National Rally 2023

lappir

Hopefully at the latest I will begin my trek to Hutchinson, KS. It will be my first pull with the new to me White Volvo 770. Since it's raining, I will be at my Mechanic's shop very early this morning to have the A/C evacuated and recharged. (he's also a Farmer and has been in the field harvesting for the past several days, so I'm sure he as well as I am happy for the rain.)

I'll try to post info about the rally and take a few photos for those who are unable to attend. 

Rod

nxIlrvyl.jpg

At the rally if someone see's this, often times a crowd soon is noted, wonder if it will work on the forum???

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thanks!  Photos appreciated.  We miss going to the National.  Health is keeping us housebound.

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

We will be at the rally later today but cannot stay for the whole rally. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

The Hutch "rod run" starts tomorrow.     I am in town at my shop if anyone would like to come by contact me by PM

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

8 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

The Hutch "rod run" starts tomorrow.     I am in town at my shop if anyone would like to come by contact me by PM

Missed the last tour, how many can you take at a time? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

9 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Missed the last tour, how many can you take at a time? 

Rod

Don't know why to double post. Sent a PM. 

Edited by lappir
not sure.

2007 Honda GL 1800

You can bring as many as you like.     My shop has about an acre of off street parking.     I am in the middle of a lot of projects so there is stuff everywhere!      

One thing, I am NOT a morning person!     

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

We will be entering a vehicle in the car show on Friday and Saturday, may be a bit cold but we will survive hopefully. If you come by the show and see us by our custom van be sure to say hi.

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

10 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

You can bring as many as you like.     My shop has about an acre of off street parking.     I am in the middle of a lot of projects so there is stuff everywhere!      

One thing, I am NOT a morning person!     

Should have read this before sending you a reply this morning. I will wait for you to call me. I put my number in the PM. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

9 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

We will be entering a vehicle in the car show on Friday and Saturday, may be a bit cold but we will survive hopefully. If you come by the show and see us by our custom van be sure to say hi.

Are you camping at the Rally or just doing the Car Show? 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Looks like the Car Show starts at Noon today and runs to 10 PM Saturday. 

Here's a link for those interested. 

https://g.co/kgs/XabPLj

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

1 hour ago, lappir said:

Are you camping at the Rally or just doing the Car Show? 

Rod

We are at the rally until Wednesday when we have to leave to head for another show in Wisconsin.

I didn't see your rig last night, but as I think about it this morning I don't think I've seen your new rig and was looking for the old one.  Are you all by yourself on the NE?

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

AW4pjVal.jpg

9HWfLqCl.jpg

2007 Honda GL 1800

9 minutes ago, lappir said:

I didn't see your rig last night, but as I think about it this morning I don't think I've seen your new rig and was looking for the old one.  Are you all by yourself on the NE?

Rod

Yes, we are the all white set up straight out from your rear.

uDZ6fXkl.jpg

tSDeOGWl.jpg

2007 Honda GL 1800

m5VGJayl.jpg

Y8aOa0ql.jpg

Ok, that's it for today. Cooler and windy this morning. A few rain drops while taking some photos, but I think it will be sunny this afternoon. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

GOOD MORNING, 

The 2023 National HDT Rally will officially start in just a few seconds, minutes or hours , depending on when the attendees start getting out of their rigs and start heading to the building. 

I was out early this morning to catch the "Frost" on my Jeep and took a few more photos. Several rigs were seen by me on my search for "Steve's" shop. I found it and hope to visit it today. I also fulfilled my visit to 650 feet underground and took the Salt Mine tour yesterday. 

Steve (the rally leader) informed me that there are some interesting new things this year. In addition to the 100 expected Rigs and 220 expected guests, we will now be using the Auditorium for some of the seminars. There apparently is a stage and sound system, not sure if the seating is padded yet, but that would be a big plus. 

Found a nice little Candy shop/Grocery and produce store  down by the  "Steve's" shop location that I will visit again called "Smith's". Thanks Steve.

OK, I know you are all just wanting to look at photos and not having to read my drivel so here they come. 

Rod

N6M1Cj4l.jpg

The frost.

KSIbQbvl.jpg

uQbWYH8l.jpg

Lot's of Solar on that Full House. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

Wa8qNnfl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DBGKUAil.jpg

zNVfcAZl.jpg

StXZ1ujl.jpg

ntVaQPJl.jpg

p44bjWCl.jpg

Ok, that's all for this morning. Maybe more later today, but for sure as the rally progresses. If anyone has requests for specific photos or more close up of something in the background, let me know here and I will try to accommodate. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800