Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Charlie - thanks so much for reporting back on Gene and Shirley. We're glad things are looking up and will keep them in our thoughts and prayers as they are on the road to recovery.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melvis, funny thing, we leave Saturday for Savannah. The CG we were going to stay at is full and we have been waiting for a site to open up. If it hasn't by Saturday we will be staying at Skidaway state park. We will be back here at King's Bay for 2 weeks in Jan. and then 2 weeks at Mayport. I will have my Hughes dish up till late friday night then I will tear down all the goodies and pack for the trip to Savannah. If you are coming in on Saturday the back gate will be open, I think they call it the north gate. The one with the sub has been closed most of the week and the main gate is usually closed by noon Saturday... Dave and Betsy

Dave and Betsy, Beau the Lab, 06 Duromax/Allison. N4SIJ. Class of 06. We have a Big Sky Montana. In the Savannah, Ga. area for the bulk of the winter. "Some RV salesmen are like Slinkys, not good for much, but they make you smile when you kick them down the stairs"

Yesterday was our last day as a volunteer here at Wolf Creek National Fish Hatchery in Jamestown, KY. We will leave in two or three hours and drive to Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama for the night. Then on over to Olive Branch, MS for Thanksgiving.

We will be in Jackson, MS and Arlington TX for most of December. We plan on being in South Louisiana for most of Feb.

Looked out the window when I got up and everthing was white. Not snow, but frost. Could be the bigest frost that I have ever seen in my 72 years.

Wendell

For those of you who are interested, Jeff made the Fort Worth Star-Telegram today promoting the show we do at the Gaylord. Here's the link for the story: http://www.star-telegram.com/performing_ar...ory/304660.html

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

icon_biggrin.gifI agree with Steve...great picture...I know you guys must be having a great time with this show...

Shirley got "Reb" out of the hospital yesterday...they will be staying in the Santa Rosa 'till Monday, then they will be heading back up to Washington...Shirley's "BIL" will be driving the coach for them... icon_smile.gif

She said last night that "Reb" is doing fine, a little weak but progressing pretty well for an "old codgger" icon_wink.gif, considering all that he has been through...

Shirley is doing pretty well too...tired and anxious to get this next trip under their belt but they are doin' great...

We will be going back up to see them tomorrow and to move the coach from Cloverdale up to the hotel where they are staying in Santa Rosa...

They dodged the bullet, this time, thank goodness... now the healing has to take place...and it will and they will be back out on the road in no time...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

That's good news about Gene and Shirley. . .those hospital episodes are definitely scary. Mine was; but Gene, you hold the trump card! Get well soon!!

Thanks Steve & Charlie. . .the article named our show the Ft. Worth/Dallas Pick Of The Week which resulted in last night and tonight's shows being sold out. One third of December's shows are also already sold out. We still don't have our December schedule yet other than we do know we will be performing at The Gaylord Texan on Saturday, Dec. 22 at 5pm and 8:15pm. Actually, Suzanne & I will be performing every weekend in December. . .we just don't know where yet. Hope some of you who might be in the area can come. . .you'll have a good time! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Charlie,

Thanks for the update on Reb and Shirley...we are pleased to hear that he is out of the hospital and that they are both doing alright considering the situation.

Jeff and Suzanne,

Wish we could get north for the show, but we will soon be heading in the other direction towards the RGV. We will certainly try to catch one of your performances one of these days when you are close to our path.

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

icon_biggrin.gifSpent a great day with Shirley and Reb yesterdasy...Reb seems to be progressing pretty well...we successfully got the Coach from Cloverdale to Santa Rosa without too much of a problem...you should have seen Shirley and I trying to get the seatbelts from under the couch and through the crack that they needed to come through so that we could use them...my goodness...what a sight that must have been, with me on the floor, holding the couch in just the right position with my back, so Shirley could get her hand through the crack to get the belts and get them in the proper position...I'm sure that it would have won the "Funniest Home Vodeo" award...but we

"Got-Er-Done"... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I know that they both won't really settle down and rest 'till they get back up to Washington and to Reb's "real" doctors...and also when they get that beautiful "ALFA" parked where they will be staying for a while... icon_wink.gif

They are leaving Santa Rosa today with Shirley's "BIL" at the helm...hopeing to make it to Redding on the first leg...they plan to be home as quick s possible...that is to Graham, WA...continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers...for health and good weather... icon_smile.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Good news about Gene and Shirley. I know how good it feels to have physicians you are familiar with and trust - really does make a difference. Here's hoping it is a short hiccup.

