Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

I've left Swan Lake NWR, MO, behind and am presently hosting at Rice Lake State Park in Minnesota. I'll be here about three weeks doing my Mayo clinic check-ups, etc. It looks like the park will be full for the coming Labor Day Weekend! I will enjoy the activity after a very boring three months at Swan Lake. :)

On Sept. 21, I'll head for Indiana Sand Dunes State Park for a week. Meeting my newest granddaughter, near there, is the major thing on my agenda.

From there....who knows?

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulled into the ARCO, ID KOA and was greeted by Shari and Neil Partyka - they have purchased this KOA as a way of staying involved with RVing. Didn't see Ciera yet as she is at school. The world keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hey Barb and Dave, thanks for sharing the info about Shari, Neil, and Ciera. I really liked those guys (especially Ciera). Tell them all I said hi and give my little sweetie Ciera a big hug from Uncle Mike and ask Shari and Neil to post something on this site. I’m sure everyone would love to hear from them. Cheers…………….

mike

@Walmart, Escanaba, Michigan

My blah...blah...blah...blog

I thought the only thing in Arco, ID was Village Of The Trees RV park/store/gas station. We have been known to stay in Arco on our way to/from seeing grand kids in Boise. Will have to check out the KOA sometime now that we know who's there.

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

I thought the only thing in Arco, ID was Village Of The Trees RV park/store/gas station. We have been known to stay in Arco on our way to/from seeing grand kids in Boise. Will have to check out the KOA sometime now that we know who's there.

Hey Dave,

The Village of Trees Park is in Declo...not Arco. We have never visited Arco and may have to drop in sometime next spring to say hi to the owners.

We are beginning preparations to leave the West Coast on the 25th with stops at some of southern Utah's parks and Big Bend NP before reaching the Rio Grande River in November.

Safe travels!!

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hey Dave,

The Village of Trees Park is in Declo...not Arco. We have never visited Arco and may have to drop in sometime next spring to say hi to the owners.

We are beginning preparations to leave the West Coast on the 25th with stops at some of southern Utah's parks and Big Bend NP before reaching the Rio Grande River in November.

Safe travels!!

Gordon

I know. I tried to edit that part when I realized it the other day but it did not accept the edit.

cat called Anne May

I know. I tried to edit that part when I realized it the other day but it did not accept the edit.

I just hate it when edits don't work... :D

I've been drooling over all the crab you keep bragging about!! How cruel!

Take care...and safe travels,

Gordon

Greetings All!

I'm out of the hills right now so my Air Card works and I (FINALLY) have something faster than dial-up! It's getting that time of year for me to start moving about again and right now I'm at Campers Inn at Dunnigan on I-5 with Escapees Chapter 24 on a golf outing.

Been following everything here when I can (which has been seldom). Can't wait for the Hamms to get back on the road where they belong.

If anyone is in the area please join me for Thanksgiving at the Chapter One gathering in Los Banos just off I-5.

After that rally I'll head down the coast to San Diego and then over to Yuma & Quartzite. Hope to find a bunch of our class at La Posta South this winter.

Gordon, are you about ready to go back to Alaska? I'd like to caravan up there the summer of 2011 or 2012. I want to get my share of Salmon and Crab before you guys eat them all up! Interested? Anyone else?

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hey Steve, not to short-change Gordon but there is some talk stirring up about a SOLOs’ trip to Alaska in 2011. Lyn was looking for interested folks awhile back. We may have a braintorming session at the Q so if you’re there you can certainly join in. Cheers for now.

mike

@WalMart, Wabash, Indiana

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Jeff's hand continues to heal well. Still waiting for sensation to return - that may take a long time. He starts therapy next week which may help.

We're heading to the Dallas RV show this week - not that we intend to buy a new one - but just want to look at brands and layouts. Our buying time is getting closer - the wedding is Oct. 10th, after that, we can have some money.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Greetings All!

Gordon, are you about ready to go back to Alaska? I'd like to caravan up there the summer of 2011 or 2012. I want to get my share of Salmon and Crab before you guys eat them all up! Interested? Anyone else?

Steve

Steve,

We do want to return to Alaska but the timing is still up in the air. Our current plan is to stage ourselves in Port Orford, Oregon during the winter of 2010/2011 in preparation for a possible return during the summer of 2011. If we do go, we will cross the US/BC border even sooner than the last time when we made the move on May 9. Seeing all the frozen lakes and rivers on the way north is a special treat!!!

I see that there will be a discussion about an Alaskan adventure in Q this winter, so we will keep our eyes on possible planning that may come out of that gathering.

Physically, we can make the return trip...we will just have to see what happens with the economy between now and then. When we go, we might very well have to make it a working trip...we'll see.

Just let us know on the SKP forums what transpires in Q and we'll see if it all fits in with our thoughts.

Take care and safe travels,

Gordon

Steve

We are interested! We aren't solo's but we would join in for the trip.

