Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

We are now at Bass Lake, California - just below Yosemite National Park. Probably a couple of weeks to early, but no crowds. We went up to see El Capitan and Half Dome - the driving is rather difficult as they are redoing a lot of the roads and there were a lot of places where you couldn't get to. Couldn't even geocache because of closed roads!

We headed up to Nedler Grove to see the Sequoias today, but at about 5500 feet we ran into snow completely covering the dirt road. And while we usually don't quibble, this was a dirt road with about 1/2 foot of snow covering it and we weren't exactly sure there would be a good turn around place up ahead. And since we were still 3 miles from the area (and another 500 feet up) we gave up - - and there was a geocache there! I know, we are getting soft in our old age.

We head for Sacramento to visit friends on Monday and then on to Sonoma county for 10 days of wine tasting - assuming the livers hold out.

Koepp Family - Welcome to this great class. Let us know where you're traveling - probably one of us will be somewhere around.

Sure glad we're doing the West Coast this spring - - had enough of strong storms last spring going up the East Coast!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We left you prior to Zane Grey in Camp Verde. Zane Grey was great even if we had to replace a toilet. Paul the repair guy did a good job and if we had to be without our facilities for a night, then Zane Grey's facilities were a good replacement.

We're leaving Prescott in the morning unless we get blown out before that. It's off to Buckskin Mt on the Colorado river. One of our favorites. And I'm sure we'll make it to the Chinese Buffet in Lake Havasu City sometime in the next couple of days. See you there? Well, it was a thought.

Randy and Kat Sines with the Furchild Jade

2008 Fleetwood Southwind 35A

2011 Ford Escape

visit our Blog at http://2inabox.blogspot.com/

Hey Steve, I don't know if you ever got an answer from Barb and Dave about their geocaching adventures but all of their finds and comments can be reviewed HERE. You may have to register and sign in first but it's free. Cheers for now...........

My blah...blah...blah...blog

I do not think there is a way to delete a post, duplicate or otherwise.

Anyhow we have had to make a quick trip to western Washington because my dad had a stroke. Will be here trying to get things figured out for a couple of weeks.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Finally!! We have our awning repaired, Vern has his prescriptions, and the weather is great! In the morning we leave for San Antonio, for several days, also plan to see some more of northern Texas on our way to Sedalia for the Escapade. We love our park and lot here in the Rio Grande Valley, but are anxious to get moving, we've been here for 5 months.

See some of you on the road!!

Sue

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

After 10 days in the Sonoma Valley we have moved north to Eureka. We're at the fairgrounds with FHU and they give an Escapees discount! We had to rearrange the basement to accomodate some wine. We've got about 24 bottles on board - should last us a while!!! :rolleyes:

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

After almost a week in Deming, NM, we are heading on toward Texas in the morning. I will be attending carving classes in Kerrville, TX all next week. We will head north after that, all the way to Livingston, then Kilgore to visit the kids there and take care of doctor appointments. Our Celina, TX kids are having twins in June, so guess where we will be then...lol

Judy, Thanks for the suggestion, but we think its just too far for a day trip. We are 20 miles southeast of San Antonio, and just getting around the city took us over an hour the other day. They are in the middle of Festival too, so going through San Antonio is slow going too.

Hope to see you at Escapade.

Sue

Vern & Sue

Hi Ya'll,

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...been busy. I'm working for the Census doing address verifacations for the Census next year. It's only a temp position but it's full time and between that and putting in a garden, cutting grass and chasing the deer out of the garden I'm pretty short on time. This Census stuff is a great way for me to meet all the big dog owning, shotgun carrying neighbors of mine up here in the hills!

Melvis, yes, they taught me all about Geocaching. I love it but don't have time for it right now. Got me a nice hand-held Megellen so I can find them little buggers. There are 4 around here in Loma Rica....someday I'll go hiking and log them.

Scuba Dave, sorry to hear about your dad. Went though that 10 years ago....my thoughts are with you.

Gordon, that is some good wine. I don't think it's going to last all that long!! Thought about staying there at that fairgrounds last time I went north but didn't. Guess I should have if they give a discount for us Escapees.

Duane&louise, I love Kerville.....is the folk festival going on there right now? Be sure to stop by the old drug store in how and get a Cherry or a Lime Phosphate. You just can't get those drinks anymore hardly.

Judy, we have a Wildlife Refuge here along the Sacramento River at Yuba City. You should come spend some time here, that way me & Melivs can come visit you.

Hugs to all...

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

I guess we should jump in here now that we've joined the Escapees group. We started full-timing in October of 2006 and haven't looked back. I'm retiring in 149 days(not that we're counting) so we'll be on the move all the time. We've enjoyed all the posts and laughs on the forum and are looking forward to seeing some of you on the road. If you stop in Albuquerque, holler at us at the High Desert park where Brenda works as the ass't manager(for 149 days that is....) :rolleyes:

Scott and Brenda Schnelle

Olivia and Jasmine, our Miniature Schnauzers

2006 KZ Escalade

2007 Chevy C5500 Western Hauler Conversion

Class of 2006

Lifetime member GoodSams and NRA

Retired Sept 30th, 2009 and now Wingin across the USA

Judy,

It might be a State facility, I have not checked it out just saw the signs along the highway.

