RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! Looks like you are having a good time at the Gypsy Journal Rally. I tried to send you a "personal" birthday greeting last night but it was returned to me as "undeliverable". :) I'll resend it when I find your new email address.

Ā 

BIG HUGS........................Pat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! Looks like you are having a good time at the Gypsy Journal Rally. I tried to send you a "personal" birthday greeting last night but it was returned to me as "undeliverable". ;) I'll resend it when I find your new email address.

Ā 

BIG HUGS........................Pat

Ā 

Ā 

Hey Pam, Best wishes for a happy happy (a little bit belated) birthday. I heard you won't be at the rally, we'll all miss you and hope to see you somewhere along the way. SKP Hugs Davena

News Flash for all the RDBE Gals! We just added RDBE member #52! Dorcas White is here in NH waiting to pick up 'her' Volvo 660 from our shop. The DH of RDBE #1 took her Volvo out for a spin and invited Dorcas to take her turn at the wheel. She never drove their MDT, but hopped in the seat, managed the clutch like a pro, stopped on an incline, backed, and parked on her first time out! You'll all get to congratulate her at the HDT rally! Might even pass a white Volvo- Joy Rider on the road, if so give her a thumbs up!!!! Davena RDBE#1

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIELLA!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! Have a wonderful birthday.

We are at the HDT Rally and HDT's are pulling in one after the other. Davena and Henry arrived last night. Will you be here? If so, we'll have a "limoncello" toast at our RDBE meeting.

Ā 

Birthday Hugs......................Pat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! We are at the HDT Rally in Hutchinson. We had our Annual RDBE meeting yesterday and toasted everyone's past, present and upcoming birthdays.....so CHEERS to you!!!

Ā 

Hugs....................Pat

Edited by Pat McFall

Hey guys today David insisted I take over the driving duties for a while and get my feet wet, so here I am !!

Ā 

2956238330060848624S600x600Q85.jpg

Ā 

2524186460060848624S600x600Q85.jpg

Ā 

Yep its straight for sure but no better way to learn and I drove for about 100 miles !!

Ā 

I have joined the ranks now and had a ball !!

Ā 

UTE

Edited by Toterman

Looking at new opportunities !

2008 Ultra Classic

Ā 

Ā 

http://community.web.../user/toterman2

CONGRATULATIONS UTE!!! We are in North Little Rock. Had a couple of "not so good experiences" along the way but we'll get through them. We may be here longer than we thought.

Ā 

HUGS....and KEEP ON DRIVIN'...................Pat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! We'll have our "toast" when we finally make it to Retama....we've been delayed a little.

Ā 

BIG HUGS..................Pat

Ā 

Happy Belated birthdays to Janet and Sue and best wishes for many more. We toasted all the past and up coming birthdays at the rally! It's hard to get to my computer when I'm in the drivers seat, but all the posts do get read to me! By the way; about 9 ladies and 1 gentleman all got to drive Kechup at the rally! Barb was zipping around the campground in yellow Bertha and doing a great job! Jutta was ecstatic that she didn't even stall once. Congratulations Ute' you look very happy behind the wheel! That will be your calendar picture. I will do a report on the meeting, update the member list and email it to all of you. Janet Church suggested that we should do an RDBE cookbook for 2010-11 and she will accept all the recipes and collate it as a 5th RDBE Anniversary Cook Book. Looking for feedback! Also need pictures from some of you that we missed at the photo op on Friday (Harley Drive). Dale, Pat (when you're feeling better), Diane, Jo-Ann, Rosanne, Billie, and not sure how many others. You know who you are, so please send them as a jpeg file to dszmyt@yahoo.com. Gail will be checking on more Tee shirts and will get back to us with the details and cost. Enjoyed meeting lots of new gals, driving with you all, and making you feel comfortable and competent behind the wheel. You all did fantastic, clutching, smooth stops and starts and appropriate use of the air horn! Everyone may not want to drive BUT you NEED to know enough to get it off the road in an emergency! I want to thank Gayle and Sheri for your thoughtful thank you notes. It was very sweet of you and much appreciated. Michal, you took several px of the gals driving. Would love to have some of them for the calendar if you wouldn't mind sending them to me. ( and any others of the meeting etc. etc.). Safe travels to all from the Charger Enterpises RV Repair shop in Elkhart, IN until at least Monday and then back to NH till Thanksgiving. Had a wonderful Amish family style, all you can eat, dinner tonight and will go to the RV Museum Hall of Fame tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some of you this winter, at the EC Rally in May and HDT again next year with all your new trucks!

Hugs, Davena RDBE#1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! We'll have our "toast" when we finally make it to Retama....we've been delayed a little.

Ā 

BIG HUGS..................Pat

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. We are currently in California so for on my birthday, I was able to drive up to see my 86-year old mother who lives about 90 miles from where we are staying. My little sister joined us there and I rarely get to see her so that made it really special. She lives about 120 miles from my mother so it was quite a drive for her for so short a visit. Then on the weekend my two kids and all my grandkids were together for a party for me. It was nice.

Ā 

We are staying on Travis AFB in Fairfield, California just a couple of miles from our son's house.

Ā 

We leave here and start our trip to Retama next Monday, October 27. We have to bring a small U-Haul van with us to transport our woodworking machinery for the little shop we are building in our coach house. Don't know now long it will take to get there but its a long way from here - 2000 miles. Should be there by the 15th at least.

Ā 

Thanks again for the birthday wishes.

Ā 

Sue McCarron

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARITA, I HOPE YOU HAD A FITTING CELEBRATION ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE UP THAT WORK HABIT? HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE EAST COST RALLY. SKP HUGS DAVENA

Edited by hjsdds

Happy Birthday, Pat.

Ā 

Danielle,and I (and Poppy) are thinking of you.....actually, don't know about Poppy....but we are :P

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com