Posting Pictures

SWharton

If you store the pictures in one of the online photo storage spaces you can simply use the "Other Media" tab and link to the pictures you want to use. Here are links to a few of them.

Google Photo storage        PhotoBucket          DropBox      ShutterFly

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, SWharton said:

I finally was able to display a picture.

There is no picture showing only an address. Where is your picture posted? The address should look something like this:

https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/107003560-1642635966764Winnebago_Industries_e-RV_Still.jpg?v=1642778315&w=630&h=354&ffmt=webp&vtcrop=y

107003560-1642635966764Winnebago_Industr

Edited by Kirk W

2 hours ago, SWharton said:

Thanks. I don't really understand why I need to go to a different site to post a picture. Other forums support picture posting from within the site.

Think in terms of space .

You want to live in a 800 square foot house , but , you have 1600 square feet of 'stuff' . You can't or don't want to afford a big house for all the junk , I mean stuff . Hmm , you low rent a storage space for the stuff you really don't use/need very often . 

Ha . You're a genius . You saved a lot of money and can now afford to pay the next rent / mortgage payment and maybe even keep the lights on in your cozy little home . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Yup; by using one of these hosting websites, you picture is actually being displayed by the free hosting website by the link it has you include in your post.  Living large on a dime.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, SWharton said:

Is this true of all the pictures posted?

That depends on how the pictures get posted. If you use cut & paste to post them then the picture is stored on the host forum. If you use a link from a photo hosting site or even from some other website, then all that is stored on the forum site is your link. How the pictures can be inserted into a post depends on the software being used by the forum host and if the forum is not "in house" but is located on a commercial forum host site like this one is, then the cost of the forum is dependent upon the amount of storage paid for. There are some forums that allow either method of inserting pictures.

Very few public internet forums are actually on the server of the host organization but are actually on the servers of a hosting business. Forum hosting services typically cost between $100 and $500 per month, depending on the size of the forum and the storage it uses. The rise of social media: In recent years, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have become increasingly popular, and many people now use these platforms to communicate and share information with each other. This has been especially true at the Escapees RV Club with the increase in younger membership. 

Edited by Kirk W

I use Imgur. I can save a lot of my pics there free and they provide many different links for different websites. For here the Imgur "Direct" link works without having to erase the front and back parenthesis etc. into the other media box. Once I tried it I thought it was best and easiest as well as fastest for just cut and paste no fixing thee links.

Here is a snip I made of the Imgur link selection then saved the Snip to my local drive and then uploaded and copied the "Direct Link" then pasted it here. FREwvgp.jpg

Here I outlined the correct link to use here in red:

IxAVhnX.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 11/18/2023 at 1:06 AM, mike5511 said:

Well it wants iCloud info on a Mac. Wonder if will try and store them there? I don't have room for pictures in my iCloud.

What wants iCloud info?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 11/13/2023 at 5:35 AM, SWharton said:

I didn't realize that. Is this true of all the pictures posted? Like on IRV2.

No, not exactly. the irv2.com Vbulletin software has a feature allowing you to directly upload a picture from your computer. It is however limited for data size. under the reply box, click on go advanced to use that option..

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961