Winters here are not bad at all. It does (normally) rain quite a bit and there is fog sometimes but temps are reasonable, seldom down to 32 degrees. There past three years it has not rained very much at all (except for these last 3 days!!!!!!). It is not as cold as Quartzite, not as windy as the RGV but has a lot more overcast & clouds than either. The Sacramento River Delta is a favorite spot for rv'ers and especially for fishermen & boaters.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hello all our 2006'er friends. Long time, no post. My Carpal Tunnel surgery on my right hand in early Feb. left me with a painfully paralyzed hand until yesterday; when, I began physical therapy. It hurts like *!%&. but, I see improvement. Since we last saw most of you, I now have an insulin pump; an electric scooter; orthopedic shoes; hearing aids; and, a scar on my right hand. My tax dollars at work, thanks to the VA...I'm the "Six Million Dollar Man"!

Suzanne & I are perusing the possibility of resuming our fulltime lifestyle early next year (after we get our son, Adam married off this October 10th). We sold our beloved Airstream; so, we are probably going to buy a pre-owned Class A in the $70K-$80K range. Any recommendations you guys might have as to make/model would be appreciated. We also want a toad that we can tow four down without having to crawl under to disconnect/connect things. Any thoughts on that? We miss you guys; and, the option of meeting up with you on the road.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Wow, Hams, sounds like good news for you 2!!!

We are currently in Abilene, slowly heading north and east to Sedalia for Escapade. Anyone else from our class going besides Judy and us?

We have made a reservation at Hickory Hollow Campground in Tightwad MO for a few nights before heading to Sedalia. Maybe others will do the same and we can head to Escapade together, maybe getting to park near our classmates?

Happy travels all.....

Vern & Sue

Jeff & Suzanne - - we would love to see you out on the road again. There are a lot of used coaches out there right now. Though we didn't buy from them (and probably should have) we did like the guys over at Vogt RV - - not sure if they are still in business. Also there are probably LOTS of individuals in the metroplex trying to sell rigs - - this is a buyers market. Newmar is still in business and makes good coaches, both gas and diesel. Hope we get to see you come fall when we return to Texas.

We're now in Washington state - in the rain. It has been raining for over a week off and on. Does make everything green, but usually by this time of year they much drier. We're going to be doing a lot of driveway parking for the next couple of months with relatives before heading for the intermountain west - hopefully to meet up with Joe and Nancy.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Jeff & Suzanne,

We sure hope you are able to find a rig that suits your needs and we look forward to seeing you back out on the road again. Barb and Dave have hit the nail on the head...there are a lot of rigs available right now at a fairly reasonable price if you know where to look. I went on the Internet in December and the computer nearly flew off the table with responses. As a result, we have a nice new home that is serving us very well at this point.

After a visit with friends in Wisconsin, we have turned west and are now packing up for a day's drive to Sundance, Wyoming from our overnight stop here in Oacoma, South Dakota. We will spend two nights in Sundance, arrive for a one-night stop in Billings, Montana on Friday, and pull into Red Rock RV Park on Saturday. We will stay in Island Park, Idaho about 20 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone for a month before moving out to Port Orford, Oregon for the summer.

We hope to see some '06 Classmates along the way!!

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hams - It would be wonderful to see you on the road again. You sure do miss it don't you? Once it gets in your blood it's hard to park it. Lots of great coaches for sale right now. I know you'll be able to find something nice. Saturn makes a good toad but I'd think you'd want something roomer and easier to get in and out of. Maybe a 4-by pickup with manual locking wheels so you could flat tow it??

Gordon - did you see the Sundance Kid in the jailhouse there??

Judy - it IS a National refuge but one of their programs is special bird hunting sessions for kids & handicap so don't figure it would be your cup of tea!!

BTW I'm at the Spring Ralley at the Los Banos fairgounds with Chapter 1 & 38. Last night was the flea market and Sunday the big Basque Festival starts here. Always something going on at this fairgorunds it seems like. Getting hot now...suppose to be over 100 this weekend here in the California Central Valley!!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

We had a nice cool front move through central Texas and our morning low was a "geeez marie, where did I pack away all the pants!" kinda mornng, LOL This is our last week at this refuge before heading east. Looks like we will spend June in southern Florida so I will get the snorklng gear out of storage when we pass down I-10 thru Houston next week. Where are our classmates spending the summer???

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Howdy everyone,

We are currently spending a month in the high mountains of eastern Idaho about 22 miles SW of West Yellowstone, Montana. The park is remote and we seldom hear a man made noise...just the way we like it!! We will leave here on June 15 and begin a three month visit to Port Orford, Oregon on June 25.

Come on by and see us if any of you are out on the left coast.

Safe travels guys!!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Archived