Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

I'm in Bath, NY, visiting my best friend since high school, some 48 years ago. Pete has a couple of acres and a nice garden. He's been feeding me fresh Asparagas from that garden. Yummy!!

Today the Amish farmers from the area came in to town for a Framers Market. Lots of nice, fresh stuff.

I MISS MY GARDEN!! I have a really strong urge to dig up the soil and plant again.

I don't regret fulltiming but I really WANT A GARDEN AGAIN!

Has anyone else ran into something that they miss and is really drawing them back to the "old ways"???

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven,

Get yourself a couple of pots and plant something. Put them in the sink when you move, or on the floor in the car in a box - then you can stick that green thumb in some dirt every once in a while. icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Dave/Barb,

I know but it's not the same. I want tomatoes and tall corn and bell peppers and....and.....sigh.

At least there are Amish here in New York.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Yeah!! We are back on the road again. We are at Harrison Bay State Park in Chattanooga and will begin our trek toward the Maritimes. We plan to catch up with Dave and Barb to enjoy some Lobster, the scenery and of course; geocaching.

We switched from our big truck and fiver to a Class A with a Saturn Vue for a toad. We just love it.

After reading behind Duane and Louise and now Gordon and Juanita, we hope to have plenty of information for our future trip to Alaska.

We hope to meet more of you on our travels.

Nancy

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Gordon and Juanita When you get to Tok you may want to try the SOURDOUGH CAMP GROUND. It was $32.oo last year, a little high, but they had nightly entertainment that was great fun. I just checked my blog and saw that I had not mentioned that in there. They have a pancake breakfest in the morning.

Joe and Nancy - good to hear you're on the road again. We've been thinking about you with all those fires in Florida - hope your family is nowhere close.

We're dropping the Airstream off at the repair shop in Dallas tomorrow for some help after our blow out in California. Nothing major was hit, but some minor body damage - then we're on the way to a Grandkid fix. If all goes well, we're leaving DFW by June 6th and headed toward Michigan.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hey Hams,

We're in Nappanee,IN right now getting an appointment for late July to have a cracked kitchen cabinet replaced.

From here we head back to our old stomping grounds in Michigan. WE GOT 2 NEW GRANDBABIES TO SEE !!!!!! We'll be in the Lansing area until late July, so give us a e-mail or call (517)282-9616 if your in the area DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

Hay Ya'll,

I'll be moving up to Buffalo on the 2nd to see Niagra Falls and visit the VA Hospital. I'll stay a week there and then head West along the lake shore.

I need to visit my Four Winds manufacture there in Elkhart, IN. I understand that there are lots of rv campgrounds in the area.

Do I need to make reservations? Any recommendations on where to stay??

State Parks & USCOE & National Rec Areas are always high on my list because they are generally cheaper (need the savings for gas!@!).

Thanks.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hey Steve,

2 places come to mind. The Elkhart Fairgrounds I hear is nice and Playmore RV Park in Nappanee. We stay right at the factory, so I don't know much about the rest. Check with Four Winds, they might have an area .... DAVE icon_cool.gif

Hey Steve, There are lots of places you can park for free in the Elkhart/Goshen Area. There are RV friendly WalMarts in both towns and many, if not all, of the RV manufactures in the area will let you park overnight free. If you need hookups, the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, where the fall Escapade was held should be cheap. I don’t know about Passport America places. The WalMart in Goshen is also buggy (as in Amish) friendly which is interesting. Good luck.....................mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Well, I finally left the Texas heat wave behind a few days ago, but now I'm slowly traversing New Mexico. There have been three days of high wind warnings and the warnings came true. By traveling before noon I've been able to make it to Grants and will stay for the holiday weekend. I hope to visit El Morro National Monument tomorrow if the weather improves. There is snow on the surrounding hills (mountains?) and it hailed a little this afternoon. What a contrast to the beginning of the week. icon_eek.gif

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Judy,

Glad to hear you are on the road again. If you find a good spot in New Mexico to spend a winter please let me know.

