Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Barb and Dave, Jeff and Suzanne and other class members attending the get together in Arlington,Tx on the 20th.

Johnny and I will not be able to join you guys this year. Our daughter is 35 weeks pregnant and has been placed on bed rest, so I am staying by her side for the duration. The doc is hoping for at least one more week before delivering, but hoping for two. She is battling Pre-eclampsia symptoms.

Any way, hope you all have a great time and a blessed holiday.

Merry Christmas class!

Billie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Steve,

Let us know when you get in...we have been in Harlingen for a couple of weeks now. It's nice and warm down here with daytime temps in the 80's for the rest of the week. icon_cool.gif

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

For those of you in Arlington, directions to our site:

At the 4 way stop on Arbrook (where you see Tree Tops office) turn north on Melear, go over the creek and turn west on Point Trail. We are facing the second road to the right, second site with Santa Hats on the mirrors. There are extra park spots on Point Trail between the first and second roads. See you tomorrow anytime after 2 pm.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hey Steve, Glad to hear you are coming to the RGV. The weather is fantastic down here and I look forward to seeing you again.

I cannot host a reunion as I am working at Laguna Atascosa NWR, but I think I could get a few days off to meet with whoever comes on down for a reunion.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Since nobody except can see my pin on the map I guess I'll have to keep posting on here!

Just arrived at the Texas RV Park and said my hello's to Jeff, Suzanne 7 Madison. I'll stay here until the 24 then head for Livingston.

Mike - are you still in Livingston??

After a few days there I'll start south. Is there any good New Year's festivities going on in the RGV??

C y'all down there where it is warm. (Two nights ago in Demming it got down to 18...I was cold!! Even CiCi & Leo jumped on the bed to snuggle!!))

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

We are currently in Aransas Pass, TX, just across the bay from Corpus Christi. We will be in Mission on the 29th and will post after that about possible date/time for a get together.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hi Steve, I think we probably just passed each another on I-10. I am on the west edge of New Mexico now(Flying J, exit 24)heading to Yuma for Christmas then to Northern Cally for awhile. Hopefully I make it back to Arizona by late Jan/early Feb. Cheers for now............mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

We had a wonderful gathering here in Arlington last week. Sure was good to see everyone again.

Merry Christmas to all of the 06ers. Hope we meet up with more of you this year - may you have good weather and smooth roads for the year ahead. icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Thanks Barb. And a HO HO HO to you too!!!!I should have written yesterday, but never got around to it. Mae Dean and I did enjoy getting together with you and the other '06ers this year. We will be in LA (Lower Alabama) during Jan amd Feb. Then it's back to Jackson, MS most or March. We are to be volunteers at Cumberland Gap National Historic Park from April 15 - Jun 15, then as volunteers at Fort Pulaski near Suvannah, Ga during July and August. No real plans after that, but I think I would like to do the Hill Country of Texas in late 2008.

Christmas Eve Gift to all the 06ers. You Southerners will know about Christmas Eve Gift.

We had a great time at Barb and Dave's on the 20th - such great company. Also enjoyed the company of Steve as an audience member at our show at the Gaylord on Saturday night. We won't make the RGV reunion this year as we are not dropping that far south on our way to the west, but hope to get together with more of you on the road this next year. Happy Christmas to all!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Thanks to Barb & Dave for sharing their home for a few hours with us wandering nomands.

For those who have not seen Jeff & Suzanne in the play, do so. The food is GREAT, the show, so-so (kidding). Had a great time.

Since the Frapper map still has me hid, I am now in Livingston, space 145. Drop by if you are in the area.

Tonight was the Christmas Party and tomorrow the Christmas Dinner. (It seems like all I do on this adventure is eat!)

Cheers,

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Merry Christmas all :+) We had a lovely holiday, my hope is that you all did as well.

RGV get together ....how about some one day hook-ups

The flats area just east of the convention center is free and a great place to meet up for a get together as long as the weather is clear and not too windy. It would be a tailgate kinda thing.

