National Rally 2023

lappir

14 minutes ago, DJohns said:

Thank you for the pictures!

My pleasure. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Ok, my date was off. It felt like a Sunday yesterday morning, but clearly it was not. 

The official Start of the Rally  is today at noon. 

The early arrivers were allowed early check in and are now in possession of their name tag, T-shirt or shirts and the latest schedule. mrOyTcyl.jpg

They were also given a sneak peek at the Auditorium which will be utilized this year for many of the seminars. 

httgRVul.jpg

I attended the Car Show in downtown Hutch and found this lovely. 

Yw0JsFBl.jpg

She didn't win the contest, but it was a panel of 4 judging and not a "Popular" vote. 

Visited with "Steve" and got a tour of the "Shop". If you get the chance it's quite an interesting building and equipment. 

Lots of new people here this year, several LGT's and some very nice New Trucks. 

Finally a shout out to Warren. Once again he is Mr. Fix it for many at the rally. Restoring heat for those who suffered with no heat on the coldest night so far. Providing a Movie to be viewed last night in the Auditorium "Ford vs Ferrari" and for getting the Huge White Tarp to show it on. Almost filled the entire stage. I took a video, but apparently not a still photo. Will see if I can post a link to the video. 

Looks like it's here. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

14 hours ago, Nigel said:

Thanks for the pictures Rod.

Again, my pleasure. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

Thanks for the pictures.We are tied to the house by Lung cancer.Our rgr is for sale. Ish and Shelley Gonzales have the information which I have gathered. I did not have tire dates mileage o generator hours engine oil and filter will be changed upon sae

l generator oil change also.Last year we totaled Smart42,Ranger pick up and Ford55.

ZUWVq8Bl.jpg

Some important work in Rogers roof. 

nUggfL3l.jpg

bpUDlwjl.jpg

Mini Split for Truck A/C going down the road. 

vqqYKpIl.jpg

After talking to the Owner I understood it more. 

MGPpjMDl.jpg

Before

zw8PvRAl.jpg

After, same corner just got a little closer. 

hybFBp2l.jpg

First time in a Motorhome, 12 Prior Rally's in first rig, second rig occupants have attended 18 rally's. 

That's all for today. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 10/8/2023 at 7:41 AM, geodog1 said:

Thanks for the pictures.We are tied to the house by Lung cancer.Our rgr is for sale. Ish and Shelley Gonzales have the information which I have gathered. I did not have tire dates mileage o generator hours engine oil and filter will be changed upon sae

l generator oil change also.Last year we totaled Smart42,Ranger pick up and Ford55.

Prayers to you and your family. We are also dealing with the same.

GhzAKVSl.jpg

ciMvI19l.jpg

BOPQfOzl.jpg

Z7Wyhlnl.jpg

LnwvnVkl.jpg

Got to get to the Kitchen to flip the pancakes so that's it for this morning. 

It's been a great rally, lots of new folks and a Whole lot of vehicles in the photo shoot as you might see. I didn't climb to the the top of the Grandstand and that's where the Official Photo was taken. Have seen a few views and it's impressive. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Gd6HM3pl.jpg

One of the late arrivals. 

bFG1JPjl.jpg

rSKFfN8l.jpg

6Nh3ViJl.jpg

yXKqvCbl.jpg

Not a late arrival, but finally got a chance to walk around.

CrhNz2ul.jpg

Why would they put it in a compartment?????

JdSd6mLl.jpg

For ease of Service. Smart Idea Cole!!!!!!!

Not that they so far need much. 

RsP4aDel.jpg

Modern Cooking with a Vintage touch. 

tb8mLEYl.jpg

Cook Books from my Mother's collection. 

Z0nltLel.jpg

VVPaQcPl.jpg

hP2qcfpl.jpg

Should I or shouldn't I? That is the question, and the final photo of today. Friday the 13th I see. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Thanks for posting all the pictures Rod. We were not able to make it this year. Looks like you are having a good time.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

This years rally is coming to an end. It was once again a fun, educational and very much enjoyable week. 

A surprise this year came to the organizers but didn't seem to faze them. A Wedding was scheduled in the same space for Friday night. 

1FHdRCHl.jpg

Some of the attendees were kind enough to include me in their "Selfie".

NGSqWKRl.jpg

The Father and the Bride dance. 

hbTc2vEl.jpg

Room for Smart car and Motorcycle. Owners designed and sewed the bright yellow cover and tell me there is also a two piece hand made "Quilt" under the cover to keep the bike warm and safe. 

XRG2HQil.jpg

Notice anything about this Jeep? 

RVSEF will be busy today after breakfast weighing the rigs as they depart. Will try to get some photos and video of the process if anyone is interested. 

Hope the Friday the 13th was good to all. Sad that it's going to be overcast for the partial Eclipse of the Sun today. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod, thanks for all the pictures we hope one day to attend but something always seem to get in the way, this year our son got married in Texas now why didn't we think to do it at the rally!!! 😛

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Another thanks for the pictures and details, definitely brings back memories. We'll get there again, in the future.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I don't remember seeing an actual picture, but there's several drone videos out there. I'm on my phone right now, but maybe someone else can dig for a group picture and post it here.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On 10/16/2023 at 11:21 AM, mike5511 said:

It would be nice if the "official group photo" was posted on this thread as well as all those individual videos that were taken on picture day. It would be handy to have them in all in one place.......just a thought.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

I don't remember seeing an actual picture, but there's several drone videos out there. I'm on my phone right now, but maybe someone else can dig for a group picture and post it here.

One of these days I hope to come across a photo (if someone will email it to me!) and I will post it here. 

I didn't climb all the stairs to get to the top of the Grandstand. Did it once several years ago and then had to run back down to get into the group photo. Maybe I'll learn to photoshop myself into them. Not!

Some of those who still check the forum are still on Facebook and maybe could post here. It is more work. If I had a better memory with names I could possibly send you to a YouTube channel where a video or two may be available. 

Attending the actual event is much more fun than just looking at photos, but I agree photos are better than not being there and not having a photo or two to see. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

https://nationalhdtrally.org/

The above link has some information regarding the rally. It's also where registration might be for the 2024. Don't use to register for 2023, it's over and done. 

Someone will be working on it to bring some of the photos and such to it also. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

2 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

From the FB HDT group;

May be an image of car and crowd

Thanks for sharing. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800