Dave & Mike,

Thanks for the input. The fairgounds sounds like my best bet. Come visit me in Texas this summer if you are brave enough!!!

Hugs,

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hey everyone---We are following in Gordon and Juantia's footsteps, we are about 4 days behind them currently in Toad River, BC heading for Alaska for the summer...It sounds like everyone is staying busy and having fun...we enjoy keeping up with what everyone is up to..we did have a unfortunate incident recently, we were camped in Moab, Utah and a lady pulling a fifth wheel ran into our motorhome...the drivers side corner...we will wait until getting back from Alaska to get it fixed...

Joe and Nancy---Congrats on the new house, I know you are going to love the motorhome...give us some details!

Howdy everyone,

We are spending our second night of six in Fairbanks...having a great time checking out the sights, sounds...and food! icon_smile.gif

Our little furry friend has a biological clock that keeps him asleep through the "normal" night cycle...now with 24 hours of daylight. We, on the other hand, are making good use of our sleep masks. They are actually very comfortable, and we can create dawn whenever we want. icon_cool.gif

We are looking forward to seeing John-n-Diana who are already in Soldotna, and Rick and Carol who are still someplace on the way.

Safe travels all....

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hey all you Alaska adventurers. . .hope you are reaping the bounty of wilderness wonders we flatlanders always see on the Travel Channel. We are back in Arlington, Texas getting our grandkid fix; and, getting the Airstream fixed (blowout damage; and, holding tank leak).

Suzanne and I have decided to get off the road for good due to my mobility problems in particular; and, health issues in general. Add to that, fuel prices keep rearing its ugly head. We are going to live in the Airstream; and, various area CoE parks through June. Then we are taking Amtrak to Chicago to spend July 4th with Adam & Laura; then, stay with them thru mid-August while I get my insulin pump & other VA medical stuff. Upon returning to the Ft. Worth area, if I have gotten my 100% disability started, we will rent an apartment; and, put the truck and Airstream (and everything for the road) up for sale.

We plan to keep up with the Forum as former "road warriors" to keep up with you who "remain in the trenches". We'll see ya when you come thru North Central Texas. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Two Hams,

Well, you two will always be road warriors to us and we look forward to seeing you in a fixed location when we pass through DFW.

We will all have to face the same decision sooner or later, but it sounds like you are making all the right choices as dictated by current conditions.

We know that you will be riding along with us...please keep in touch.

We'll be thinking of you...

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Two Hams.......Sorry to hear that you have to give up the road. Good luck to you in your future endeavorns. We will be in the Dallas area till September, then heading to California for a workcamp job there for the winter. I hope we will be able get together sometime before we leave this area.

Jeff & Suzanne,

So sorry to hear that circumstances dictate that you have to come off the road but we understand the reasons for it. And we will be able to see you every year when we come through Arlington at Christmas time.

Dave & Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Jeff and Suzanne,

We know you hate to give up this life on the road, but you've made some great memories along the way. We certainly enjoyed getting to know you two. You are very special people.

It sounds like the Class of 2006 should make Ft. Worth a regular reunion site! Do I hear a second on that?

Best of luck to you both.

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Jeff & Suzanne,

Sorry to hear you guys are leaving the life style. Good luck in all you do and hoping you able to overcome you current hurdles.

Dick and Paula

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Jeff and Suzanne,

We are saddened to hear you are leaving this life on the road. I have always enjoyed keeping up with your travels and the fun and lighthearted things you two enjoy. The blowout had to be a terrible ordeal to go through and then getting everything back in order. I know, it seems there is always something that needs fixing. Wait, actually there usually is. ïŒ But anyhow, get the ole man healthy and back on his feet and hopefully we will see you two again on the road maybe scooting around in a little Class C ???? hugs!

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Archived