I am looking into a laguna madre flats fishing trip out of Arroyo City and there are some dolphin watching cruises but they are flaky to schedule because of the weather.

Maybe we should meet in Progresso for shopping, dining, planning, etc!

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

John-n-Diana,

Had a wonderful Christmas Dinner here at Rainbow's End. Tonight is leftovers...YUM!

I'll be leaving in a few days for the RGV. Never been there before but from the maps it looks like there are a lot of towns and lots of RV Parks.

Where exactly is this Convention Center you are talking about?

Thanks.

Steve Ball

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

icon_smile.gifHey...GUYS...

Happy "Day After Christmas"...Here's hoping that you all had a great one...we certainally did...I'll be posating pics on our blog soon...

I received the "Christmas Eve Gift"...my Grand Mother always did that and I have carried on the tradition...Thanks for the memory...

We're still at Lake Menden in "Sunny California"...(been really cold though)...we'll be moving on the 5th of the month, to Coloma, CA to the Ponderosa 1,000 Trails ...then after that (leaveing on or before th3 26th)... most probably ... we'll be headed back to The Alameda Fairgrounds...

Any way guys, have a great day...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Like Judy stated it is on the bay side on SPI. They don't allow camping there, I think there is a county park campground and a KOA campground on the island to the right after you cross the causeway. NOTE: SPI is within an hour's drive from most anywhere in the RGV for a day trip.

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

It's hard to imagine but it's now 2008.

I can not believe just how fast 2007 went by! It seems like only a few weeks ago I was sitting on the desert at Quartzite, watching the beautiful sun rise and waiting for the rest of the '06ers to arrive!

It has been an interesting year with miles put on our rigs; many, many miles in some cases. For most of us it looks like 2008 will be even more interesting, full of new explorations and new adventures. I just hope that everyone in the Class of 2006 has a wonderful and SAFE 2008.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Happy New Year Y'all icon_biggrin.gif

Keith and Gail are in Mission now. Dave and Diane, we are staying 3 months at Tradewinds, which is pretty close to Mission Gardens. Let's do something together; we haven't been to Pepes yet.

Judy and John-n-Diane and Gordon n Juanita; since we will spend most of the time in the west end, the east end of the RGV would be a great daytrip! You might also enjoy a daytrip to the west end...

Steve, let us all know where you have settled??

Also, the Frapper map shows Mark and Dale Bruss just down Bentsen Palm Drive from Dave and Diane. Retama Village is gorgeous. Tell us about it? Lets meet.

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Gail and Keith,

We didn't know that y'all were heading out this way...great to see you here! icon_smile.gif We joined friends at Pepe's a couple of days ago for a fine meal and great music, and have no problem heading back that way...it's only 45 minutes down the road from our location in Harlingen.

We are staying at the Encore Sunshine RV Resort on the north end of town.

It looks like we have a good group of 2006 grads in the area and I believe Steve Ball will be here soon. It's time to party! icon_biggrin.gif

Let us know...we're good for whatever, wherever, whenever!!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We are also here for 3 months so a get together for "Happy Hour", lunch, tailgate party or other idea is very possible. We could even do more than one get together. Just let us know where and when.

I do not have an air card and the wifi is only at the clubhouse here so I am usually only on line every couple of days or so.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

How about a picnic lunch at a city park? We could eat and chat for as long as we wanted. Weslaco or Donna seem to be centrally located between Harlingen and Mission. Dizzy Blonde and Fedexman, do you know of a place near you? We have not been to Pepe's, where is it?

We are 10 miles north of Weslaco, and can drive wherever y'all decide to meet.

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Hay Gang,

Let's wait at least until the 7th......I arrive in Edinburg on the 6th. I'll be staying at the Lazy Palms Ranch.

I'll stay there a week and then work my way down to Brownsville.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Archived