Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

That's the problem....the link to me was somehow lost during their transition. I can't edit the darn thing...that one or the one on SOLOs. Just delete them all and let me know and then I will re-add myself and hopefully be able to edit the new pin.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

We're back where we all started last year...Quartzsite....... It's really nice here right now...high 90's....low 60s.... and can't see anyone from where we are. Dome Rock Exit is #11 on I-10 and we'll be here for the next few days.......Site #14 I think, 3rd cactus from the light colored rock....DAVE icon_cool.gif

We only have 3 more days to be volunteers here at Worf Creek National Fish Hatchery. Those will be Nov 9,11, & 15. We will leave here on the 16th, and go down to Olive Branch, MS. That's right outside of Memphis, TN. We should be there on the 18th. We will be there for about a week or so, then down to Jackson, MS for a couple of week. We will leave our MH in Jackson and go to Arlington, TX for about a week during Christmas.

Right now I think we will go down to south Louisiana for the month of Jan. We've never been down to the Cajun country. Should be a nice place to spend about a month.

Mae Dean is starting to write a blog. If anyone would like to see it it's at http://maedeans.blogspot.com/

Wendell

Wendell, If you don't have a place in Jackson MS, we stayed at a really nice park there. Its called Goshen Springs, northeast of Jackson on the Ross Barnett Resevoir. They have double wide cement pads, 50 amp full hook ups, and very near the water if you like to fish. They have seasonal rates, although we paid the daily rate of $13. Most of the rigs there were long term sites.

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

OK guys - Thursday December 20th or Thursday, December 27th? Those are the two days I've come up with that don't seem to conflict with Christmas or pre-Christmas family activities (ours and others). What looks good?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Melvis, how far south ya headed, we are on our way to Savannah but are taking the long way around. down I-55 to 12 to I-10 to I-95. We are racing just ahead of the really cold weather. We left Land O Lakes, Wi. Thursday and it snow 10 inches yesterday and last night. We left southern Wi. yesterday and are in St. Louis and it supposed to be 24 in the morning, we better pickup the pace. I am real tired of cold... Dave and Betsy

Dave and Betsy, Beau the Lab, 06 Duromax/Allison. N4SIJ. Class of 06. We have a Big Sky Montana. In the Savannah, Ga. area for the bulk of the winter. "Some RV salesmen are like Slinkys, not good for much, but they make you smile when you kick them down the stairs"

Barb and Dave, the 20th will work for us. We're leaving the morning of the 27th for our 4th year at Q. After you confirm the date with others, post the time and place. I assume Treetops is the place (what site #). Thanks for hosting this get together again.

Jim

To find us, we're number 1577 at:

http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1577

Melvis, we are trying for monday or tuesday next week to be in Savannah. We will be staying at Red Gate Farms. Tiny little CG eleven sites I believe but very open and pretty inexpensive. we plan on three weeks to a month there then up to VB, Va. for Xmas and then a caravan with two other rigs to Kings Bay for two weeks and on to Mayport for two weeks. From there it is up in the air. Would like to do Sigsbee RV park in KW for a couple weeks. But the other prices are outrageous in the Keys. Been down there on deployments many times during the "high season" but always had a place to stay. Don't cherish boondocking for two weeks either, at least till we get some solar and a genset. The new Big Sky has more than enough water and black and grey capacity to handle a week or so. But the single Battery is way too little even for conservative boondocking. We will be leaving Sikeston in the morning for one night in Memphis, then one night in Biloxi, one or two nights in Panama City, then on to Kings Bay for the last road night and into Savannah on either Tuesday or Wed. If you are still that far north we can touch base, otherwise have a good trip to the keys... Dave and Betsy.

Dave and Betsy, Beau the Lab, 06 Duromax/Allison. N4SIJ. Class of 06. We have a Big Sky Montana. In the Savannah, Ga. area for the bulk of the winter. "Some RV salesmen are like Slinkys, not good for much, but they make you smile when you kick them down the stairs"

Dave and Barb, We had planed on leaving Jackson on th 20th ariving in Arlington late in the day. We alo had planed on leaving Arlington early on the 27th. Having nothing to tie us down we can change either way. All things concidered I think the 20th would be the best date. Just confirm that date, give us a time and a site #. Mae Dean and I will be there.

Wendell

John and I are just north of Port Isabel with only a 20 minute ride over to South Padre Island. The water clearity is wonderful and I have been 20 questioning all the fishermen that visit the refuge with their birding wives about where to fish, what and how much they are catching. With four off days a week we are going to research some guided fishing trips as well as a local county park with two piers.

Judy Bell and I work Saturdays at the visitor center at Laguna Atascosa and will start running some walks and bird tours after Thanksgiving, so stop in if you are in the area. We are hoping for a class get together in February? Who is already in the RGV???

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

For any of you who might be in the DFW area in Nov/Dec. We're doing the Christmas show at the Gaylord Texan again. We are performing this Friday and Saturday Nov 16-17 - two shows each day - one at 5 p.m. and one at 8:15 p.m., and we will be in multiple shows in December but do not have our Dec. schedule yet. Check out this website http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/...erChristmas.cfm if you're interested in attending. (See Jeff's picture as the evil E.B. Neazer.) There are already 5 shows sold out, so you have to be quick if you're interested. We'll post our December schedule as soon as we get it.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

icon_smile.gifWe'll be here int the Bay Area of Northern CA this winter...so if anyone is on the road, goin anywhere, through here, give us a holler...

We're still at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton,CA... they are havin' huge car show here this weekend...so we'll be checkin' that out for sure... icon_cool.gif

The weather has been awesome...but it is gettin pretty clear that we really need some rain... icon_cool.gif

I think we're suppose to get a little bit this weekend and possaby some next week...but otherwise it has been georgous in the high 70's in the daytime and in the low 50's ands high 40's in the nighttime... icon_wink.gifCan't complaim about the weather at all.... icon_smile.gif

Anyway Jeff and Sue...we wuld love to see the production...it sounds like great fun...maybe next year!!!

Y'all be careful out there...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

I hate to be the one that brings sad news but I think that you will want to know that one of your classmates needs special prayers from all of us... Gene and Shirley (therebnme) have been going through hell the last week when they got to California. Gene(Reb) had been bleeding internally and also had a mild (is there such a thing) heart attack.... They had to get him to the hospital in Santa Rosa where they pumped 6 pts of blood in him. He has come out of intensive care recently and Shirley and the family are hoping to get him back to Washington as soon as he can travel....

Shirley is still upbeat although I'm not sure how she does it but they do need your support and prayers......

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

icon_smile.gifJust talked to Shirley again this afternoon...they were on their way to spend Thanksgiving with us on their way South...and got waylayed... icon_frown.gif

Today they said that they thught that the bleeding was from the Acid Reflux...that being saids...it also caused the heart attack...

icon_frown.gif

Just pray guys that he will be well and that Shirley has peace... icon_smile.gif

We are going to go see them tomorrow...Will give a report when we get home...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

icon_biggrin.gifWent to see Reb ands Shirley this afternoon...they are doing really good...that isa for the shape they're in...Reb is getting better and Shirley is holding up well...Her family has been very attentive...and that always helps... icon_wink.gif

They hope to be released from the hospital in the next few days and then back to Washington 'till Reb gets his satrength back...

It was so good to see them...they are such great people and great friends... icon_smile.gif

Keep prayin' for his full recovery...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Archived