John and I have decided to buy a cab over camper and leave fifth wheel in the US. We may have to pull a small trailer for the freezer :(

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

We are interested! We aren't solo's but we would join in for the trip.

John and I have decided to buy a cab over camper and leave fifth wheel in the US. We may have to pull a small trailer for the freezer :)

Diana.....Cool! Maybe it can be worked out. All those pictures Gordon sent back caused me to move Alaska up to the top of my "travel to" list.

Mike....Yup, we'll discuss it at "Q". Lyn is trying to put together a group to go up through Alberta in 2011. I'm trying to put together a group to go up through BC maybe in 2011. Maybe we will all meet up in the Yukon. Wouldn't that be fun?

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hello classmates,

We have been touring the intermountain west this year, currently in Walsenburg, CO. We will move to Albuquerque soon to attend the Balloon Fiesta for the first time. Can't wait. From there we will gradually work our way back to Florida for the Chapter 27 and 15 rallies in November at the SKP park in Bushnell. We still have to spend most of the winter in Florida to see our parents and children. We would like to stay in the Valley one of these years. Our plans for next year are still up in the air. We have thought about workamping or volunteering for part of the year. We joined Workamper and created the resume. We'll just see what happens.

Re: Arco, ID - The Craters of the Moon is awesome but don't miss looking for your high school graduating year carved in the mountain above town.

Hams: We are so happy for you and look forward to seeing you again. We still have great memories of Las Vegas 2007 where we had the best tour guides ever!

Dave and Barb: Sorry we missed you guys this year. It looks like we made our loop backwards. But we have seen so many awesome sights. It's getting too cold in Colorado for flatlander Floridians. We've even been in snow up on the mountains! We were like little kids twirling in the falling snow and throwing snowballs. :rolleyes:

If anyone is headed to Florida this winter, let us know. We would be glad to show you the sights most tourists never see.

Nancy

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Joe and Nancy,

When you start back towards Florida from New Mexico, drop on down to I-20 and stop and see us in Tyler - - we'll be there the last of October and the first part of November. We'll even take you to Mercado's for great TexMex food.

We're just north of St. George and it is HOT - read near 100 today. We drove up into Kolob Canyon today and took one of the trails. At 6500 ft it was a little cooler, but still plenty warm. Dave got up at before 9:00 am (yes, that's correct) so we could do the hike before it became too hot! Hopefully the cold front gets here sometime Tuesday to cool things off.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Joe and Nancy,

When you start back towards Florida from New Mexico, drop on down to I-20 and stop and see us in Tyler - - we'll be there the last of October and the first part of November. We'll even take you to Mercado's for great TexMex food.

Barb

Barb,

Sounds great. We'll get with you as it gets closer. We will be returning from the Balloon Fiesta with long-time friends and new SKP's, Bob and Louise.

Nancy

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! What a freezing cold visit it has been to my son's place in Denver the last few days. Freezing rain, snow, and night time temps around 16*! I can truly say I'll be glad to blow this "popsicle stand" tomorrow. I've been staying at Cherry Creek State Park, an urban oasis. The nonreservable sites are immense, full hook-ups, and many things to do (in better weather) in the park. It is located in the middle of Aurora, CO, with shopping, etc., a minute away. Public transportation very close also for going to Denver.

I'll be heading to Pueblo tomorrow for a few days to see the Royal Gorge and then another stop in S. Colorado before getting to New Mexico. Hope to stop near Bosque Del Apache NWR to hook up with John and Diana in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone else is experiencing better weather than I. :P

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Moved about 250 miles today to Winnemucca, NV. Not so far tomorrow, only 150 or so to Fallon, NV. We are heading to Benson, AZ with stops at Pahrump, NV, Fort Mojave, AZ, Congress, AZ and Gila Bend, AZ in between now and then.

cat called Anne May

Hey all.....We are in Corpus Christi, for a few days. Great timing!!!!! red tide is in and there are dead fish and eels all over the beachs on Padre Island. The air there makes you cough and your eyes burn. Other then that it's nice and warm here. We will head to Goliad State Park in Goliad, TX the first of November to park host till Jan. We start training to park host Escapees parks in Feb. Hope to see you all down the road.

Hello, Classmates from Gail and Keith in Arkansas. We are currently volunteering to fix up an old church with a group called NOMADS (a bof as well as a Methodist Mission group) So we have full hookups in exchange for useful and entertaining work for 3 weeks in a lovely part of "the Natural State". After we finish next week we are going over to Oklahoma to camp for a few days--just to say we have been there. Then we can head south to warmth.

And we are so excited :rolleyes: to have gotten a winter job (thru Workamper) to be interpreters at Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge down along the Rio Grande. We will start work in February and get to be tourists until then. Hope to see some of you down there. Give us a call if you want to take our tram ride so we can find out if we are scheduled that day! We were so inspired by "Altschoolmarm" and John-N-Diana. Thanks for the great example.

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Archived