Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Thanks for all of your well wishes. Luckily, the blowout didn't cause much damage; but, it was nerve wracking. We will continue to be "trailer trash" while we are waiting for the VA and the apartment we like to become available (in that order). We will return to Bedford where we lived before; but, it's just a short drive to Tree Tops for a Class of 2006 reunion. We'll stay on the Forum; and, we'll keep reading your blogs; so, be sure to keep us up on your adventures.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff & Suzanne, we're so sorry about your health issues and having to get off the full timing road.

As usual, we'll be spending April/May and Nov/Dec in the Dallas/Lake Fork area doing Dr. stuff and visiting family so we hope to be getting together with you two several times each year. We'll be seeing you at the December reunion in Arlington.

Stay in touch and stay safe.

Jim and Sherri

To find us, we're number 1577 at:

http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1577

Jeff & Suzanne,

Sorry to hear the news...tuff stuff there...because I know how much you love Katherin's Landing and those big, wide Arizona skys.

I sure hope the VA does something unusual and processes your claim QUICKLY!!

An annual reunion in DFW sounds great to me. Can't wait so see you guys again.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Jeff & Suzanne,

We also are sorry to hear you are leaving the road.

We are a little late responding because we are in the hills of WV, and have no phone or net connections at camp,have to wait till we go to Wall-Mart.

If ya'll are staying in one place, maybe we can stop & meet ya some time on our way to the RGV.

Best wishes,

Vern & Sue

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Thanks again to all our amigos for your well wishes. We have our eye on a one bedroom, one bath apartment at The Mansions By The Vineyards in Bedford that should become available after Sept. first. Even then, we will have three times the living space that we've had in the Airstream. But, until a south facing apartment (DISH) becomes available, we will probably stay at Tree Tops in Arlington; except for July 1st thru August 15th; when, we will be in Chicago via Amtrak.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

We finally have move out of North Carolina and are now into Virginia. I know Joe and Nancy are going to beat us to Nova Scotia and get to all of the geocaches before us- - we just can't seem to go very fast. I was thrilled that I got to add another state to our map - it has been a long time since we were in a totally new state. As usual, we didn't get to see all of the things we wanted to see. If anyone is near Asheboro, NC, make sure you go to the NC Zoo. Now I'm not a really big fan of zoos, but this was very good - very large OPEN areas for the animals. We did just their Africa grasslands exhibits (4 hours and over 2 miles of trails) and it was well worth the admission price of $8/senior. Got to love those senior discounts! Plus 2 caches just outside the entrance to the park!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb,

I hope you didn't get hit with that big hail storm that broke all those windshields in Virginia????

I just missed a tornado there in April; moved from south of Richmond to north of Richmond and the tornado hit where I had just left!!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Well, looks like I will NOT be the host at Hickory Creek this summer.

My knee is all messed up and I need to get it fixed. Have an evaluation at the VA in Buffalo this week but they are overworked and only have one Orthopedist so I know things will progress slowly.

Looks like I'll spend the summer here in New York State.

Sorry I wouldn't be able to see everyone who's passing through DFW area this summer!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Steve,

We were at Blacksburg last night - a little thunder and rain but no hail. We've move up to the Front Royal area for the week and then on to Gettysburg next week. Diesel was actually cheaper here than in North Carolina - - it is awful when we were delighted with 4.67 a gallon!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I'll second Gordon & Juanita, Gettysburg is really AWESOME!!!

Maybe it's Niagra Falls for me today....just started raining heavily so not sure yet...??

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Funny!!

The wine tours were great. In fact I'm pollishing off a bottle of Pinot Noir from Chateau Renaissance Cellers right now.

I'm presently outside Buffalo and guess what? The Niagra Reqion has a bunch of wineries also!!!!

Actually I got out of my small Saturn and felt a small "pop" in my left knee. AS the night went on (watching tv) that knee started to ache. I went to be early riguring a good night's rest would fix things up.

About 4 am I woke up in terrible pain and my knee swollen down to the foot! AS soon as I was doped up enough to hobble I went to the VA Emergency in Bath.

They thought I had an infection in the knee and sent me up to the VA in Buffalo.

Buffalo felt I had a torn and inflamed Minicus; took X-Rays and gave me a brace. In two days I meet with them again for evaluation. It has not cleared up; still hurts, motion is limited and taking drugs every day.

Bath seems to thinki Buffalo do surgery. Don't much care what they do as long as they can stop the hurting!!!

By the way, as a California boy I have to admit and New York has some pretty damn good wine!!!

Also by the way...this country is BEAUTIFUL. Everything is so green and lush and many old wonderful buildings & homes from the 1800's!!

I could see living here (except in the Winter!!).

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Steve…dang I hate to hear you crippled yourself. Be careful…Pinot Noir + drugs = you are gonna fall down and pop the other knee. Frozen peas in the bag make a great cold pack to keep the swelling down. Although I know you were looking forward to it, I bet the weather there is better than north Texas during the summer.

Gordon, we paid 4.60 in Anchorage for diesel and here in Kenai we are seeing 4.94 at the pump. We got a little inside scoop on fishing today from some state park hosts. Tomorrow we are going to schedule a half day out of Homer for this week, will let you know how many pounds of Halibut go into the freezer.

