Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

See you there Jim!

We are planning to be there Charlie. We have not figured out exactly where we will park, but will be there.

We are days away from leaving Northern VA for the road.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mary Mary

Any Class of 2013 members going to the Tampa RV show in January? We're planning to camp on the grounds.

http://www.frvta.org/rv-shows/florida-rv-supershow/

Some chatter about it in other sections of the forum but I haven't heard of an Escapees meet up point.

I am planning to be there, God willing. It will be my first RV show and I am excited about it. Hope to learn lots and meet some fellow RVers.

I might stop over with my toad just to have something to do in January. We have not decided yet.

Congrats to all members of the class of '13 we may have missed.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

We are already down in Rockport and for sure in the 2013 class since we are no longer living in the S&B in Illinois.

But, our house is under contract today and is supposed to close 11/29. Yeah! :D

We are currently debating going to Tampa in January. I am not sure I want to take the time off work to travel over and back, but it would be nice to see some of the upgrade possibilities. ;)

2009 43' Dutch Aire, Spartan Mountain Master GT, Cummins ISL 425 HP, Onan 10KW diesel, 2014 Jeep Cherokee V6 Trailhawk, Blue Ox Aventa LX, Roadmaster base plate, Unified tow brake

Hi everyone,

We have been on the road fulltiming since August. Presently in Texas , will spend Christmas in Pensacola before going to the Tampa RV show (trying to decide where to park down there) before going to Daytona in February for Daytona 500.

Looking forward to going to a big RV show and hopefully meeting up with some people.

Sue & Bryan

We're probably going to spend a couple of weeks at Christmas in Memphis visiting daughter and grandkids. If we get back in time perhaps the show is a possibility. At the Hershey show they let people stay in their RVs in a particular parking lot. Is this possible in Tampa?

We're probably going to spend a couple of weeks at Christmas in Memphis visiting daughter and grandkids. If we get back in time perhaps the show is a possibility. At the Hershey show they let people stay in their RVs in a particular parking lot. Is this possible in Tampa?

Go to this link http://www.frvta.org...a-rv-supershow/ and us this link Super Rally Registration Form under :Camping:" Or just use the link here.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

A little behind on posting, but we left the house in the hands of the realtor October 30, 2013. Later in the year than we'd hoped but that seems to always be the case. The important thing is we're on the road!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

A little behind on posting, but we left the house in the hands of the realtor October 30, 2013. Later in the year than we'd hoped but that seems to always be the case. The important thing is we're on the road!

Sweet, enjoy your travels

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well, we've completed our 2013 travel adventure. After selling the house and retiring we hit the road in May. We've just finished our circle, arriving back in the same campground where we began. We'll settle down for the winter a few miles south of here with maybe a few outings sprinkled in and begin planning our 2014 adventure. We're loving this lifestyle!

Here's our map. Our reviews of the various stops are described here.

2013%252520-%252520map.jpg

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Been houseless for a little over 2 months now. So far, so good. God willing, we only have 8 more months to work until retirement. We still take little 3-4 day trips every 3-4 weeks. Almost have all the bugs worked out of the RV. November and December always seem to fly by. Christmas in the RV will be different, but we will make it work.

My electric bill at the S&B was usually about $250 for the month of October, at the RV park it was $37. Sweet. Water was $75, RV park free. Cable $110, RV park free. HOA, $75, gone. Alarm $25, now none. gardener $60, RV park, free. You get the picture.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We left Grand Rapids, MI on January 9, 2013... and did not get out of the 'family sendoff' parking lot before having problems - Steps motor failed. After our local dealer determined no parts available for days, we disabled & tied up the steps, bought a short step ladder, and drove 35 miles that night. We were in Texas three days later.

Life is good! :P

10 months later... we have spent significant time in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, South Dakota... and made many new and wonderful friends. End of this month (Nov), we will be storing our Dolphin in Texas, and driving North to Ohio, Penn, and Michigan for family Holidays and 1st grandchild due. Then... we will drive back to Texas, wake up the Dolphin... and do it all over again! Great lifestyle.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Got a contract on the house last night. Closing scheduled for 12/6/13.

Spending November in TN catching up on family time in the BIL's driveway. Will head south from there after Thanksgiving and follow the weather. Definitely planning on being at the Tampa RV show in January.

Life is good!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

Got a contract on the house last night. Closing scheduled for 12/6/13.

Great news! We will see you in Tampa!

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Thanks Jim.

Is there a rendezvous point or someone keeping track of who'll be in Tampa?

Great news! We will see you in Tampa!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

Not that I am aware of Charlie. I am new to this whole full timing Gig, and this willl be our first go at the Tampa show, although we have been to the Hershey PA show. I am learning as I go. I am staying at the Newmar section of the Rally as a guest of a friend, fellow HDT driver, and fellow Newmar owner. I know another friend will be there in his HDT as well. He tells me they frequently gather up and caravan in together so that they can stay near each other.

Setting up a rendezvous point, or maybe a "Class get together may be a good idea. I will certainly share my personal E-mail and Cell via PM, if you guys want to drop by or meet up.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Haven't been to a big show before. New to the FT thing as well. Was hoping there'd be a large Escapee attendance in Tampa with some kind of social event. Is there an Escapees booth at the show?

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

Starting my sixth month as a solo full-timer and still loving it. Now at Rainbows End in Livingston TX for the RVers Boot Camp and to get my rig weighed. This is Escapees HQ and it's really something special. If you get a chance, be sure to stop here.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

We will most likely be in Tampa, but not with our rig. It will most likely just be a day trip as Tampa is only about an hour from where we are living this winter south of Ocala right along I75.

The closing on our S&B sale was today. We are officially Full Timers, or homeless. We are currently in Lakeland FL to have some upgrades completed at Classic Coachworks. We have also been to Suncoast Designers in Hudson FL to have 2 fogged windows repaired.

Larry K

2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43PKQ
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited toad
AFO Brake system

The closing on our S&B sale was today. We are officially Full Timers, or homeless. We are currently in Lakeland FL to have some upgrades completed at Classic Coachworks. We have also been to Suncoast Designers in Hudson FL to have 2 fogged windows repaired.

Congrats, but not homeless, just houseless.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Quick question if you wouldn't mind. How much were the fees to repair (fogged) the double pane windows? I'm only about 1 1/2 hours from Hudson. Might be worth talking to them. How was their work? Do they have any road service?

Also congrats on graduating and welcome to the class of `13

Congratulations!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

We're on the road. In TN with family until Thanksgiving, then we'll make our way to FL.

The S&B is under contract and we're going through the closing process remotely. I wouldn't do it that way again. There's a lot of little issues that I could resolve easily if I was there but now I have to have someone take care of it for me. Closing is scheduled for 12/6/13 so if it doesn't fall through completely it'll be over soon.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

We're on the road. In TN with family until Thanksgiving, then we'll make our way to FL.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving back home in Tennessee, roadhousecharley. My wife and I are doing the same... onlying traveling through Tennessee. As much as I love traveling and living in our motorhome... it feels good to be getting back home to see our daughter & Son-in-Law. First grandchild due in January. Life is good!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Archived