Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, I believe you mean "we the sellers"! That is great news. S&B homeless is a GOOD thing for us FT'ers. One less thing tying us down.

I know we were concerned because we moved in on May 2nd, but did not get an offer until June, and closed in July. Those couple of months of double payments were stressful, but now that's done. We are staying in the area until Oct 20 when the RV Park closes for the season. Wife retires Sept. 25th. This should give us sufficient time to get her pension checks started, and finalize any last minute details.

Some time early next month will set up a mail forwarding service. We have settled on St. Brendan's Isle in Florida. Our first long trip will be to Ocala Sun RV Resort in Ocala, Fl. We will arrive on Nov. 1st and stay there 6 months, then who knows where we will be heading. We have not decided yet. Will be looking for some workkamper or volunteer positions for next summer.

Perhaps we will see some of our Forum friends on the road. If any of you happen to be at one of our posted locations, look us up.

Fat fingered typing. Had to clean up the post of typos. DW & I both have a little bit of a summer cold so we are going to delay a day but what is one day in the grand scheme of full timing. In 10 or 20 years who will care if we left on the 15th or 16th.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Hey Chris...so happy for you. I know it's been a roller coaster ride, for sure. One more thing...my mother was a Clarke with an "e". Hey, you never know. We could be related. As we call it in the south...'tater patch kin. :lol:

What kind of dancing do you do? Wife and I are square dancers.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

What kind of dancing do you do? Wife and I are square dancers.

I taught tap and jazz in a studio setting. I still tap with an adult group and teach very part-time at the performing arts high school in Lakeland. I'd love to square dance. I've done it a few times a long time ago. It was great fun and good exercise.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

Jim, thanks, we are having a great time.

I have an appt' to install the brake system on the Liberty early Sept. The tow system is completed. Wife retire in 30 work days. We are ready to blast off.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Rented the house. Finishing packing the fifth wheel. Hitting the road tomorrow - forever!

Hey, 2013 is our lucky year! We're joining the class in a week!! August 22 we're riding into the sunset and endless vacation! :)

Congrats GR & Mike, We have been in the RV since June and are truly enjoying the experience.

Ron

Ron & Liz

2013 F-350 Crew Cab Short bed

2013 Blackwood 36K13

http://www.lifeinarv.blogspot.com/

Well funding is delayed until Monday so we have one last weekend on the side of the bouse. Also gives us a couple more days to get rid of the colds we got before leaving. Looks like Tuesday will be the day.

Hope y'all get well soon and get the house sold. It will be a great relief when it's done.

Ron

Ron & Liz

2013 Blackwood 36K13

Class of 2013.....we finally made it! I have been following this topic for awhile hoping we would be apart of it! Got the house sold - along with everything in it....I retired in May and my hubby on August 25th and we are hitting the road that afternoon. First stop is Houston for a few days to visit family and see our beloved OSU Cowboys open their season - then off to see what America has to offer!! :rolleyes:

Julie & Kevin Carver

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP

08 Red Ford Edge but always OSU Orange Faithful :)

Class of 2013.....we finally made it! I have been following this topic for awhile hoping we would be apart of it! Got the house sold - along with everything in it....I retired in May and my hubby on August 25th and we are hitting the road that afternoon. First stop is Houston for a few days to visit family and see our beloved OSU Cowboys open their season - then off to see what America has to offer!! :rolleyes:

Congrats

OkieJ, I highly recommend Northlake RV resort, if you're looking for a place on the north side of Houston. We stayed a month in June while we were transitioning from the sale of our house.

Happy travels,

Ron

Ron & Liz

2013 Blackwood 36K13

The latest, drum roll please. THE LOAN FUNDED TODAY!!!!!! I was wondering if this day would ever come. We will be leaving on Sunday morning heading for Las Vegas. The recording and closing will occur er we are here or in Vegas. So why wait for Monday
and fight rush hour traffic. Everyone will be heading south on I-15 we can go north. DW &I I are over joyed. Thanks to all the well wishers lots of positive vibes made it happen. See you on the road. We will be going up I15 to I70 to Denver.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

The latest, drum roll please. THE LOAN FUNDED TODAY!!!!!! I was wondering if this day would ever come. We will be leaving on Sunday morning heading for Las Vegas. The recording and closing will occur er we are here or in Vegas. So why wait for Monday and fight rush hour traffic. Everyone will be heading south on I-15 we can go north. Dw &I I are over hoyed. Thanks to all the well wishers lots of positive vibes made it happen. See you on the road. We will be going up I15 to I70 to Denver.

That is great, dosbeagles. Congrats! Say hello to Vegas for us...

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Thanks for the tip - ronwar. Our daughter lives in Pearland - which is south east Houston - so we think we will try Advanced Rv park in Pealand first. Then head east along the coast! Its very exciting.....but a little scary too. We are in our mid 50's and just gave up two careers but I have a feeling this new lifestyle will be worth it!!

Julie & Kevin Carver

Since we are new to this forum - I went back and read the last 10 pages or so of comments. I got so caught up in Dos Beagles saga that I could not stop reading! lol Thank goodness for a happy ending Chris. What a roller coaster ride! It took us about 8 months to get our house sold and I agree with some of the others - we will never be buying a house again. We have done it 5 times and it is too stressful trying to sell. The new home now will be our Coachmen Encounter motorhome - hopefully for many years to come.

Is anyone going to the Good Sam rally in Atlanta in October?

Julie & Kevin Carver

Archived