outdoors and traveling, but have never done it in an RV. We bought our first motorhome in April 2013, and spent the last few months selling off/re-gifting/donating/throwing away everything we didn't want or need. We have shared many trials and even more laughs through this whole process, and are finally thankful to breathe a sigh of clean forest air, knowing and appreciating the beauty of having everything that is important to us within an arm's length.

We started out in Houston, TX, and have begun our first journey northward. We will spend the next 2 1/2 months venturing through Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, the U.P. and Michigan, Indiana, down through Louisiana and return back to central Texas in mid-November. Right now, we are camped out at beautiful Babler State Park, near my family in St. Louis, and life is good.

That's great, Siren. I dare say you folks are going to love it... My wife and I have ben fulltiming for the last 7 months... and we love it. Say Hello to Michigan... and Louisiana as you go. We'll be back to Michigan in November, via Texas... and a few more locations that we'll add on as we go.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Even though our house closed way back in January we didn't consider ourselves "officially" fulltimers because we had been staying at the fairgrounds RV park in Redmond waiting until I got closer to SS before I could quit working. Well, it finally happened. We officially hit the road on Aug 22nd. We decided to spend our first month in Prospect, Oregon where we have come for vacations for the last 10 years. This time we are staying a whole month! Then it's on to the HDT rally in Hutchinson. We opened a bottle of sparkling wine the other day to toast our new life. We've been working toward this for almost 8 years and are so excited. I hope to meet some of you down the road.

2005 Teton Frontier Experience 39'

1999 Volvo 610

1988 Suzuki Samurai

2008 KTM 450 EXCR

2009 goofy Weimaraner

Attack life! It's going to kill you anyway.

Ok, class of 2013, what I want to know has anyone thought of getting together somewhere?

I know Susan and I will be dry Camping at the Good Sam rally in Atlanta in Oct. Would love to meet other classmates.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

Congrats Siren...Your story is similar to ours! Only we started in Oklahoma and are now headed to Houston for a few weeks to visit family and then taking a few weeks to get to Atlanta. Dale - we are also going to the Rally. Then on to St. Louis and Branson and hanging out in that area....then back to Ok for the holidays!

Julie & Kevin Carver

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP

08 Red Ford Edge but always OSU Orange Faithful :)

We're another step closer, signed papers with the realtor today. There are only a few things left in the garage to remove and then we're out of there completely. Yeah! :D

2009 43' Dutch Aire, Spartan Mountain Master GT, Cummins ISL 425 HP, Onan 10KW diesel, 2014 Jeep Cherokee V6 Trailhawk, Blue Ox Aventa LX, Roadmaster base plate, Unified tow brake

Good Luck Tim! It took us 3 months to get a signed contract then a month to close. The same would put you very close to 2013/2014 change. Would love to have you in our class of '13!

Medico, Thanks. We are probably safely in the class of '13 group. We have been living in our 5er at an RV park and not in the S&B for quite some time now. No mail is delivered to the S&B any more and even garbage pickup is suspended after this week.

2009 43' Dutch Aire, Spartan Mountain Master GT, Cummins ISL 425 HP, Onan 10KW diesel, 2014 Jeep Cherokee V6 Trailhawk, Blue Ox Aventa LX, Roadmaster base plate, Unified tow brake

Hello Everyone,

I officially hit the road as a full timer on June 1 the day I retired officially. I am currently in Maine and will be here until Sept 10 and then will slowly head to North Carolina to attend the Fall RV Dreams Rally. Hope to meet all of you on the road. Not having any problems being a woman alone on the road.

Louise

Hi Roadweaver. Got thinking about you this morning... Hope things are going well. Be sure and let us know how the road is treating you! My wife and I love it. Been Fulltiming for a little over 7 months... and we're already planning the "what, when, where" for next year. Hope gas prices go down - that does have an impact on the "when & where"!

Good luck, and hope to see you down the road.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Left the s+b in Florida on the 7th of August and did a " forced march" to sw Virginia, with one overnight Wallydocking in S. Carolina. Stopped at the Brunswick, Ga. Speedco to give my big girl a little tlc. I'm currently driveway surfing at a good buddy's property in Sugar Grove, Va. My girlfriend is in the U.P. visiting with her mom. She's returning to Fl. to celebrate her twin children's birthday and rummage through her storage for a ( hopefully ) final time. Then she drives up here, sells her car and we can begin easing our way west/southwest. Not much of an adjustment for me going from 1700sq ft. to 272?sq ft. Hope it's as easy for her. I'm loving this so far and I still am amazed that we actually pulled it off. ;););)

06 Fleetwood Bounder dp 34h. Dragging around a 00" JGC 4wd

Wow, been on the road since August 17th. Starting our 3rd week. Life is wonderful but still getting used to the fact that we are actually fulfilling our dream as opposed to talking and planning for it. Joni has started a blog detailing our travels and adding some great pictures. We have been in Utah most of the time and the scenery we have seen is spectacular. I am very glad we were able to move up our jump off date from 2014 to 2013.

Hope all 2013 grads are enjoying the experience as much as we are.

Chris & Joni.

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

So far we have been staying in upstate NY for the season as the wife's last day is Sept. 25th. Our first big trip starts Oct. 20th when we head to Fl. 6 months there, and then, well we have not decided what's next. Aint' freedom grand. We will decide at some point in time where we will go next, but we're in no hurry!

Finally, after 5 months on the market....the house is sold and we will be packing. selling, etc. We leave about Oct. 16. It is too late in the year to head north to New York to visit the kids and grandkids. I guess we will head to Texas and places south and west.

We decided to pack it all up in March. Living on the space coast has made selling a home quite a challenge. It is finally a reality. We will be traveling in a 29 foot Winnebago Minnie with a dog, cat and three small parrots. We have been doing extended traveling for the last three years. Now we won't have the worry and mortgage of a house.

All at once I am excited, giddy and apprehensive. I have to decide what to put into the RV, what to store and what to purge. We have already purged many things back in March. We still have a bit to go.

Hope to see the class of 2013 as we transition.

Betty

Betty and Bob travel in Gulliver (2003 Winnebago Minnie) with Tommy (golden retriever/german shepherd), Mia (fabulous feline friend), and three parrots: Gizmo (African Ringneck), Yago (Senegal) and Sunny (Cockatiel).

WooHoo!! It has happened! We are out of the house and in the RV FT and parked in a resort for the weekend. :D

The house really closes next week but we are out. And we are not looking back. And I am posting this using our cell hotspot.

This is so how life was meant to be.

See you on the road.

John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Archived