Judy, I bought (ANOTHER) sewing machine, $25 at Salvation Army last week and today I my took first quilting class. By the time we get to the valley this fall, I will be ready to take orders, LOL!

Weather here is 45-55 everyday ...and no chance of sun in the ten day forecast. I might have to visit the tanning beds to get some Vitamin sunshine. icon_cool.gif

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Hey Steve. . .enjoyed talking to you on the PM's. Sure hope the VA can get you up and running (pun intended). Lack of mobility sure sucks in our lifestyle.

Jeff and Susanne, I am so sad to hear you have decided to quit the tiny confines of our Can. icon_frown.gif I expect you will enjoy more spacious accomodations. But I can only guess the cost.... We will look forward to DFW reunions!

Keith and Gail are enjoying the serenity of the Tetons. Soon we will move into a National Forest CG along a rushing river full of trout. Never trout fished before, but we plan on a new experience. Next will be time in Grand Teton then Yellowstone. This visit is the first time we have been in Wyoming (or Utah). I love it! Unfortunately this part of the world is in the middle of the longest rainy spell in recent memory. Might as well be the Pacific Northwest!

OR ALASKA..... but the price of fuel scared us off and we are living vicariously through you intrepid northern travelers. Go for it.

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Diana - I'll order one too; gotta keep my knee warm.

Keith & Gail - Trout fishing is the best; fighting little buggers. You yank one about 7-8 inches out of the water and drop him into a frying pan. Best eating in the world!

Jeff & Suzanne - Thanks for the wishes. I'm close to Niagara Falls right now and want to do that big hike into the Cave of the Winds (and get soaked!!). Hope they can fix me soon.

Hugs to all

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Jeff & Suzanne,

Sorry to here your leaving the road, but understand why. We hope to see you guys sometime on our travels that way.

Keith & Gail,

While your in the area (kind of), go to the Mesa Verde National Park (cliff-dwellers). WOW, what a place, we planned 2 days and then spent a week.

We're now in Michigan until late July for our Annual Grandbaby Fix and then plan to do the Wash/Oregon/Cal coast this fall..... DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

Just got back from my VA appointment.

Xrays say I have a good knee, so no replacement is contemplated.

They did give me a Cortizone shot in the knee and a follow up scheduled in 6 weeks.

If this doesn't work then it is a series of "Hyalgan" (it's like super-lube for the knee) injections in the knee.

If that doesn't clear things up then they will go in with the little scope and see what's up.

My fingers & toes are crossed that it doesn't get to that point.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Steve

Told ya you didn't want to go to Texas in the summer! I'm glad you will not to have surgery!

A little birdie told me you told him nice things about me, thanks. I'm at Black Hill with Karen, it has been raining, flooding, high winds, cold and even a few snow flakes today, can you believe it!

Take care Cowboy icon_razz.gif

Cookie

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

WoooHooo Steve, keep that good news coming!!! icon_biggrin.gif Like Cookie said, you ARE glad you won't be here in the summer. . .it's already hitting record morning highs of 80 degrees with high humidity. High this afternoon will be in the mid-nineties. And, we haven't hit hot weather yet (July-September).

Steve, your knee icon_eek.gif. Sure hope they get it fixed up fast-- as I recall the Cave of the Winds, it is slippery, but not a hike; they use an elevator! Niagara is awesome! We also enjoyed a New York State Park in the area call Letchworth. Good camping and waterfalls. Not that they compare to Niagara. We are looking forward to fishing-license-free day tomorrow at the river. mmmm

Dave and Toni, thanks for the tip about Mesa Verde. We took a route detour to see it again before we got this far north. All through New Mexico we soaked up pueblos, petroglyphs, and ancient sites like Bandolier and Chaco Canyon. Acoma is also worth the trip. And the Pueblo Museum in ABQ is excellent. I think I could spend a long time in New Mexico, but this beautiful Wyoming..... well, high today is 44 and it is steadily raining. That is why we settled into the local library. We parked the rig in a Forest Service CG (free) along the Greys River. I guess this is the first time we have actually boondocked (as opposed to dry camping) since Q. Can't see the tops of the mountains...

Loving this life icon_cool.gif

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

I drove right past Letchworth State Park (the Grand Canyon of the East) on my way to Buffalo area.

I'll be staying at a campground right neat there in a week or two. Hope I'll be able to do some hiking!!!

Thanks all

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hey Steve,

Get that knee working...you have to be able to get to those back tables at the Longhorn Cattle Co in the RGV this coming winter. icon_biggrin.gif

Gail and Keith,

We are watching your travels carefully, so keep up the reporting. We plan on heading for eastern Utah, southwestern Colorado, and Sante Fe before our drive back to the RGV this coming winter.

We are leaving Palmer in the morning and plan on spending a week in Seward checking out the Kenai Fjords and other sights in the area. Palmer has been great...just can't believe the rocky mountain view outside our windows at 11:00 PM now...the sun is hitting the snow covered peaks between the clouds...spectacular!

Safe travels everyone!!!!!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Archived