We have joined Gordon and Juanita for a week in Kerrville - Gordon called this morning to check on us and see if we left on "Dave Time" - we did! Both our coach and our toad are wearing a lot of west Texas grime!

Will be in Livingston next week.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

That was good news about Gene & Shirley. Get well soon.....

Hay Guys, I AM ON THE ROAD! At last! Said goodbye to my brother yesterday ending my two summer commitment to him and I am now free to roam as I will!

Right now in Los Banos for the annual Thanksgiving even with Chapter One and then on to JoJoBa Hills for a few days.

Jeff & Suzanne, I am coming your way but don't know when in Dec. I will be there.

C U all on the road.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Looks like Dec 20th in the afternoon (2-4 or so) would be a good time to get together. As I said we will be at TreeTops in Arlington. I'll post the site number when we get there on the 19th.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We arrived yesterday at Escapees Raccoon Valley in TN. We are looking forward to enjoying our first holiday with our Escapees brethren. Shelly and I have SOOO much to be thankful for!

Loving Life,

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Hey all....We have made it to Celina, Texas and are parked in our sons driveway for a few days. We have all the doctors appointments to take care of while we're in Texas. We will have to go our other sons house in east Texas for them. Our doctors are all in Shreveport, La. We hope to get to the party at Barb and Daves place. Planning on driving the car to Ohio for Christmas this year. If we decide to go early we won't make the party. We hope to get to visit with some you while we're in the area.

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

duaneweg@yahoo.com

Steve - as far as we know there are still seats for the 22nd. Here's the Gaylord link to book reservations online. Sorry they don't give us peons any discounts or comps.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/...erChristmas.cfm Hope to see you there!

Here is my & Suzanne's Murder Mystery December schedule for the "public" shows (as opposed to private Christmas party shows). We are performing on Friday, Dec. 7th; but, that show is sold out. We do two shows (5pm and 8:15pm) on Saturday, Dec. 22; and, on Friday, Dec. 28th. As of 5pm today, there are still tickets available for these shows. Tickets are $55 each; so, please don't feel like you have to come to see it if it makes "Santa" uncomfortable; but, if you can come, let us know when.

icon_biggrin.gif Hi Everyone We just wanted to say a big Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. And a special thanks to Mike and Charlie. Your friendship and kindness mean so much to us.

We made it back to Washington. My brother-in-law drove like a champ. We left late Monday morning, and arrived about 7pm on Tuesday.

It was a good trip, and we made it home for Thanksgiving with the family. We have so much to be thankful for. It was a very terrifying time for us. But, Gene is doing well. He just needs time to get his strength back.

Will be seeing his doctors next week, so we will know exactly what to expect.

Travels are on hold for now, but hopefully in our future.

Again, thanks to everyone for your good wishes. It's wonderful when you have so many people who care.

We are new to this discussion board, we have been fulltimming since Dec. 06 and have enjoyed every moment of it and the people along the way that we have met. We are currently volunteering at the CARE Center in Livingston, and would love to meet any 2006'ers if you are in the park. Stop by volunteer row, we are in the black winnebago.

Hugs,

Ed & Hazel

Ed & Hazel

2006 Winnebago Adventurer

1999 Toyota 4Runner

Dottie & Callie (the travelin cats)

We're now in Livingston - site #145.

Had a wonderful week with Gordon and Juanita, even if some of the days were less that optimal for geocaching. We even went to see Lukenbach, TX - - but Willie, Waylon and the boys weren't there.

Will move up to Tyler for 2 weeks of physicians appointments, etc. on Monday the 3rd, then to Arlington for Christmas.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hi all. . .FYI. . .the early (5:00pm) show on December 22nd is sold out; but, as of a few minutes ago, the late (8:00) show still had tickets available. For December 28th there are still tickets available for both shows. Get 'em while you can!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived