Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Jim. We have been living in the MH since early May, just were somewhat stressed waiting for a buyer for the house. Now that's past, whewwww! Last obstacle is selling DW's car. Have almost 3 months to accomplish this.

I was just approved for SSD (back injury from many years of Paramedic work). This will be a big help in our retirement as I'm 61 and DW is 59. This might allow us to hold off on her SS until normal retirement age, which means quite a bit in monthly pay. Still working with Worker's Comp on a settlement. Have a permanency hearing in August. My lawyer is very optimistic.

We're ready to get away from the snow and taxes here in NY!

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Wifey and i have decided to push our 2014 graduation to this year woohoo! :D Thinking mid october and make our way down to livingston for a bit to do our domicile stuff and then on to port arnasas(thanks to all with the suggestions btw). so looking forward to being on the move.

My wife officially turned in her retirement notice with the state. Today she gives her boss the officially notice. Date is set for Sept. 26th, but could be moved up depending on my comp. hearing outcome.

Even after retirement, we will stay here until the park closes since our site in Ocala is not until Nov. 1st and we are paid here through the end of the season. No sense in loosing that money, unless of course she picks the right six numbers in which case we will leave early, LOL!

Still planning to go FT but the realestate is the big hangup. Everyone says the market is improving but we don't have any tire kickers. "Stuff" is ready to go as soon as we get a serious offer.

Larry K

2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43PKQ
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited toad
AFO Brake system

Real estate is improved in many areas, although those areas that did not take a big hit have less recovery possibilities. In our area, the housing market was not hit hard, so the recovery was minor in comparison to those areas that were hit hard over the last few years. I suppose it's possible your area is one of the former. Good luck in getting the house sold. Ours took about 3 months.

Well, my wife's car has been sold. She turned in her papers for retirement. Last day working is Sept. 25th. 45 working days to go. I will have to drop her off, then pick her up after work. It's about 10 miles, so a few extra miles per week, but since it's only 45 days, that will be easy. We leave here Oct 20th and arrive in Ocala Nov 1st. Should be quite an adventure. I am getting the travel route ready now.

Trying to get all things finalized. Electric/gas company said I owed $134 for last bill - paid. Now the account shows a credit of $266. I guess I'll have to call then and straighten that out. Final water bill paid!

I've got a comp. hearing on Aug 2nd to determine permanency of my injury. MD says it's permanent. I did get approved for full SSD so the feds think it's permanent as well. Let's hope for great things.

The weather here has been a PITA. The last 2 days finally were better. I hope everyone is well, and having as much fun with your RV as we are!

Well we got moved into the new to us, 2012 Cameo 37 RSQ. Man what a couple of days getting resettled into the new digs. We spent today, customizing, by adding additional shelving and finding homes for all of the STUFF.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are off to Livingston for a day or so and then to Henderson, Martin Creek Lake S.P. to visit with friends and then off to our volunteer hosting at Monroe, LA. for Black Bayou NWR.

Take care....

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Well, my wife's car has been sold. She turned in her papers for retirement. Last day working is Sept. 25th. 45 working days to go. I will have to drop her off, then pick her up after work. It's about 10 miles, so a few extra miles per week, but since it's only 45 days, that will be easy. We leave here Oct 20th and arrive in Ocala Nov 1st. Should be quite an adventure. I am getting the travel route ready now.

Trying to get all things finalized. Electric/gas company said I owed $134 for last bill - paid. Now the account shows a credit of $266. I guess I'll have to call then and straighten that out. Final water bill paid!

I've got a comp. hearing on Aug 2nd to determine permanency of my injury. MD says it's permanent. I did get approved for full SSD so the feds think it's permanent as well. Let's hope for great things.

The weather here has been a PITA. The last 2 days finally were better. I hope everyone is well, and having as much fun with your RV as we are!

Medico... You are looking pretty good. You're going to love it!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Well we got moved into the new to us, 2012 Cameo 37 RSQ. Man what a couple of days getting resettled into the new digs. We spent today, customizing, by adding additional shelving and finding homes for all of the STUFF.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are off to Livingston for a day or so and then to Henderson, Martin Creek Lake S.P. to visit with friends and then off to our volunteer hosting at Monroe, LA. for Black Bayou NWR.

Take care....

Ken

Ken,

We will be driving over to Livingston later today to pickup mail. If we see someone pulling in with a great looking Cameo, we will get you a shout out.

That loading in this Texas heat is tough!

Ron

Ron & Liz

2013 F-350 Crew Cab Short bed

2013 Blackwood 36K13

http://www.lifeinarv.blogspot.com/

Well the house sale went down the toilet last Friday. Had five days to go and the buyers backed out. Back to square one. Chris

Crap, that sucks. Did you get to keep their deposit?

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well the house sale went down the toilet last Friday. Had five days to go and the buyers backed out. Back to square one. Chris

Oh my, and this is the 2nd time. That's got to be so disappointing. Hang in there.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

If they did not have a valid reason to back out, you own their deposit. I know that's a minor consolation. Keep in there. The right buyer will come along at some point in time.

We have been determined to hit the road in August for many months now. The fifth wheel is sitting in the drive and almost ready to go. 19 days until we roll down the road. We have been trying to lease or sell our home and trying to get everything cleaned out. What a nightmare that is! Yesterday we were informed by the would-be renters that they may be losing their jobs and cannot make the commitment. They felt terrible and so did we! Two hours later the next potential renter stops by with a friend of his who we had not met. The friend looks it over and hands me a cash down payment and will take ownership in 2 weeks. That is how fast things can change.

Good job GR! Was the cash down payment for renting I assume?

If you still have a bunch of stuff to dispose of, household sale companies do a great job. They don't get the best prices for things, but do get rid of almost everything. It would have taken us many tries to get rid of everything. They did it all, setup, advertising, selling, cleanup and taking everything left that could be donated to the donation center. It just was so easy for us.

GR,

I totally understand how fast things can change and the nightmare of getting everything cleared out. Although, the rewards so outweigh the struggles when you finally get to take that deep breath when it is all done. We have been in the fifth wheel now for 5 weeks and can say we are really loving the experience.

We managed to sell a majority of the stuff to friends, by posting pictures on Facebook. However, the coordination of getting it picked up was a hassle and we still had some stuff that we had to deal with.

Good luck and keep reminding yourself that the nightmare will be over soon and then the fun begins.

Ron & Liz

2013 F-350 Crew Cab Short bed

2013 Blackwood 36K13

http://www.lifeinarv.blogspot.com/

We have accepted an offer on the house and are scheduled to close on 9/6. We will be joining this Class of 2013 and are sooo ready. We have to dispose of a lot of things between now and September, but we can get it done.

:D John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Congrats on this huge step. Welcome to our class. You can always go the household sale route. I hired a company and they did it all. The returns could have been somewhat higher if we did it ourselves, but we would have had a huge amount of work. No thanks, this is supposed to be our retirement years!

Archived